How To Attract A Rich Man

Your way only works if you are very good looking.

I agree.

I see what Barbiesocialite is trying to say and I agree it definitely works, but you need to be beautiful and/or have a strong presence/aura (like barbiesocialite herself :lol:).

However it's not something that would really work for Miss Average who needs to put herself out there somehow.

I agree.

I see what Barbiesocialite is trying to say and I agree it definitely works, but you need to be beautiful and/or have a strong presence/aura (like barbiesocialite herself :lol:).

However it's not something that would really work for Miss Average who needs to put herself out there somehow.

I dunno, I see average chicks cold approached allll the time! What I've noticed is they seem tapped into their feminine energy, seem kinda mysterious, have permanent soft smiles on their faces and only really talk when engaged. Once they engage in convo, they make it seem like they are the only two people in the room. My bff is who I have in mind.

I dunno, I see average chicks cold approached allll the time! What I've noticed is they seem tapped into their feminine energy, seem kinda mysterious, have permanent soft smiles on their faces and only really talk when engaged. Once they engage in convo, they make it seem like they are the only two people in the room. My bff is who I have in mind.

That's why I said you must be either beautiful or have a strong presence (which seems what your friend has), or a combination of both.

I meant Miss Average both in looks and personality.

I understand wearing more dresses and skirts. But what about "everyday" looks. I wear fitted jeans, tshirt and flats as my everyday look when running errands.

Omg I'm watching Wendy Williams and I swear she's lurking in this thread she said exactly the same thing: go to a white table cloth restaurant in a nice area and eat alone if you want to meet well off men

I understand wearing more dresses and skirts. But what about "everyday" looks. I wear fitted jeans, tshirt and flats as my everyday look when running errands.

lol you say this like a dress cant be an everyday look.

I havenmt worn jeans in 4 years, pants in 2.5 years. *shrugs*

Dresses and skirts can be your everyday looks also.

In terms of jeans, even though you're casual, you can also still look chic.

Like this:

article-2311486-19615D92000005DC-165_634x880.jpg

Omg I'm watching Wendy Williams and I swear she's lurking in this thread she said exactly the same thing: go to a white table cloth restaurant in a nice area and eat alone if you want to meet well off men

I just watched Wendy on the DVR and I came in here to post just what you said because that was kinda eerie LOL. She mentioned that steakhouses have tables full of men there. But she said sit at the table to eat alone as opposed to the bar.

I'm convinced she's a member because of the timing LOL :yep:

Your way only works if you are very good looking.

I agree.

haha, thank you fasika for the compliment :kiss:

I sorta see what you're saying. I guess maybe I might be a bit biased because I dress and carry myself in a flashier manner than most women. The reaction that woman on the show received alarmed me and the dating coach & her male assistant. I want to make sure the ladies in this thread dont repeat her mistakes. :yep:

there has to be happy medium somewhere tho......

Do you ladies carry business cards with just your personal info on it? After my trip to Tokyo where it seems to be a staple (I collected at least 15 cards of random strangers and I wasn't doing any business!) I'm thinking of having some pretty ones made up before I go on my vacation.

My phone is starting to show its age, thinking I should replace it before I go gold diggin'. ;) :lachen:

How else do you "elegantly" swap info?

Last edited:
Do you ladies carry business cards with just your personal info on it? After my trip to Tokyo where it seems to be a staple (I collected at least 15 cards of random strangers and I wasn't doing any business!) I'm thinking of having some pretty ones made up before I go on my vacation.

My phone is starting to show its age, thinking I should replace it before I go gold diggin'. ;) :lachen:

How else do you "elegantly" swap info?

Those are called personal cards. I told my friend about the idea about 8 years ago, she uses them and has had great results. She ordered some new ones from Vistaprints with color photos on the front and back.

I am going to have some made soon. I need them for the PJF coming up.

There's nothing worse than digging through your purse for a pen and paper. I'm always afraid that a tampon or something would come flying out at the worst possible moment!!

I've got so many questions, can't wait to get home from work!

Also if any of you are on pinterest or have some pins to some great outfits, share the wealth!

[USER=152728]lilanie[/USER];18447457 said:
Those are called personal cards. I told my friend about the idea about 8 years ago, she uses them and has had great results. She ordered some new ones from Vistaprints with color photos on the front and back.

I am going to have some made soon. I need them for the PJF coming up.

This is a great idea that i'm definitely going to use. I hate pulling out my phone and exchanging numbers, i'd much rather give a card and wait for him to call. Do you have any links for designs etc?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Slll mini using LHCF

Okay, anybody who missed Wendy today I transcribed the segment where she talked about EVERYTHING we discussed here. She's a Nikkos cousin in hiding or something LOL.

(By the way, I used to be a transcriptionist so it was easy and it doesn't mean I had nothing better to do LOL)

Anyway, she was talking about Cameron Diaz requesting help from Jane Fonda to find a man. Then she started with her advice....

"Another thing I always tell single women. You can't be scared of this. My advice is always to go at lunchtime or afterwork for drinks to a white tablecloth restaurant.. with cloth napkins... and go in a good neighborhood... you want to meet someone with a decent job? I mean it starts with a job... he could be a jerk but you know, this is a start.

Hustle yourself to a restaurant in a good area. For instance, here in NY I'd say go down to Wall Street. Go around lunch time or afterwork. guys love steak resstaurants also... like I love steak and I notice in steak restaaurants there's always tables full of guys and a sreak restaurant with one of those cigar rooms is even better. And this is what you do ladies, you go by yourself. Put on a nice pencil skirt or maybe a peplum blouse. You know, have your shoe game on.... but not too much because guys who wear suits and ties they don't like a whole lot of adornment on the shoes. You know, just something sensible. And you go down there and tell the maitre de or your waiter to remove all the forks and plates. Don't make it look like you're eating with somebody else. You are strong, you are self assured and you are going to sit at that table BY YOURSELF!! And you bring out your blackberry, your reader glasses and whatever else you have going on. And make sure that you keep your eye on the room. Don't sit at the bar. it looks cheap and flewshyish...even in a good restaurant. You've got to sit at the table. And look, guys know if you're approachable.... as long as you make the eye contact. And make sure there's only one glass on the table and one plate. don't let it look like you're expecting company. Be confident! I'm telling you, it's a good way to meet a guy..."

Everything she said was said here so it's nothing new. However, I disagree on her advice on the simple shoes. I believe men are attracted to flashy shoes. Another thing, she thinks sitting at the bar looks flewsyish. I thought that at first also but it's easier to do for me than sitting at a table alone so the bar will have to do for starters. I will add that I could do the small tables that are usually alongside the bar if I had a choice.

miss cosmic - yes, let me scour the net' for some...

I have my friend's card, however I dont have fancydancy software to blur her face for privacy.

Give me a second or two.

I dont know how i feel about having your picture on there if you dont plan to use the cards to promote your business.
I liked the johnsmith ones - simple bold yet striking design...then i figured that kind of design doesn't exactly say feminine. Though i guess with the right colours it could be? I need to think about this and see more templates and come up with a design that's ME. I really like this idea though. Thanks lilanie

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Slll mini using LHCF

go to a white table cloth restaurant in a nice area and eat alone if you want to meet well off men

I did this yesterday in midtown Manhattan & all I met was an old couple that advised me to sit in the cool & airy section of the restaurant. Yes there were bankers close by talking shop and other guys dining with their co-workers. And talking to their co workers...some of whom were married. I think it's a little difficult to meet well to do men at tables. I think you're more likely to meet multiple men @ the restaurant bar.

Photos courtesy of GirlWithCurves

This is similar to how I go out when doing everyday things, but with flats instead of heels. Hair is either down, in a bun or loose twist in the back.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 255
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 215
Photos Courtesy of GirlWithCurves

How about these looks for a more polished look? And yes, with heels :lol:.

Am I on the right track?

Attachments

• pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 175
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 178
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 162
  • pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 158
  • pic7.jpg
    pic7.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Maneandchic is also good when she does her clothing boards I feel. It's trendy yet classic. I follow her on pinterest too and I love all her clothes boards.

I want to dress trendy but classic too if that makes sense. I'm still young and want to reflect that being stylish yet chic.

I would wear python black heels before black leather heels. I love when gilt has their sales and the heels are only 3.5 inches and it's discounted. Definitely a vamp for the work wardrobe.

I'm obsessed with python.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

There's nothing worse than digging through your purse for a pen and paper. I'm always afraid that a tampon or something would come flying out at the worst possible moment!!

I've got so many questions, can't wait to get home from work!

Also if any of you are on pinterest or have some pins to some great outfits, share the wealth!

Yay See my post above!

CoutureMe06

What's the rich people park in manhattan?

As for gym, is nysc LE? :rofl: :rofl: just kidding Depending on the location of nysc you do see UE people there. It's all about the specific nysc location .

equinox has a steep price tag but I wish I could join. Seems like a truly UE awesome gym. Do you see celebrities?

Idk but when I was working on wall street I didn't like the NYSC so equinox it was!! It's worth it to me bc I go often to justify the price. I think it's only $50 more.

I don't see celebrities it's probably my location. I worked at a high end bar there too as well as doing my usual day job there and I recognized many of the men that go there who lived in the area in very affluent buildings. I only say that bc for manhattan wall street can be affordable but certain buildings such as the setai it's $6000 for a studio so you know who really has it by the apt they live in.

I'm not risking not having someones contact info. i like people to text me on the spot.

barbiesocialite is right you don't ask a guy all of that on a date, i was saying to chat it up with the bartender

i feel some way about personal cards i did that when i was 19, dude.sd he felt like i gave my number to anyone

Back