How To Attract A Rich Man

So I went to the concert alone and met some nice LADIES that have corporate/political men.....(in my Drake voice) Where your new friends at? :giggle:

Went to the after party that caters to the 30+ crowd............met a group of gents while I was standing/sitting alone. One part of the room was full of men but nobody spoke and I didn't feel like being friendly but now that I think of it the lady next to me had a bday and her girlfriends kept walking up hugging. I think I looked like I was part of the group. So I moved and that's when I met the 4guys all in suits all with above average sounding jobs.

So I met a guy while pretending I was registering for a membership at one of the golf clubs here. Now this guy said he has 2 businesses (which mind u he didn't elaborate on), he said he had property in Miami & Palm Beach (but then he said he lives in a condo). Guys, the general conversation was good but I was trying hard not to be soooo interested because I couldn't for the life of me tell if this guy had money or not. I didnt want to 'like' another average guy (my current weakness). I wanted to just come straight out & ask him, 'DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT MAKE 6 FIGURES?!" BOL!!! I know that's bad but I want to change the type of guys I date just once! Anyhoo, we are going on an official date this evening. Any pointers for me ladies?

I think it takes time to find out (tactfully) if a man is actually wealthy (if he doesn't have a "money" last name). However, I'm sure that there are signs that the LHCF ladies have picked up on and will share with us.
*taking notes*

You have it all wrong. The right prenup SECURES your worth.

That ^^^ is AWESOME! I was going to say that you have place the favorable clauses that make the prenup work for you, but you summed it up nicely.

I am such a rookie!!!

So I met a guy while pretending I was registering for a membership at one of the golf clubs here. Now this guy said he has 2 businesses (which mind u he didn't elaborate on), he said he had property in Miami & Palm Beach (but then he said he lives in a condo). Guys, the general conversation was good but I was trying hard not to be soooo interested because I couldn't for the life of me tell if this guy had money or not. I didnt want to 'like' another average guy (my current weakness). I wanted to just come straight out & ask him, 'DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT MAKE 6 FIGURES?!" BOL!!! I know that's bad but I want to change the type of guys I date just once! Anyhoo, we are going on an official date this evening. Any pointers for me ladies?

I want to outright admit that I'm not in the mood to do my hair & was leaning on wearing a boring bun. smh. Sigh... I have so much to learn. LOL

It's pretty easy to look up property records to see what/if he actually owns...I met a guy that claimed he owned a couple of NYC buildings..as I was not familiar with NYC at the time...I looked him up...I guess he sorta did by way of inheritance...his parents owned them..:lol:
Miami..had a bit of a property bust...he might owe more than on it than it's worth too....research..research...

So I just googled Honeywell's history to confirm and now I'm sure the guy I met tonight played a key role in jump starting the success of the Honeywell company many years ago. But the company was founded in 1906...not by him.

Another tip: Make sure the guy is clear & honest before you consider him as an option. I would have still loved to add him to my network (partner @ a top consulting firm for majority of his career) but the other guys @ the bar chatted me up & Mr. Honeywell Co went home.

These guys almost always carry biz cards...I'd ask for one, and offer mine in exchange...

So I'm trying to find dresses for Chicago. I need a dress that I can wear on the plane then to lunch then sightseeing then to happy hr. then I need a dress for Saturday when I have to go to a baby shower and I don't know if ill be changing before dinner. And of course I need a going out dress. So I need 3-4 new dresses.

These are just a few I was looking at. I live the ones that come to my knees. I think they will highlight my hourglass figure BUT are they too tight for this purpose?

If you guys have links if stuff please add or PM them to me. FYI I am on a budget so I can't spend a ton.

Attachments

• image-2456004185.jpg
    image-2456004185.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 310
lol well I kind of did the assignment. Went to an upscale type mexican joint where my school was having a party. I was a lone most of the night, but I didnt look very pleasant (hungry!). But still a few men came and chatted me up. They were mostly 5 years my senior at least and from what I could see they were dressed well. (but that kinda come with the territory of being alumni of the consortium) I was not fully trying to participate but I still feel I did ok.
I'll definitely do more next week. I'll be back in nc though where finding a well off black man who wants an educated black woman is a little slim. :look:

lol well I kind of did the assignment. Went to an upscale type mexican joint where my school was having a party. I was a lone most of the night, but I didnt look very pleasant (hungry!). But still a few men came and chatted me up. They were mostly 5 years my senior at least and from what I could see they were dressed well. (but that kinda come with the territory of being alumni of the consortium) I was not fully trying to participate but I still feel I did ok.
I'll definitely do more next week. I'll be back in nc though where finding a well off black man who wants an educated black woman is a little slim. :look:

I'm in NC to, where are you at? Do you know where the rich black men hang out? :lol:

I'm in NC to, where are you at? Do you know where the rich black men hang out? :lol:

Concord/harrisburg area. Nope last time Ive been in concord was during high school. So im totally out of touch. I know the entire area has wealth but I know for my generation at least it belongs to the parents.

I somewhat fit your same profile: 41,brown skinned, slender, not quite petite (5'5) with natural hair I typically blow out when I go out.

I have one child and don't plan on having anymore. I wonder if that would end up being a hinderance.

sunnydaze I'm >>>here<<< with you. I usually bun it and met my guy with it that way. I also have children and do not wish to have anymore UNLESS I can be a SAHM with a nanny. He's okay with that. :look:

They're out there. :yep:

What about those of us who don't have a high power job (i.e. attorney, doc, etc.) is there still hope :perplexed I still work and I work hard at my job...no slacker here just not some big amazing one like some of you ladies.

So I'm trying to find dresses for Chicago. I need a dress that I can wear on the plane then to lunch then sightseeing then to happy hr. then I need a dress for Saturday when I have to go to a baby shower and I don't know if ill be changing before dinner. And of course I need a going out dress. So I need 3-4 new dresses.

Get the green dress for the airport

What about those of us who don't have a high power job (i.e. attorney, doc, etc.) is there still hope :perplexed I still work and I work hard at my job...no slacker here just not some big amazing one like some of you ladies.

I have a very regular job and I attract menz

cami88 nadaa16

If you hang out in uptown Charlotte there are a lot of high powered bank employees and other wealthy men... Black men. Trust me.

Try Nana's or Deltas when they have larger events like greek night of urban league mixers. Also, join the YMCA. All of the who's who in Charlotte go to the Y, don't ask me why, smh.

I've met senior level execs, entrepreneurs, attorneys, a dentist, a Bobcat, 2 Panthers, and list goes on lol; but then again I live in uptown.

If you look the part as many of the ladies on this thread have already diss cussed, the men mentioned above will approach. The community of well of African-Americans is relatively small though so be careful who you entertain.

Happy hunting ladies :)

DMV ladies billionare Kevin plank CEO of under armour.

Company located in tide point.

Will probably be at Preakness ;)

I used to date the Director of Marketing for Under Armour... He was a douche, always name dropping.

Heads up to my Baltimore ladies, the former CEO for Medifast is a much easier target. He also prefers women of color.

When it comes to prenups, how can I make sure that my children are taken care of when the money is in a generation skipping trust?

Last edited:
I have been looking up steakhouses in Manhattan, may look some up in long island, too.
My plan is to go some time next month.

I'm a little rusty, maybe I need to practice in a less upscale establishment first...

. I'll be back in nc though where finding a well off black man who wants an educated black woman is a little slim. :look:

Not really.

NC ladies in the triangle area who are in school, go study at the UnC dental school library. I keep telling folks that's where the money is. Nobody listens.

cami88 nadaa16

If you hang out in uptown Charlotte there are a lot of high powered bank employees and other wealthy men... Black men. Trust me.

Try Nana's or Deltas when they have larger events like greek night of urban league mixers. Also, join the YMCA. All of the who's who in Charlotte go to the Y, don't ask me why, smh.

I've met senior level execs, entrepreneurs, attorneys, a dentist, a Bobcat, 2 Panthers, and list goes on lol; but then again I live in uptown.

If you look the part as many of the ladies on this thread have already diss cussed, the men mentioned above will approach. The community of well of African-Americans is relatively small though so be careful who you entertain.

Happy hunting ladies :)

I'll definitely try that. thanks!

Not really.

NC ladies in the triangle area who are in school, go study at the UnC dental school library. I keep telling folks that's where the money is. Nobody listens.

ooh yeah thats about a 2-3 hour drive from where I live. maybe when I go for a visit to one of my hs friends.

Get the green dress for the airport

Thanks @PretteePlease !! Do you think I can do the green all day? Airport, lunch, sightseeing, and happy hr?

Def the green or orange dress for the airport. Men love bright colors. I wore an orange dress almost identical to the one in the picture on my trip to Chicago. When I looked lost on the airport men were so eager to help me out! lol

Def the green or orange dress for the airport. Men love bright colors. I wore an orange dress almost identical to the one in the picture on my trip to Chicago. When I looked lost on the airport men were so eager to help me out! lol

Yea, I got the green one and the white and blue tattoo looking one.

DMV ladies! What are some good happy hours to go to (please don't say Park) to increase my chances of meeting such men?

Back