How To Attract A Rich Man

DMV ladies! What are some good happy hours to go to (please don't say Park) to increase my chances of meeting such men?

Lol!! I need this answer also. Is Bobby Van's a good place(or at least a good place to practice)? They have a special on groupon today. Lol

Lol!! I need this answer also. Is Bobby Van's a good place(or at least a good place to practice)? They have a special on groupon today. Lol

As far as meeting men goes, I think you might want to stay away from groupon, sale, promo days. Remember you aren't the only that wants/needs a discount. Some people only go to certain places when its discounted, otherwise they normally cant afford it.

Remember that rich people generally prefer to be around other rich people. So you may find many of them at the best restaurants in the city. It's easier to fish in those ponds.

I am still tying to find good places in NYC. I go to events with lots of black males but tons of black women will be there as well. Trying to find events where its not swimming with black women

I am still tying to find good places in NYC. I go to events with lots of black males but tons of black women will be there as well. Trying to find events where its not swimming with black women

I don't think official events are the way to go for NYC, even DC to an extent. The best way to meet men in NYC is strategically placing yourself in daily life.

-Like choose the right places to eat lunch. Men like sandwiches, go to a sub shop in an business district or near wall st or something.
-Instead of happy hour. Eat at the bar of an upscale restaurant during business or dinner hours. A place where politicians or business assoc go for personal meetings. make yourself visible by sitting in a place patrons can see you as they walk in and out the restaurant.
-which way do you walk/get to and from work? take a route or subway line that business or rich men would need to take to get home or to work.
-where do you shop? stop by the men's department of an expensive dept. store or browse designer men's footwear store while you're out shopping for yourself.
-where do you get dinner? go to an grocery store in expensive neighborhood and look at the self-checkout or express lanes. go out of your way to get carryout from that same neighborhood
-do you excecise, workout or play sports? dont go to a women's store, go to a sports shop for gym and athletic gear
-rich or not, most single men under 35 do their own laundry. Choose the right laundromat (note: this point is for NYC only, everywhere else people have their own washers & dryers lol)

Last edited:
^^^Agreed. Just one thought. Wealthy men tend to have washer/dryers in their apartments. They also have housekeepers that stop by every few days & wash their clothes. So, try the cleaners & shoe repair shops in wealthy hoods. The guys may drop the clothes/shoes off themselves. They're usually alone & some are fineeeee. But, the shops will later do a courtesy drop off & leave them with the doorman in some cases.

Thanks barbiesocialite these are good tips. I think I am going to work on the sports on most of all..seeing as I can actually improve my shape at the same time :) I am looking into taking tennis lessons and getting more into tennis. Sad thing is my dad loves tennis and tried to teach me as a kid. Im going to get back on it. Also looking at where I work out..

Threads like this is why I keep paying my $7. Thank you to all the ladies for the advice, tips and real life examples, it makes me feel like I'm not alone and not a gold digger just for having standards and knowing what I want in a man. I've been on a journey to improve myself and this thread and the thread on femininity came right when I needed them so now I feel more prepared to go out there and get what I want. I don't have my car this weekend but for my homework I've decided to go to the meetings I see advertised in the real estate section ALONE, which is huge for me i never go cuz i never have any girlfriends that are interested, maybe not the first time home buyer ones but the investment property ones might have some UE men lol. I'm also gonna start going to my gym ALONE I always go with my bro but I can't expect any eligible bachelors to come up to me with a large buff black man hovering around lol they probably think he's my man

Threads like this is why I keep paying my $7. Thank you to all the ladies for the advice, tips and real life examples, it makes me feel like I'm not alone and not a gold digger just for having standards and knowing what I want in a man. I've been on a journey to improve myself and this thread and the thread on femininity came right when I needed them so now I feel more prepared to go out there and get what I want. I don't have my car this weekend but for my homework I've decided to go to the meetings I see advertised in the real estate section ALONE, which is huge for me i never go cuz i never have any girlfriends that are interested, maybe not the first time home buyer ones but the investment property ones might have some UE men lol. I'm also gonna start going to my gym ALONE I always go with my bro but I can't expect any eligible bachelors to come up to me with a large buff black man hovering around lol they probably think he's my man

Lmao! My fav male cousin and I hang out sometimes and it seems to have a weird effect on men. I think men judge other men by woman they're hanging out with and from there they'll try to approach. He's been asked many times by his friends if I was his gf and if not that they're interested :lol: of course he always ruins it by saying I'm his baby cousin even though we're only 5 yrs apart.

But yeah alone or with 1 friend is the best way to go when trying to meet men. This same cousin who is very extroverted, handsome, successful and fun has told me that he avoids large groups of women and that most men feel the same about that.

As far as meeting men goes, I think you might want to stay away from groupon, sale, promo days. Remember you aren't the only that wants/needs a discount. Some people only go to certain places when its discounted, otherwise they normally cant afford it.

Are you serious? :blush:

There goes my theater tickets that I just purchased on Groupon thinking I was doing something. :perplexed

Are you serious? :blush:

There goes my theater tickets that I just purchased on Groupon thinking I was doing something. :perplexed

this post made me chuckle :lol:

you should still go and enjoy yourself. every moment is an opportunity. that applies to life in general.:yep:

some moments are just more likely to be lucrative than others.:lol:

I'm leaving the grounds of the Houston Polo Association I missed all but the last 30 minutes of the event but I made the most of my time and met two lovely gentleman who invited me to a steak house afterward. I did have a girlfriend that invited me but I went off to the wine tasting tent alone and that's where I met him.

the Houston Museum Association was also holding a fundraiser at the event and we mix and mingle with that crowd as well very good contacts..

Attachments

• 20130519_185555.jpg
    20130519_185555.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 258
this post made me chuckle :lol:

you should still go and enjoy yourself. every moment is an opportunity. that applies to life in general.:yep:

some moments are just more likely to be lucrative than others.:lol:

Yup, you will still be able to speak about it in future conversations! No onehas to know the price you paid for the intel!

I'm leaving the grounds of the Houston Polo Association I missed all but the last 30 minutes of the event but I made the most of my time and met two lovely gentleman who invited me to a steak house afterward. I did have a girlfriend that invited me but I went off to the wine tasting tent alone and that's where I met him.

the Houston Museum Association was also holding a fundraiser at the event and we mix and mingle with that crowd as well very good contacts..

My only question is are you still driving our LE car brand? :auto:

No one answered my question, so I'll ask again.

Does anyone know anything about generation skipping trusts? My FH is worth a couple million, but the money is held in a generation skipping trust. I know that should we divorce, I wouldn't have access to the money. I want to make sure that my children will be able to inherit.

We've gone through a rough patch lately after finding out about fertility/genetic problems. I'm concerned that should we use donor sperm, his brother might try to challenge our children's right to the family estate. :perplexed.

Anyone have advice on how to handle this? Keeping IVF a secret from his family is not an option, as they already know about our fertility issues. I also don't want to refuse to sign the prenup, because I don't want them to think that I'm a gold digger.

nathansgirl1908

You went to the Triple Crown! I wanted to go :-( this was a bad weekend to even attempt to get away.

PretteePlease what is the dress code for this type of event?

PretteePlease what is the dress code for this type of event?
I saw everything from jeans to suits.

My dress code is the same for every event WEAR A DRESS AND HEELS
I had on a blue cap sleeve dress a green belt and nude wedges. Now I will say that the wedges were a good choice because I didn't sink into the grass like the other ladies but I had on super wedges next time I will wear 2in wedges.

There was the museum event had a hat contest but I crashed their party so I didn't know the dress code or I would have had on my fascinator!

You went to the Triple Crown! I wanted to go :-( this was a bad weekend to even attempt to get away.

Ummmm friend I'm going to need you to start inviting me to things :look: You have a husband and you are high pinky put me up on events!!!

My only question is are you still driving our LE car brand? :auto:

Girl yes I roll Snow White with pride.....she is not LE she is ME. Even Middle Echelon might be to low she might be Uber Echelon because Bill Gates had one :lachen: :driver:

Alright ladies. It's Monday and I don't have to go to work. What should I do?

I can have lunch downtown.

My suggestion would be early morning gym, downtown lunch, steak house dinner or happy hour.

***a note on happy hour PP barely drinks call or download the menu I'm only interested in happy hours that have food on the menu :look: :lick: lol that's why I'm big now****

Last edited:
I need new friends to hang with. Most of my friends are still in college and dress very... well not like how I like to dress. I feel like guys will look at how your friends dress like too. Pretty girls but not put together in a more mature look.
I want to go to south beach this weekend but i hate going to places like that alone

Homework assignment this wknd: OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES Here are your options

1. visit a golf course ask about lessons and have lunch in the clubhouse call first and get put up on the etiquette maybe walk the putting area and see what can be seen

2. go to the rich people park put on cute work out attire and power walk or jog run if you can, visit the rich Starbucks afterward :giggle:

3. visit a tennis club inquire about a membership have lunch or a smoothie there

4. is there a croquet association or club in your area pay them a visit

5. is there a yacht club in your area call and ask if they host events for non members :look:

6. visit an upscale gym with outrageous membership prices take a tour and ask if they have lunch facilities.

7. book a spa day at a private club.....sometimes they allow non members in the spa area

8. visit a vineyard in your area

Next wknd indoor activities from browndilocs list

Did anyone do the homework assignment this weeekend? Anyone have a report on how it went?

I need new friends to hang with. Most of my friends are still in college and dress very... well not like how I like to dress. I feel like guys will look at how your friends dress like too. Pretty girls but not put together in a more mature look.
I want to go to south beach this weekend but i hate going to places like that alone

Uhmmm you live in MIAMI?!?! Helloooo neighbor! *waves* Well sort of because I'm in Palm Beach. :)

Ok so I have my groupon Play on Friday (hehe) & I have this black tie Memorial Day cruise on Saturday. I also purchased this from Groupon *spank*. BUUUUT the regular ticket price is like $1800 for VIP or something. So shooooot, I think I did good! lololoo! My friends tryna come tag along & stuff. I told them this is SOLOOOO! :)

Where have I been and why did I miss this thread?!!!

Right up my alley!!! Starting from page one.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back