How To Attract A Rich Man

Ok. So back to the title of this thread. So now dude that I met over the weekend (who I have yet to get rid of) is asking if he can meet my parents?! And talks about marriage like its water. Why on earth can I not get this reaction from a wealthy man? Sigh... I think I started off tooooo friendly. I might have to reel it in a little. But its hard when you're trying to find out status w/o digging so hard on the first night of meeting someone. I just need to start all over. I need a clean slate.

You need to say as little as possible and just listen and watch. Also, wait for the business card.

It's just an attempt to throw shade.

I don't know if this was directed at me because I asked it recently, but I wasn't trying to "throw shade" and I'm sorry if it came off that way. I wanted to know who landed and kept a rich man so I'd know whose advice I should pay extra attention too. Non-married women might still have good insight and ideas because of their experiences with the kind of men in question, but just like with my own friends, I'd pay a little extra attention to man advice from the happily married ones than from the single/serial monogamist ones.

With all the threads on how to change ourselves (be more feminine, lose weight, wear makeup, dress this way and that way), in order to get a man period, how dare we want to make all out efforts worthwhile with a successful rich man.

I'm not going to work hard to snag Tyrone from 'round the way, just like the basketball player isn't going to waste time with bonequisha from 'round the way.

Giiiiiiiirl please dont let athletes(or any entertainers really) be the epitome of your wealth meter! Most of the time these types actually do link up with the round the way girls unless they are uber successful, or just a general upstanding man. But change that bball player to fortune 500 ceo or something lol and Ita with your post.

I think there should be a thread on how to keep one, attracting them is one thing but getting the ring is a totally different ball game.

I saw some on LSA but it was more on how to be a WAG of a NFL/NBA player. No thanks.

well start one den girl. lol

Ok. So back to the title of this thread. So now dude that I met over the weekend (who I have yet to get rid of) is asking if he can meet my parents?! And talks about marriage like its water. Why on earth can I not get this reaction from a wealthy man? Sigh... I think I started off tooooo friendly. I might have to reel it in a little. But its hard when you're trying to find out status w/o digging so hard on the first night of meeting someone. I just need to start all over. I need a clean slate.

Do you know what he does? I think you can ask what someone does for a living in detail without feeling like youre digging.

I don't know if this was directed at me because I asked it recently, but I wasn't trying to "throw shade" and I'm sorry if it came off that way. I wanted to know who landed and kept a rich man so I'd know whose advice I should pay extra attention too. Non-married women might still have good insight and ideas because of their experiences with the kind of men in question, but just like with my own friends, I'd pay a little extra attention to man advice from the happily married ones than from the single/serial monogamist ones.
Hmm that could help you miss a good thing. Its like not taking hair adivce because someone has short hair. You dont know why their hair is short, they could have just cut it and have healthy hair practices and you would miss out on a great opp. :lol:

You don't have to dig that hard, just observe and listen. Normally if they mention extensive travel or long periods of living abroad, my spidey senses start tingling. Wealthy men carry themselves differently too. Often they're very polite, and there's a quiet confidence and sense of ease.

I knew my FH was well off from the moment I met him. He and his friends were on the patio of an upscale lounge smoking weed (Clue 1: A rules don't apply to me attitude). When asked about his profession, he told me that he skateboards and play guitar, but his friend made sure to mention his tier one law degree. FH also talked about living abroad, and how excited he was about an upcoming move. I found out on our second date that he was moving into a Penthouse level luxury apartment.

Hmm that could help you miss a good thing. Its like not taking hair adivce because someone has short hair. You dont know why their hair is short, they could have just cut it and have healthy hair practices and you would miss out on a great opp. :lol:

True, and some women who got what they wanted might've been the benefactors of good luck, which is why I still take everything into consideration. The comments from the women who landed the golden egg just give me extra pause.

Mr number is a wonderful app...

I use a Google number...Google numbers can be forwarded to a cellphone ..if someone gets annoying, I can set up a call block only that specific number. The caller will hear a 'Number not in service' message when calling your Google number. The call will be marked as 'Blocked' under 'History' and 'Missed.'

I won't go into details, but had a situation where this really helped out..

My google voice number is my regular number now. But I've used both services to block numbers and I must say I like Mr. Number better. You can also block a whole range of numbers. Like all private/blocked numbers. All numbers not in your contacts. All numbers with XXX area code. Plus have it do different things for each type of number.

My google voice number is my regular number now. But I've used both services to block numbers and I must say I like Mr. Number better. You can also block a whole range of numbers. Like all private/blocked numbers. All numbers not in your contacts. All numbers with XXX area code. Plus have it do different things for each type of number.

Does anyone know the iPhone equivalent to this Mr Number app?

Giiiiiiiirl please dont let athletes(or any entertainers really) be the epitome of your wealth meter! Most of the time these types actually do link up with the round the way girls unless they are uber successful, or just a general upstanding man. But change that bball player to fortune 500 ceo or something lol and Ita with your post.

well start one den girl. lol

Do you know what he does? I think you can ask what someone does for a living in detail without feeling like youre digging.

Very true indeed!

You said a lot here...why haven't you gotten rid of him yet if you say he isn't what you're looking for and you see no benefit in remaining connected? Don't reel it in too much...remember to be firm but polite. Just ask questions without coming off as too nosy or too pushy.

Show genuine interest in the answers and don't appear to just be doing a process of elimination. Guys can pick up on that.

shortycocoa

It's funny because if I never ran across this thread then he would be someone I would actually date and can possibly see as a husband. But this thread has changed my recent way of thinking. LOL :blush:

So, I've read this whole thread. Despite being a 19 year old university student living with my boyfriend haha.
Although he has a lot of things lined up and hopefully will go far...

Thanks for all the info, hopefully they'll help in keeping him or if not getting someone else.

Although, quick question. I'm a women with I'd say, strong opinions.
Do women who attract rich men have to be the submissive type? I mean i'm very understanding and empathetic but if someone says something I don't agree with i'll say it. Also I hate cooking and am very ambitious. Do these rich men expect there women to sit at home and take care of them?
If so, I'm so not into that.

So I'm on my way to the airport & I must admit that I'm not looking like I'm after any man at all. But its 3am. :( However I do have full face make-up on w/ the sexiest, boldest braidout ever!! lol

Can you ladies recommend some good books that might be inspirational or help build confidence in this area.

I was thinking of all the books geared toward getting the guy and I'm curious of how they have actually hindered the chance to meet this particular type of guy.

For example, Why Men Love Biitches; do you think the advice given in that book can still be applied toward these types of relationships or guys?

Can you ladies recommend some good books that might be inspirational or help build confidence in this area.

I was thinking of all the books geared toward getting the guy and I'm curious of how they have actually hindered the chance to meet this particular type of guy.

For example, Why Men Love Biitches; do you think the advice given in that book can still be applied toward these types of relationships or guys?

What do you mean "type of relationship"? It's like any other relationship :look: I think that book applies to all men.

Do you all know of any wealthy black wives that rock visibly natural hair (Not including black wives in the entertainment industry)?

I just ordered my calling cards. I used vistaprint. They have a feminine pinkish color and have my name, phone number (a 1-800 number I have for my solo practice ) and my email. I got the premium cards with the upgraded premium paper stock.

Back