How To Attract A Rich Man

I know you BarbieSocialite....I know you are not above judging folks! :lachen:Don't know if you saw my list on what to look for...I ain't naive :lol: I'm also in those UE threads gurl!

When someone asks, there sure is a lot of anger lolz. I mean, if folks are hustling, hey, don't apologize nor become defensive. In essence, working on getting his money but not working on self-improvement aside from the dating issue (which would automatically attract others naturally)...that's what first caught my eye. Are women looking for the long-haul or something temporary? What do they think would happen if a man were a fly on this wall (serious guys who want a wifie)? It's a question, shrugs. And I'll say it again....thought this was the continuation of the locked one one on how to choose better men...wealth was mentioned but somebody got it clanked.

you're right I'm not above judging folks. :lol: But as far as this thread goes, I simply dont care about others intentions nor am I concerned about grading their checklist. I'm here to answer the question(s).....

Define scheming. :rolleyes:

If by putting myself in places that would allow me to attract a man that would be supportive of me quitting my high paying job to start a business while he held it down for the two of us, or dressing in a way that was probably more suitable for my age bracket and what I'm trying to do, or being more consistent with my physical fitness and maintaing my shape, or by learning about topics that would allow me to converse with men and women that would make it possible for me to start a business is scheming.

Then yes. I am a schemer. :)

And you have to meet a man before you can investigate his character. Might as well investigate the character of a man who has the ability to contribute to some of your other goals.

Ruth schemed to get Boaz if this is the case. :lol:

I know you BarbieSocialite....I know you are not above judging folks! :lachen:Don't know if you saw my list on what to look for...I ain't naive :lol: I'm also in those UE threads gurl!

When someone asks, there sure is a lot of anger lolz. I mean, if folks are hustling, hey, don't apologize nor become defensive. In essence, working on getting his money but not working on self-improvement aside from the dating issue (which would automatically attract others naturally)...that's what first caught my eye. Are women looking for the long-haul or something temporary? What do they think would happen if a man were a fly on this wall (serious guys who want a wifie)? It's a question, shrugs. And I'll say it again....thought this was the continuation of the locked one one on how to choose better men...wealth was mentioned but somebody got it clanked.
You're making a lot of unnecessary assumptions and that is what people are reacting to. You can't walk up in a thread and imply people are trading poor character for high net-worth and expect people to be like "oh, welcome to the conversation Jane".

Actually, pretty far back in the thread, I was very supportive because a woman needs a good provider - not a struggling one. I never schemed to get any man...was just myself. Seriously, though...is character (you all and those men) of any concern? That's all the question was about.

I don't mean to be rude to you ladies but it seems if a woman is really trying to find a man that is wealthy, and the pickings are slim...she may eventually become so desperate for a wealthy man that she will settle with whatever character of wealthy man is out there which can lead to more harm than good.

I didn't think at all that the women in this thread would settle for a guy without looking at other factors just because he's rich. It's just helping us find how to get the ball rolling. Just as with dating period, you get to know people. Plenty of the posters above mentioned the different wealthy guys they dated but there were also reasons it didn't work out for some. They didn't stay with them just because they were rich. Men can be jerks no matter what status they have.

I also want to find a tall man. So if I start a thread asking where to meet tall guys then it doesn't mean that I don't care what kind of character he has. No matter how I dress or look I always feel like I'm being myself and I care how I'm represented. I can't just come out of the house with sweats, a holy t-shirt and a scarf and say accept me as I am and expect to find prince charming. It happens sometimes but hey, you know what I mean.

I really hope this thread doesn't get derailed because I enjoyed the advice given to me.

I believe in finding a man who can/will/wants to/is driven to/does make $$$$$$$$$.

I also understand that after a certain point or age, ain't nobody got time for getting with a man with "potential" and starting the sometimes painfully slow, frustrating task of building your wealth together- I get that.

Question:

Once you've found the right man and he's got the wealth and puts a ring on it- would you sign a prenup if he asked? I'm thinking of this hypothetically and even I'm torn on this.

you're right I'm not above judging folks. :lol: But as far as this thread goes, I simply dont care about others intentions nor am I concerned about grading their checklist. I'm here to answer the question(s).....
Exactly. You have to "live" with him...I don't...

I hope I didn't give the wrong sentiment in here. The only thing I'm really trying to say is instead of going to the album release party or all star game, try immersing yourself into an environment where the people are likely to have a little more depth. Perception is NOT reality, so be honest with yourself first. Start with you. Change your minsdet, change your environment.

And with that I'm out. Good luck ladies. :)

If we start talking about and giving examples of meeting heart of gold broke men..I'm out.

ti-laugh.gif

As stated in the OP, my definition of rich did not include numbers. I never said he had to be Bill Gates. Honestly, for a grown man 25+ those standards should be minimum/average. Hell, except for the credit and investments, I meet those standards.

Lmao. Stupid.

I don't believe in pre-nups just because marriage = one. Why prepare for a divorce while preparing for a marriage?
Fast forward 30 years - you and your DH/FH have created a legacy and your son is about to get married and he is inheriting some of your legacy. Do you encourage him to get a pre-nup?

I think depending on what he's bringing to the table and some of the clauses included I would consider it. Depending on what's included in the pre-nup, it might make him more conscious of his actions (e.g. infidelity clauses, allowances for years of marriage, shares in businesses etc.).

I believe in finding a man who can/will/wants to/is driven to/does make $$$$$$$$$.

I also understand that after a certain point or age, ain't nobody got time for getting with a man with "potential" and starting the sometimes painfully slow, frustrating task of building your wealth together- I get that.

Question:

Once you've found the right man and he's got the wealth and puts a ring on it- would you sign a prenup if he asked? I'm thinking of this hypothetically and even I'm torn on this.

ain't got time for that, which is why I said upthread that I know my limits. :lol: I'd rather take a pay cut and financially down grade before signing a pre-nup. but security in my marriage is something that is very important to me, personally. I fear divorce more than I fear never getting married...,

ain't got time for that, which is why I said upthread that I know my limits. :lol: I'd rather take a pay cut and financially down grade before signing a pre-nup. but security in my marriage is something that is very important to me, personally. I fear divorce more than I fear never getting married...,

I think more women fear the opposite, but that's another thread topic.

Pre-nups aren't romantic in any sense of the word, but I understand why they exist, particularly for the very wealthy, so I'd likely be ok with signing one as long as the terms made sense to me.

I think more women fear the opposite, but that's another thread topic.

Pre-nups aren't romantic in any sense of the word, but I understand why they exist, particularly for the very wealthy, so I'd likely be ok with signing one as long as the terms made sense to me.

ITA. I've noticed this IRL. Something I've been thinking about a lot lately. My relationship issues seem to be closer to that of most men's than women. Boy, my parents did a number on me! :look::lol: But you're def right that topic is for another thread......

This thread seems to be more about faking it to get at his money rather than seeking out a life mate that will be a very capable provider for your family. It is part of the marriage deal to provide/nurture but how many giving out advice on how to snag will divulge their plans to the guy? Or hope he doesn't catch on yet? Do you actually love the dood?

Nah, I think you have the wrong idea of what this thread is about. I am personally not marrying someone I don't love or do not have interest in, rich or poor. However, loving someone w/ money is what I prefer because I make a nice penny myself to the average man. IJS

Nah, I think you have the wrong idea of what this thread is about. I am personally not marrying someone I don't love or do not have interest in, rich or poor. However, loving someone w/ money is what I prefer because I make a nice penny myself to the average man. IJS

There were a few posts that seemed to take the focus off choosing a great mate who is very financially secure for just attracting anybody with money...which is one reason I raised the question. It's been a few days since I last posted in here. Like I said, it seemed different in the beginning. My bad for asking.

calliope said:

Question:

I would definitely sign a prenup but it would have to have provisions that would protect my interests as well as his. I would have a lawyer negotiate my rights very well and if he had a problem with making sure I'm well taken care of in the event of the unfortunate demise of our relationship, then he ain't for me :look: I understand that a prenup limits your chances of completely "taking him to the bank" in an unlimited manner, but as long as I'll be taken care of, and he's supportive of my intention to improve myself during the marriage (which would benefit us while were married but protect me in the event of the unfortunate demise of our relationship :look:) then that's not my goal anyway.

I'm not married, but even in my current relationship, I'm learning from SO and using him (in a good way :look: he's cool with it :look:) as a resource so if we broke up tomorrow, my heart might be sad but I'm still in better shape than before we met.

Question:

As far as a prenup...It depends on the situation and the terms of the agreement. Every prenump is not a bad deal.

Signing an iron clad prenup would mean that the woman has to be enterprising in terms of doing what you can while you can and making sure you are set up while the dude is married to you.

But again, all prenups ain't bad and if you are lucky enough to snag a man who has millions BEFORE he met you, yeah, you'll probably be signing that agreement unless you feel you can nab another millionaire who wants to marry you. Not to rain on parades here but lightening striking twice is quite rare (although it happens every blue moon lol).

There were a few posts that seemed to take the focus off choosing a great mate who is very financially secure for just attracting anybody with money...which is one reason I raised the question. It's been a few days since I last posted in here. Like I said, it seemed different in the beginning. My bad for asking.

Ahhh ok, I see. Just overlook those kind of posts. For the most part, this thread is pretty cool. Great advice from pretty cool women from what I can read. :)

I hope I didn't give the wrong sentiment in here. The only thing I'm really trying to say is instead of going to the album release party or all star game, try immersing yourself into an environment where the people are likely to have a little more depth. Perception is NOT reality, so be honest with yourself first. Start with you. Change your minsdet, change your environment.

And with that I'm out. Good luck ladies. :)

Amen!!!!!!!!!

So I saw mentioned upthread that these tips are mostly for women mid 30's early 40's since this is the group mostly getting married. But what about us early to mid 20's? I'm 21 going on 22 and some of this just seems to be out of my age group. Should I attend and hope someone will introduce me to their son? LOL

barbiesocialite said:

Barbie you will get married- come on down to the South girl.

So I saw mentioned upthread that these tips are mostly for women mid 30's early 40's since this is the group mostly getting married. But what about us early to mid 20's? I'm 21 going on 22 and some of this just seems to be out of my age group. Should I attend and hope someone will introduce me to their son? LOL

younger women can take advantage of the advice as well. Baroness Monica Von Neumann met and married her husband at 19 or 20. :yep:

Back