How To Attract A Rich Man

Result of grabbing a drink @ an upscale steakhouse bar last week in my hood (as a young sista...the only sista in the house): Invitation to grab drinks tomorrow & invitation to concert on Saturday (will not be going to concert due to other plans).

By the way...NYC ladies...the Bridgehampton Polo club's Opening Day is Saturday, July 20th. The game is 2hrs long from 4pm -6pm every Saturday until August 24th or something. Gates open @ 3pm. Each car is just $25. You can tailgate @ car or sit in grandstand. VIP is limited to ~350 hand picked people this year. But, I'm sure you can get in where you fit in ;-)

Ive never been to a polo match but I'm quite interested in stopping by on Opening Day

I dont know how i feel about having your picture on there if you dont plan to use the cards to promote your business.
I liked the johnsmith ones - simple bold yet striking design...then i figured that kind of design doesn't exactly say feminine. Though i guess with the right colours it could be? I need to think about this and see more templates and come up with a design that's ME. I really like this idea though. Thanks @lilanie

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Slll mini using LHCF

No problem, @miss cosmic. I know the idea of a picture may be a little unnerving, but I figure it might be a constant reminder of how desirable and gorge you are...:yep: Additionally, my friend is about a 15 (on a scale of 1-10), and so far has had no problem arising from her image being on the card. She doesnt give them to just anybody, she has vetted them quite a bit before they receive the card. ( I have used them as well)

Another thing to consider is to have two sets: one for networking and another for eligible bachelors.

I'm in SoCal and my area is dense with prospects, but you have to do what works for you. (which I'm sure you will :yep:)

Last edited:
Photos Courtesy of GirlWithCurves

How about these looks for a more polished look? And yes, with heels :lol:.

Am I on the right track?

I wouldnt consider any of those polished. :/ lets see that button down tucked into a trouser would be nice and put together and that last top with an a line or pencil skirt would be nice

Okay, anybody who missed Wendy today I transcribed the segment where she talked about EVERYTHING we discussed here. She's a Nikkos cousin in hiding or something LOL.

(By the way, I used to be a transcriptionist so it was easy and it doesn't mean I had nothing better to do LOL)

Anyway, she was talking about Cameron Diaz requesting help from Jane Fonda to find a man. Then she started with her advice....

"Another thing I always tell single women. You can't be scared of this. My advice is always to go at lunchtime or afterwork for drinks to a white tablecloth restaurant.. with cloth napkins... and go in a good neighborhood... you want to meet someone with a decent job? I mean it starts with a job... he could be a jerk but you know, this is a start.

Hustle yourself to a restaurant in a good area. For instance, here in NY I'd say go down to Wall Street. Go around lunch time or afterwork. guys love steak resstaurants also... like I love steak and I notice in steak restaaurants there's always tables full of guys and a sreak restaurant with one of those cigar rooms is even better. And this is what you do ladies, you go by yourself. Put on a nice pencil skirt or maybe a peplum blouse. You know, have your shoe game on.... but not too much because guys who wear suits and ties they don't like a whole lot of adornment on the shoes. You know, just something sensible. And you go down there and tell the maitre de or your waiter to remove all the forks and plates. Don't make it look like you're eating with somebody else. You are strong, you are self assured and you are going to sit at that table BY YOURSELF!! And you bring out your blackberry, your reader glasses and whatever else you have going on. And make sure that you keep your eye on the room. Don't sit at the bar. it looks cheap and flewshyish...even in a good restaurant. You've got to sit at the table. And look, guys know if you're approachable.... as long as you make the eye contact. And make sure there's only one glass on the table and one plate. don't let it look like you're expecting company. Be confident! I'm telling you, it's a good way to meet a guy..."

Everything she said was said here so it's nothing new. However, I disagree on her advice on the simple shoes. I believe men are attracted to flashy shoes. Another thing, she thinks sitting at the bar looks flewsyish. I thought that at first also but it's easier to do for me than sitting at a table alone so the bar will have to do for starters. I will add that I could do the small tables that are usually alongside the bar if I had a choice.

Great advice

barbiesocialite what says you re: bolded :lol:

Result of grabbing a drink @ an upscale steakhouse bar last week in my hood (as a young sista...the only sista in the house): Invitation to grab drinks tomorrow & invitation to concert on Saturday (will not be going to concert due to other plans).

By the way...NYC ladies...the Bridgehampton Polo club's Opening Day is Saturday, July 20th. The game is 2hrs long from 4pm -6pm every Saturday until August 24th or something. Gates open @ 3pm. Each car is just $25. You can tailgate @ car or sit in grandstand. VIP is limited to ~350 hand picked people this year. But, I'm sure you can get in where you fit in ;-)

Ive never been to a polo match but I'm quite interested in stopping by on Opening Day

Girl you are on a roll!!!
I truly have to find the energy. smh

Lookbook, Polyvore, and Chictopia are good resources for learning different style esthetics (such as casual chic like TwoSnapsUp described) and for learning how to layer elements and put pieces together to create a finished, polished look.

They are time sinkholes though and it's easy to get lost for hours (especially if you're a fashion junky) so be careful. :lol:

Last edited:
^maybe she's not average in looks to them?

I mean just an average looking girl like me or anyone else who works with what she has.

That's why I said you must be either beautiful or have a strong presence (which seems what your friend has), or a combination of both.

I meant Miss Average both in looks and personality.

All those behaviors are cultivated and learned. It's not so much a crazy sparkling personality, just the ability to learn to exude confidence.

Any style blogs you guys recommend for the feminine/classic/dress for men style we should be aiming for?

I understand wearing more dresses and skirts. But what about "everyday" looks. I wear fitted jeans, tshirt and flats as my everyday look when running errands.

TwoSnapsUp LovelyLouboutin I've mentioned Elizabeth Keene before in the Hollywood Glamour thread, but she's a good blogger to follow. She does casual chic/everyday really well, but also knows how to work more classically feminine looks.

IMG_1905.JPG

IMG_1921-001.JPG

IMG_1567.JPG

IMG_1399.JPG

IMG_1202.JPG

IMG_1254-002.JPG

IMG_1161.JPG

IMG_0968.JPG

IMG_0976.JPG

IMG_0669.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_9414.JPG

Desktop.JPG

IMG_9348.JPG

IMG_7677.JPG

IMG_7736.JPG

i heart this thread and all the valuable info posted, i'm always remarking on how women (many not all) have lost the art of being a woman and it's a shame, i mean just the general of looking groomed and pulled together, like in the 20'-60s era, i really hate that people just go, some don't even wash and go.

i'm just lamenting as I used to only wear skirts and dresses (even in deep winter with snow) and now due to being too busy i throw on trousers and jeans, anyway things will start to get back on track after this weekend and I'm going back to capturing myself, my female allure

thank you to all who have given great tips in this thread, i greatly appreciate as a reminder is sometimes needed

No problem, @miss cosmic. I know the idea of a picture may be a little unnerving, but I figure it might be a constant reminder of how desirable and gorge you are...:yep: Additionally, my friend is about a 15 (on a scale of 1-10), and so far has had no problem arising from her image being on the card. She doesnt give them to just anybody, she has vetted them quite a bit before they receive the card.

Another thing to consider is to have two sets: one for networking and another for eligible bachelors.

I'm in SoCal and my area is dense with prospects, but you have to do what works for you. (which I'm sure you will :yep:)

I honestly wouldn't put a picture on a business card, they might confuse you with a working woman:blush:

If your into causal feminine style. Id check out the Olivia Palermo thread in the fashion section. I think she does this well, while looking polished and not to Froo Froo California girl type:look:.

Last edited:
As soon as I lose this 30 lbs I am revamping my wardrobe. Going back to find that thread with a list of must have clothing items a woman should have in her closet.

If your into causal feminine style. Id check out the Olivia Palermo thread in the fashion section. I think she does this well, while looking polished and not to Froo Froo California girl type:look:.

That's cause she's an Upper East Side old money chick, lol. I absolutely love her style, she mixes high and low very well.

Last edited:
Ladies you should read The Wealth Choice by Dennis Kimbro. Dynamic man. I went to college with one of his daughters. Very down to earth man with great information to share. He made a point of not interviewing entertainers but real Black wealth.

Mad my home girls jumped on this black tie yacth affair this weekend. I should've listened to the previous poster about not telling friends Lol

And of course karla

I'm feeling this blouse. Its so funny because I'm not a fan of this type of attention so many times I down play my wardrobe & my walk. I'm 5'9 & have a powerful walk but I downplay it so well to avoid public attention. smh I need to just be myself.

Ann Taylor Clothing Store is an excellent shop for affordable and form-fitted attire with class, sexiness, and sophistication. I live at this store and wear her clothes just about everyday and get tons of preferred attention.

Last edited:
Like clothes, one size doesn't fit all:ohwell:

True, but when your on the hunt for rich men, it would just seem a tad odd to have business cards out with your picture on them if your a normal woman. Id try to be a subtle as possible, so that they never pick up on what your intentions are directly. Of course they know you want them for money, but they never want to to believe it:look:That's just my opinion.

I'm feeling this blouse. Its so funny because I'm not a fan of this type of attention so many times I down play my wardrobe & my walk. I'm 5'9 & have a powerful walk but I downplay it so well to avoid public attention. smh I need to just be myself.

See I like pops of sexiness I like the fact that the blouse is loose, no cleavage and just a little back out, and a very nice pencil skirt that's not to tight. Im more into vampy style sexiness, that just gives the illusion of skin. Im tall and model esq with boobs. So I figured out what works with my body. Having a wardrobe that fits your body type is wayyyyy more important. I can not stress the importance of getting your clothes tailored. That alone will make you look more polished.

True, but when your on the hunt for rich men, it would just seem a tad odd to have business cards out with your picture on them if your a normal woman. Id try to be a subtle as possible, so that they never pick up on what your intentions are directly. Of course they know you want them for money, but they never want to to believe it:look:That's just my opinion.

I agree. I don't like the idea of personal cards. It just seems like it's something you just pass out to everyone. The guy should feel special that he got your contact info and it's like a reward for working to get it. Not like you're all prepared to give it out. Business cards are totally different. If you're really insisting on using a card then maybe you could get a different business card that has something you do on the side as a hobby instead (sewing, baking, etc) so it's not so obvious that it's just a card to give to suitors.

Back