How To Attract A Rich Man

sooooooo, i was dating this guy, things are going well, great great great, he proposes, i accept :) and one day we're in his fancy drop top driving in harlem and we get on the topic of pre-nups, we end up in a nasty argument and that was pretty much the demise of us, i was young and screaming like FU and your pre-nup and etc

did the unthinakble and insulted his dick game so i know there was no coming back from that lol, i was very upset and just young and extra

he calls me one day out the blue two yrs later to tell me remember that energy company we were trying to buy, well we( him and his partners) bought it and I wanted to let you know since you were in my life at the time and helped me do this and blah blah, i responded great news (that mickey fickey wanted to rub it in my face-lame, smdh)

fast forward to dh, his parents would not give us the okay before me agreeing to sign one, so here I am again like hmmmmm, but this time around Im alot older and handled it much better, the terms are def worded the way i want, even though his family has a standard pre-nup for the wives smdh

I totally understand the reason for pre-nups, mofos wanna protect what they have, so do i, i came into my marriage with some coins and property my damn self- but I also dont want to walk away with nothing in the event that dh and i are no longer
anyhoo its signed and im good with the terms and etc
i didnt come into my marriage broke and (in the event)i wont be leaving broke.:look::grin:

Question:

Once you've found the right man and he's got the wealth and puts a ring on it- would you sign a prenup if he asked? I'm thinking of this hypothetically and even I'm torn on this.

Barbie you will get married- come on down to the South girl.

:kiss: you're probably right, I just need to get my mind right. One of my best friends just moved to Houston with her DH and I have family in NC & GA, think I might need to take a couple trips this summer :grin:

how are those brothers of yours???? :look::lachen:

barbiesocialite said:
:kiss: you're probably right, I just need to get my mind right. One of my best friends just moved to Houston with her DH and I have family in NC & GA, think I might need to take a couple trips this summer :grin:

Yes- try a change of scenery with some of our Southern gentlemen. Girl they are single and if you can make fufu you're in!

I think horseraces is a great place to met them. And for heaven sakes any technology conference.

I use to work for a brokerage firm and there was a guy that was loaded something he had millionz in stock and millionz in cash. He was super tight. He would cut his own hair and take the city bus! He always wore the same clothing, a button down the front white short sleeve uniform shirt and some blue work pants, mind you he didn't work.

Homework assignment this wknd: OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES Here are your options

1. visit a golf course ask about lessons and have lunch in the clubhouse call first and get put up on the etiquette maybe walk the putting area and see what can be seen

2. go to the rich people park put on cute work out attire and power walk or jog run if you can, visit the rich Starbucks afterward :giggle:

3. visit a tennis club inquire about a membership have lunch or a smoothie there

4. is there a croquet association or club in your area pay them a visit

5. is there a yacht club in your area call and ask if they host events for non members :look:

6. visit an upscale gym with outrageous membership prices take a tour and ask if they have lunch facilities.

7. book a spa day at a private club.....sometimes they allow non members in the spa area

8. visit a vineyard in your area

Next wknd indoor activities from browndilocs list

I am in my hometown this weekend for my nephew's graduation but I am definitely trying this when I get back home!

My sis and her best friend have me going them on a trip to Chicago so I can meet some men. And they keep saying I need to move to the south.

I think horseraces is a great place to met them. And for heaven sakes any technology conference.

I use to work for a brokerage firm and there was a guy that was loaded something he had millionz in stock and millionz in cash. He was super tight. He would cut his own hair and take the city bus! He always wore the same clothing, a button down the front white short sleeve uniform shirt and some blue work pants, mind you he didn't work.

good lord, Scrooge #2. these men have issues :lachen:

My sis and her best friend have me going them on a trip to Chicago so I can meet some men. And they keep saying I need to move to the south.

I have a strict rule I've adhered to since I first started dating @ age 14: I only date those from below the Mason Dixon. :yep:

I loved Chicago when I visited last year. Now if ever a woman wanted to meet a "UE" or "black elite" man to marry and build a life with, Chicago is def one of the best places for that. Funny thing is my homegirl from/in the Chi is engaged to a man in Dallas :look: not sure if thats relevant but it came to mind :lol:

But yea, I agree the South is where it's at. Now if only I could get a grip on my commitmentphobia I'd be in good shape. Hopefully, you dont have that problem tho lol

Last edited:
Actually, pretty far back in the thread, I was very supportive because a woman needs a good provider - not a struggling one. I never schemed to get any man...was just myself. Seriously, though...is character (you all and those men) of any concern? That's all the question was about.
Why wouldn't it be.

I mentioned things like, if he opens the door for you but slams it in the lady behind your face...that says something about who he really is: is he a pretend gentlemen or a real one?

If you're selectively reading, then you might omit these tidbits.

I also mentioned being your best self and not "playing" at who you are. Being real. I also mentioned that men like a brain.

It depends on what you want to read and how everything being said relates to you and what you want.

I also mentioned that I have to be in love to marry. Not sure where you're getting the scheming.

Everyone should position themselves well in life, at work, and in relationships. When I say position themselves I mean go after what you want and the type of person you want. This thread is about one portion of that, I'm sure a character thread will follow shortly.

I was tagged to this thread. I answered the question(s). The question is "How to Attract a Rich Man." Nowhere do I state my own relationship interests and I do not feel its my place to judge others reasons for entering into a relationship or marriage of any kind. No shade or judgment from me. Do you boo. Every woman deserves to opportunity to get what she wants, marry the man of her dreams, etcetera etcetera. Any way that I can help, I am sure to be of assistance.

Some women find charater of the utmost importance, and I do to. It's on the bottom of the totem pole for other women. Wheverevr character lies, character has nothing to do with one's socioeconmic status. There are crap rich men and crap poor men. So as far as this subject matter goes, assuming there is lack of investment in a man's character is simply a projection.

Thank you. That's what dating is for. This is not a Tyler Perry film: not everyone who is rich is bad and everyone who is poor and freshly out of jail is a good guy (had to add the jail part because of tp movies:lachen:).

But really :look: money can be a compliment or can corrupt, it depends on the person. Just as lack of money can lead to desperation and corruption...it depends on the person. At any rate the type of man and personality, as well as character traits is going to vary from person to person including ethics.

If you read my posts you'll see that I don't pretend to be anything to anyone, and I do weed out guys not just as "players" it's also about weeding out real men from little boys. And that to me is about character (doing what you say you will versus being all talk) and ethics combined with having his ish together which is always a good thing.

nadaa16 - At 20 and 21 I would be more focused on figuring out what is you want to do longer term and networks. Start putting together the vision and communicating it.

Are you in school? If so, attend some of the networking events and mixers at the graduate programs, particularly in law and medicine as the grads tend to be younger (they enter the programs straight out of undergrad) vs. business where average age at entry is 27-28. If you aren't in school yet or are on the fence - consider a school down south with great networks and graduate programs that has strong alumni networks.

I have a strict rule I've adhered to since I first started dating @ age 14: I only date those from below the Mason Dixon. :yep:

I loved Chicago when I visited last year. Now if ever a woman wanted to meet a "UE" or "black elite" man to marry and build a life with, Chicago is def one of the best places for that. Funny thing is my homegirl from/in the Chi is engaged to a man in Dallas :look: not sure if thats relevant but it came to mind :lol:

But yea, I agree the South is where it's at. Now if only I could get a grip on my commitmentphobia I'd be in good shape. Hopefully, you dont have that problem tho lol

I'm ready to commit. I just need to find someone I like enough to commit too.

In a year or so I can work from hm so maybe ill move for a year or two. I really really had it set in my mind to move hm to LA but lord knows dating if rough out there. Omg the stories my sis tells has my heart hurting.

Question:

Once you've found the right man and he's got the wealth and puts a ring on it- would you sign a prenup if he asked?

Yes, I would sign a prenup AFTER my attorney has reviewed it and revised it to my benefit. In many families it's deeply ingrained in boys & men that it's in the family's best interest if he draws up a prenup before marrying. They want to protect assets they've been building for generations, in some cases.

In some cases when the woman doesn't sign the prenup, the relationship ends (she complains he doesn't love or trust her) and he later marries the woman who agrees to sign the prenup.

Hm, I would say if the relationship devolves over a pre-nup (either party) that the relationship wasn't very strong.

nadaa16 - At 20 and 21 I would be more focused on figuring out what is you want to do longer term and networks. Start putting together the vision and communicating it.

Are you in school? If so, attend some of the networking events and mixers at the graduate programs, particularly in law and medicine as the grads tend to be younger (they enter the programs straight out of undergrad) vs. business where average age at entry is 27-28. If you aren't in school yet or are on the fence - consider a school down south with great networks and graduate programs that has strong alumni networks.

Yes I graduate undergrad sunday, and plan to go to medical school myself.
I'll be leaving Atlanta to go back to Concord. I'll have to try a little harder to find some locations to go to. thanks!

^^I disagree. If a wealthy man asks me to sign a prenup, I would. I'm a very practical and overly logical person. I always separate feelings from business decisions, so I would completely understand why he would request such an agreement. Because truth be told, if I had that kind of money, I too would be demanding a prenup. Divorce is real, and I like planning for future possibilities - call it disaster management and contingency planning :lol:.

I'd take advantage of the situation to get an agreement that would protect me well.

I'm additionally questioning the advice to do specific things you ordinarily don't do, such as donning certain types of makeup, procedures, clothing, taking up a sport you have no interest in or whatever it would be. Basically, putting on aires ...when you could take up something new to boost your own self first...get that straight first and you're broadening your horizons naturally. Carry on...don't mind me.

I don't think you are being a Debbie Downer. I think you are bring up very good points the thing about this thread for me is suggesting things to people that will broaden their horizons. Some people have never been exposed to things or people or they don't have the imagination to do it on their own. That's why I like this board. Women from the world over with different experiences who can put others "up on game". Nobody except a psycho is going to be out playing golf for hours on end if they don't like it. If they try new things they will hopefully find one that they like and stick with it and in the process expose themselves to wealthy men.

That being said I just met a man in the medical profession who was ear hustling at Walmart I was on the phone saying I needed someone to take me out he overheard pulled over his cart told me he would take me out and gave me his card. He recently moved here from NY :giggle: I hate when people talk to me and I'm looking a mess....So all the advice about how to look etc makes no difference when a man sees what he wants.

Hm, I would say if the relationship devolves over a pre-nup (either party) that the relationship wasn't very strong.

not sure I agree with this. Although I don't think a pre-nup would work for me, again, marriage is not about and shouldnt not be based on mere feelings or the notion of "being in love" with someone. there are other things tied to marriage and should be considered before entering into it. after all, marriage is not just a piece of paper it's a contractual agreement created for purpose of protecting familial and individual assets. however, it's true that if one person is for a pre-nup and the other is adamantly opposed as a couple they might not be on the same page to begin with....

At the same time, if a woman refuses to sign a pre-nup with a man she truly wanted to be with she may be prematurely shooting herself in the foot. Men have just as much right to protect their own interests as women do. If a pre-nup makes a man feel secure, so be it. If that's what he demands as a requirement to marriage he has every right to feel that way and should not have to compromise on it.

^^I disagree. If a wealthy man asks me to sign a prenup, I would. I'm a very practical and overly logical person. I always separate feelings from business decisions, so I would completely understand why he would request such an agreement. Because truth be told, if I had that kind of money, I too would be demanding a prenup. Divorce is real, and I like planning for future possibilities - call it disaster management and contingency planning :lol:.

I'd take advantage of the situation to get an agreement that would protect me well.

This I agree with :yep:

I'm going hm in July and my mom said I can have her golf clubs. We are the same height so they should fit. Now I need to figure out which golf club/course has the correct caliber of men. "Golf course with rich men" isn't really returning results in google. Jk lol

Yes I graduate undergrad sunday, and plan to go to medical school myself.
I'll be leaving Atlanta to go back to Concord. I'll have to try a little harder to find some locations to go to. thanks!
Congrats!! :grin:

Giiiiirl, find you one in grad school. Make sure you go to NMA (National Medical Association) events. Rotations and residency are a great time to lock it down. :lol: Or find a law school student - he'll start making money sooner.

I kid. Kinda. :look:

I'm going hm in July and my mom said I can have her golf clubs. We are the same height so they should fit. Now I need to figure out which golf club/course has the correct caliber of men. "Golf course with rich men" isn't really returning results in google. Jk lol
Any golf course in a middle/upper-middle class part of town will work although some are better than others. Golf isn't a cheap sport so the chances of hoodboogers being at the golf range are low.

That being said, if you want to increse your chances, go in the middle of the day/early evening. Retirees tend to be out before noon.

Last edited:
Any golf course will work - some are better than others. Golf isn't a cheap sport so the chances of hoodboogers being at the golf range are low.

That being said, if you want to increse your chances, go in the middle of the day/early evening. Retirees tend to be out before noon.

Ok! I can do middle of the day/early evening. But this means I need to find a course in Alexandria close to work.

Any golf course in a middle/upper-middle class part of town will work although some are better than others. Golf isn't a cheap sport so the chances of hoodboogers being at the golf range are low.

this. :yep:

even use of public golf courses and driving ranges can be costly. you have to pay for everything, even the balls......

I think women need to focus on developing their inner selves as well when it comes to attraction in general...focus on being more sensual, feminine, charming and light hearted. Learn how to draw people.

Last edited:
eventbrite.com type:networking, political etc in the search box with your city you will have a full calendar.

I'm going to salsa dancing with the Vietnamese Chamber of Commerce :bdance: :lachen:

Houston ladies Majic 102 is doing a free happy hour concert at Louisiana & Capitol on the plaza

No need to rush home! Happy hour is FREE on the plaza for the official weekend kick-off – Friday, May 17th at Jones Plaza.

Mark your calendar for the 2013 Majic Live After 5 concert dates.

5/17/13 Donell Jones and Raheem DeVaughn

:bdance: :club:

Last edited:
Back