How To Attract A Rich Man

I have been looking up steakhouses in Manhattan, may look some up in long island, too.
My plan is to go some time next month.

I'm a little rusty, maybe I need to practice in a less upscale establishment first...

Oooh, girl tell me what you find. I work in the city and would like to frequent some places.

I don't think official events are the way to go for NYC, even DC to an extent. The best way to meet men in NYC is strategically placing yourself in daily life.

-Like choose the right places to eat lunch. Men like sandwiches, go to a sub shop in an business district or near wall st or something.
-Instead of happy hour. Eat at the bar of an upscale restaurant during business or dinner hours. A place where politicians or business assoc go for personal meetings. make yourself visible by sitting in a place patrons can see you as they walk in and out the restaurant.
-which way do you walk/get to and from work? take a route or subway line that business or rich men would need to take to get home or to work.
-where do you shop? stop by the men's department of an expensive dept. store or browse designer men's footwear store while you're out shopping for yourself.
-where do you get dinner? go to an grocery store in expensive neighborhood and look at the self-checkout or express lanes. go out of your way to get carryout from that same neighborhood
-do you excecise, workout or play sports? dont go to a women's store, go to a sports shop for gym and athletic gear
-rich or not, most single men under 35 do their own laundry. Choose the right laundromat (note: this point is for NYC only, everywhere else people have their own washers & dryers lol)

Thanks for this!!

This week's homework assignment is:
If you are not accustomed to going in on your appearance on a daily basis I suggest that you do. Do the works, nicely put together outfits, hair on point, shoe game up to par and face beat.

I doing a pompadour bun this week and while I can't do much with my outfit (I wear a uniform to work) I am taking the effort to take care of my skin and wear make-up everyday this week. I ride the train everyday and tend to get a lot more glasses with my hair looking neat and heels + dress complimented by makeup that enhances my eyes and other facial features. Good luck! :yep:

Last edited:
Went to the rite aid today to grab some needed items. Had on minimal makeup, hair in a messy type half up, half down style that the exes used to compliment me on, skinny jeans and flats. Swinging my hips like I'm walking down the runway . Kept dropping items and the older men had no problems running to pick them up for me. One younger guy tried, but the old man beat him to it.

Hmmmm, would this work in the upscale establishments?

See. I'm still half sleep at 530am to want to put on makeup other than the basics (foundation, blush & eye liner). Contouring & shadowing for work is too much work during the weekday & too much work attn for me. Now weekends, YES! I have time & can do it at my own pace.

So I need to find someone who can give me a hookup at the Sports Club/LA in downtown(dc). It's looking like that is the premiere gym in the area.

I have a date for the golf course this saturday. What should I wear?

probably khaki shorts, a polo, and sneakers. hair pulled back and basic face. pearls if you have them(although I just like wearing pears so optional :lol:)

Oooh, girl tell me what you find. I work in the city and would like to frequent some places.

Thanks for this!!

This week's homework assignment is:
If you are not accustomed to going in on your appearance on a daily basis I suggest that you do. Do the works, nicely put together outfits, hair on point, shoe game up to par and face beat.

I doing a pompadour bun this week and while I can't do much with my outfit (I wear a uniform to work) I am taking the effort to take care of my skin and wear make-up everyday this week. I ride the train everyday and tend to get a lot more glasses with my hair looking neat and heels + dress complimented by makeup that enhances my eyes and other facial features. Good luck! :yep:
hmm not really going anywhere this week, on chill mode but when I go out I will do this.
See. I'm still half sleep at 530am to want to put on makeup other than the basics (foundation, blush & eye liner). Contouring & shadowing for work is too much work during the weekday & too much work attn for me. Now weekends, YES! I have time & can do it at my own pace.
does she need a full beat face? I feel like foundation, blush, eye liner, and some color on the lips is fine and polished.

does she need a full beat face? I feel like foundation, blush, eye liner, and some color on the lips is fine and polished.
Nah she doesnt need to kill herself with makeup, just make it noticeable enough to know u took your time that morning but subtle enough to not see where fantasy ends and reality begins.

Hey girls

So I am kinda sad because I remember barbiesocialite mentioned knowing about fine whiskies in another similiar thread.

I want to know more about whiskey both for my own interests and for socializing in certian circles. I googled "whiskey tastings" and found something that fit what I was looking for to a T. Held on a yacht in San Francisco, the "World of Whiskey Expo" is held only once a year and sells out fast.

Known as the most comprehensive and innovative consumer-tasting show in the country, the festival has grown over the years to become a much-anticipated San Francisco staple. Each year, the Expo attracts over 1,500 high-income spirits lovers and presents well over two hundred whiskies, from well-known brands to small independent bottlers.

I'm thinking, it can't get any better than this right?

Well...I missed it! It was April 6 haha!

Anyway, posting my findings so that you ladies can find any whiskey shows in your area that hopefully attract the kinda men you want to meet. :)

Update!:

WOW Expo Austin Schedule 2013

Second Annual Whiskies of the World® Austin

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Austin Music Hall
7:00pm – 10:00pm (VIP hour 6:00pm)

WOW Atlanta Expo 2013

The Inaugural Whiskies of the World® Atlanta

Friday, November 1, 2013

7:00pm – 10:00pm (VIP hour 6:00pm)
INTERCONTINENTAL
BUCKHEAD ATLANTA
3315 Peachtree Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
United States

Last edited:
@Mortons I am looking to go also! Please PM me. Are you going to do the VIP hour? They have early bird tickets available now on eventbrite.

Gonna look up each package to see what it entails then decide. I only see the tickets for Austin for sale though, not Atlanta. PM if you find the Atlanta tickets.

for any Miami folks the South Florida Technology Summit at Miami Airport Convention Center, is going on tomorrow. I want to go but not sure yet since I will have class all morning till 2

whoever gave the eventbrite link thanks!

What about those of us who don't have a high power job (i.e. attorney, doc, etc.) is there still hope :perplexed I still work and I work hard at my job...no slacker here just not some big amazing one like some of you ladies.

Livingmylifetothefullest - I met my *best* men when i worked for a consulting firm as an AdminAssistant - they were ballin' outta control. Nice happy hours with my bosses who were pull lower six-figures, especially when the were tipsy, introducing me to their clients, etc.

And now I am a nursing student on UI (not very UE), but I will continue my quest for a nice benefactor/rich dude because I will need someone to keep me socially educated.

And a girl needs to have a little fun!:yep:

Um...no freaking duh. I don't think anyone wants to marry a rich loser. But if I can marry a poor, good man , I can marry a wealthy, good man.

I don't think you've actually read the thread. :look:

Havent read the rest of the thread yet but she stay ruining threads like this. Always in them with debbie downer gibberish.

I still need to read this thread.

Is anyone in NYC and truly enjoy the art of drinking? I am subscribed to many upscale whiskey events and the brandy library often has free tastings and a lounge area for brandy and cognacs. I'm sure wealthy men flock to these types of things.

I have great interests in spirits. Just something to throw out there!!!

I usually go to some tastings and you definitely have a different caliber of men there more upscale and $$$.

If anyone has some interest to attending these please let me know!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I still need to read this thread.

Is anyone in NYC and truly enjoy the art of drinking? I am subscribed to many upscale whiskey events and the brandy library often has free tastings and a lounge area for brandy and cognacs. I'm sure wealthy men flock to these types of things.

I have great interests in spirits. Just something to throw out there!!!

I usually go to some tastings and you definitely have a different caliber of men there more upscale and $$$.

If anyone has some interest to attending these please let me know!!

Do the events you go to also put on events in DC?

Do the events you go to also put on events in DC?

I'm not sure. I don't think DC has such a emerging cocktail culture like NYC or London.

Usually Dale Degroff has an event. I believe in July?? I would subscribe to all major whiskey brands. They email you when they have tastings.

Also class magazine is great to see best rated bars in different cities rated by Diffords guide

I have been looking up steakhouses in Manhattan, may look some up in long island, too.
My plan is to go some time next month.

I'm a little rusty, maybe I need to practice in a less upscale establishment first...

I did this once at a steakhouse in fidi. I ate at capital grille and chatted up some guys. Though I hate the commute to ues it's probably the best place along with midtown and financial district.

I started off at a popular dive bar for solo outings. I got approached by some guys and felt comfortable enough to go to more high end places alone for dinner. I am the type that is fine to go out alone but I had to work on not keeping myself occupied by my phone.

"Originally Posted by PretteePlease

Homework assignment this wknd: OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES Here are your options

1. visit a golf course ask about lessons and have lunch in the clubhouse call first and get put up on the etiquette maybe walk the putting area and see what can be seen

2. go to the rich people park put on cute work out attire and power walk or jog run if you can, visit the rich Starbucks afterward

3. visit a tennis club inquire about a membership have lunch or a smoothie there

4. is there a croquet association or club in your area pay them a visit

5. is there a yacht club in your area call and ask if they host events for non members

6. visit an upscale gym with outrageous membership prices take a tour and ask if they have lunch facilities.

7. book a spa day at a private club.....sometimes they allow non members in the spa area

8. visit a vineyard in your area

Next wknd indoor activities from browndilocs list

Ok I'm almost through the thread. I already go to an upscale gym in NYC (equinox) and sometimes the spa there too. I live downtown so Am often near the parks and in the Starbucks.

The vineyard will be a challenge for me to do. I've always wanted to go to one. What about visiting distillery for alcohol? Idk if that could be of some use but it's on my list. I plan to visit one on Saturday.

Will look into the yacht clubs as well! That would be pretty cool to do. I love challenges. Keeps me in the game!

Hey girls

So I am kinda sad because I remember barbiesocialite mentioned knowing about fine whiskies in another similiar thread.

I want to know more about whiskey both for my own interests and for socializing in certian circles. I googled "whiskey tastings" and found something that fit what I was looking for to a T. Held on a yacht in San Francisco, the "World of Whiskey Expo" is held only once a year and sells out fast.

I'm thinking, it can't get any better than this right?

Well...I missed it! It was April 6 haha!

Anyway, posting my findings so that you ladies can find any whiskey shows in your area that hopefully attract the kinda men you want to meet. :)

Update!:

I'm totally going to Atlanta for the whiskey tasting. I love the art of drinking and whiskey is my favorite. Love things like this.

So my dresses came! I got the green dress and the blue and white tattoo dress. I love the fit/look of the tattoo dress. It comes to the top of my calves and is fitted but because of the design it kinda of camouflages my curves some. The green dress I like buy it's a tad but loose in the back on the back. I'm curious to see how the smaller size fits so I'm going to place another order. I'm a little disappointed in the material. I thought it was a sturdy structured material but its just jersey or something.

I might also place an order at Ann Taylor.

Back