How To Attract A Rich Man

Before I say all this, I think we are on the same page with deal breakers. Everyone should have them. Mine happens to be fidelity, drugs, domineering, and no moral compass (and that's for me to determine because everyone has their own ideas on this and the guy I'm marrying has to be equally yoked).
Someone else may be okay with drugs, etc. But I will say this...if they are not, they should not resolve themselves to expecting that.

I am not selling exceptions. These are the types of guys I know. Maybe I'm a heck of a filter with abstinence. It's possible that the other guys don't bother me at all or waste my time. Same thing with education, they know when I open my mouth that I'm educated and have an opinion so that filters out guys who want you to sit and look pretty. But then I have to filter out other guys who prey on that or have a belief about the type of woman you are if you are abstinent till marriage (and that's another deal in and of itself).

As for no man is perfect that is definitely true but things like fidelity and drugs are character flaws that I don't accept. No person is perfect. What one person thinks is cute another thinks is annoying.

Everything is a trade off...when you chose one guy to marry, you are saying no to every other guy, when you choose one option in life or career others close. Then there are things like religion, etc. But I do think it's important to know your deal breakers and not make the assumption that you can't get a guy like you want.

But yes you will have to assess the environment. Some areas and states, guys marry earlier than others. Some areas you will have to accept an age difference, etc etc depending on the pool of men (all things I learned working with a matchmaker) but to me things like heavy drug use should not be on the list. But hey, that's me to each their own.

gotcha. I agree with all of this. :yep:

I have a close friend of mine that's engaged to an fairly wealthy local businessman, he doesnt do drugs and doesnt drink at all but her compromise is availibility. She's lonely at times bc he travels and works a lot, ninja aint neva home. If he were home tho, he wouldnt have so much money in the first place.

I get the impression some women hope or think they are going to find this rich guy thats perfect and they wont have to compromise on something. everyone compromises, some call it settling, but whatever everyone does it.

I agree. There is always a compromise. Mine is availability, but I'd take that over everything else. *sigh*

I have a close friend of mine that's engaged to an fairly wealthy local businessman, he doesnt do drugs and doesnt drink at all but her compromise is availibility. She's lonely at times bc he travels and works a lot, ninja aint neva home. If he were home tho, he wouldnt have so much money in the first place.

I get the impression some women hope or think they are going to find this rich guy thats perfect and they wont have to compromise on something. everyone compromises, some call it settling, but whatever everyone does it.

See now this makes sense to me. But I guess I don't consider this a compromise. I think it's just about being reasonable.

Duh. He has a company to run, he will have less hours for you. BUT then I will question how you spend your time when you are here. Are you present and attentive (after your nap of course!)?, etc etc.

Things like this should be a given but I guess it isn't to everyone. You've just pointed out something that is invaluable and that I took for granted and was okay with. I assume someone should be busy if they run a company. But then I like to do things by myself. But I assume when we are together, we will have fun together and you will focus attention and time on me. And that doesn't mean don't go play golf because I'm not an arse :lol:....some women have unreasonable expectations if they think a guy should have 100 percent time, energy to them when they have huge responsibilities. They will have to take care of those and that's why they have money in the first place.

I agree. There is always a compromise. Mine is availability, but I'd take that over everything else. *sigh*

mine too. sometimes its kinda annoying but I'm an introvert so of all things I can probably live with lack of availabilty is pretty much it. can handle a guy that's a workaholic and not necessarily Mr. Romantic thats lovey-dovey always spending time. besides, i like ambition. dont like a guy to have tooo much money bc to me that's too much power for a SO to have (for me). plus, its what I'm used to anyway from my own parents and grandparents. :lol:

Last edited:
Well re:socializing with rich ppl, I got invited to a loft party this weekend. My guy cousin (handsome chap) is dating a solidly wealthy Jewish Princess (she digs black guys) and he invited me to a party she's throwing. He said it'd be lots of trust fund babies.
It's 20's themed so I have no idea what the hell to wear but it sounds fun.. If nothing else, ima get my drank on lol.

@ Rocky91 How was the party?

Last edited:
PretteePlease
I've seen your pics and I agree, not the typical type but very attractive ( pretty face/nice hair/brickhouse body) all the same so it's not hard to see that you'd be able to attract men of any caliber.
I think all types of men like a brick house :lol:.

The lady I saw in her photo was baaaaaaaaaaad. That would attract any kind of man! :lol:

Coming out of lurking...so today I decided to go to a little burger place/bar by myself just to grab a sandwich. Place was pretty empty but I saw two black, 40 something men in there (I'm in my 20s). I sat a couple seats down, and they just started talking to me. They weren't trying to hit on me or anything, just good conversation and then they started to give me some advice once they found out I was single. They told me as a young single professional woman I should take some golf lessons and start going to courses/country clubs. They also mentioned different bars that are popping in the city during different sports seasons and where they go. I really appreciated it (LOL) although I don't drink, I'll sit at a bar and watch a game and eat .

Lol...it's also so funny that they mentioned the golf thing. I had been thinking about golf since reading this thread, if only to be able to play with my fam.

Coming out of lurking...so today I decided to go to a little burger place/bar by myself just to grab a sandwich. Place was pretty empty but I saw two black, 40 something men in there (I'm in my 20s). I sat a couple seats down, and they just started talking to me. They weren't trying to hit on me or anything, just good conversation and then they started to give me some advice once they found out I was single. They told me as a young single professional woman I should take some golf lessons and start going to courses/country clubs. They also mentioned different bars that are popping in the city during different sports seasons and where they go. I really appreciated it (LOL) although I don't drink, I'll sit at a bar and watch a game and eat .

Lol...it's also so funny that they mentioned the golf thing. I had been thinking about golf since reading this thread, if only to be able to play with my fam.

Nice!! Thanks for sharing. :)

^^^ I know right. I don't want this thread to die. :(

There is a networking event before the HEAT game tonight & its in the skybox @ Bootkampers. Did I spell that right?? LOL Anyway I was invited by the VP of Cigna. Too bad I can't make it. This last semester has me on edge & right now this degree is more important. Sigh....

^^^ I know right. I don't want this thread to die. :(

There is a networking event before the HEAT game tonight & its in the skybox @ Bootkampers. Did I spell that right?? LOL Anyway I was invited by the VP of Cigna. Too bad I can't make it. This last semester has me on edge & right now this degree is more important. Sigh....

Giiirrl....unless you have a crazy hard assignment or a 54867133 page essay due tomorrow that you haven't started, you had better get your arse there! pre_medicalrulz

Y'all should try running outdoors. Because the path that I use is a Gold Mine of fine, successful-looking men of all ages. Just bump into one and see where that takes you. :look:

I wore my green dress combo yesterday. Two women at my doctors said i looked so nice and asked where I got it. And this old man at Starbucks stopped me and started talking(I treat myself to Starbucks every time i go to that dr and no one has ever stopped me). Not the wealthy young man I'm looking for lol but hey. He was on his way to golf and I told him that's the next sport I want to pick up. I gave him my card....maybe I can get some free tee time :)

[USER=151826]Afro Puff[/USER];18594445 said:
Y'all should try running outdoors. Because the path that I use is a Gold Mine of fine, successful-looking men of all ages. Just bump into one and see where that takes you. :look:

Where are you located.

Story of my life atm :ohwell:

I don't want this thread to die either so Ill share. I seem to be ok in that I'm meeting men just not the ones I am interested in :-(

I met a guy who is successful but he is super corny and has a kid so no bueno.

PRE_medicalcurls I agree with the others...suck it up and go. This ish is like work lol, that event sounds like it has a boat load of the right demographic so even if you have school try to squeeze it in

Some of the things I've slacked off a bit l lately but I'm going to an event for the launch of a luxury car. Its supposed to be cocktails, dancing etc. I could care less about th car itself but I figure new car launch=ton of men

I don't want this thread to die either so Ill share. I seem to be ok in that I'm meeting men just not the ones I am interested in :-(

I met a guy who is successful but he is super corny and has a kid so no bueno.

PRE_medicalcurls I agree with the others...suck it up and go. This ish is like work lol, that event sounds like it has a boat load of the right demographic so even if you have school try to squeeze it in

Some of the things I've slacked off a bit l lately but I'm going to an event for the launch of a luxury car. Its supposed to be cocktails, dancing etc. I could care less about th car itself but I figure new car launch=ton of men.

Manhattan NY

I was leaving VA headed into DC on the gw parkway and I passed a bike/running trail. I saw a fine man with his Shirt off riding his bike. Umm I might have to start walking/running that trail....once I figure out how to get to it and make sure I can do it without passing out from exhaustion half way on the trail. Lol

Last edited:
I was leaving VA headed into DC on the gw parkway and I passed a bike/running trail. I saw a fine man with his short off riding his bike. Umm I might have to start walking/running that trail....once I figure out how to get to it and make sure I can do it without passing out from exhaustion half way on the trail. Lol
You can park at the boat dock or at Gravelly Point Park and start the trail going north or south.

You can park at the boat dock or at Gravelly Point Park and start the trail going north or south.

Thank you! Do you know what the trail is named so I can google how long it is.

For those of you who use trails like this do you take mace or something? (I'm having visions of svu and Central Park type incidents) lol

Thank you! Do you know what the trail is named so I can google how long it is.

For those of you who use trails like this do you take mace or something? (I'm having visions of svu and Central Park type incidents) lol

You should always have mace or a taser.

I wish I lived somewhere chic. :(

Oh and another thing. Men may talk about having a radar for gold diggers and such. But, I've noticed that men volunteer their career info, employer's name, whether they're an entrepreneur, the value of their life insurance policy, crap about their family office, their days in boarding school, etc. when they meet a woman they want.

Part of their strategy in getting the woman they want is advertising their $$$$ in hopes that the woman says 'Yes'. Realized that again tonight while chatting to a banker.

Last edited:
Back