How often do you wash your hair?

How often do you wash your hair?

• Total voters
I work out just about every day, so I have to wash frequently -- at the very least, three to four times a week. I deep condition with Ojon Restorative treatment on Friday and wash it out after working out Saturday morning.

Sha76 said:
I was wondering am I the only hair wash-a-holic out there. I love to wash my hair. I wash it every other day. Right now, but trying to wean myself down to 2 times per week or every 3 days. It's hard work for me. I don't blow dry just air dry into a ponytail on most days. If I have a special function I need to go to I will flat iron it into place.

I do find washing it often helps keep the itchies gone and my scalp can breathe easier.

How often to you guys wash your hair?

Same for me. This gives me the most moisture and growth. My hair responds to water better than it does with any product i put in it. I try to do it just twice a week just as you said. sometimes i can. and sometimes i just cant wait. my hair itches very quickly!

I know this isn't about the subject but can anyone tell me exactly what texlaxed means and where do I find the henna and indigo that so many members swear by, I'd really appreciate it. And I'm really loving the site and all the great advice you all offer.

Texlaxing means to deliberately underprocess the hair using a relaxer to get a textured or semi relaxed look. The hair is not fully processed and depending on how long you leave it on you can keep a lot of your natural texture or go closer to straight.

As far as the indigo and henna, I dont use those so cant help with that. If you do a search for either Im sure threads will popup with more info.

Welcome to the boards
kiss1683 said:
I know this isn't about the subject but can anyone tell me exactly what texlaxed means and where do I find the henna and indigo that so many members swear by, I'd really appreciate it. And I'm really loving the site and all the great advice you all offer.

I wash and airdry 2x per week (sometimes 3x)- from there either wearing hair in a bun or I may use my Carusos. Have tried decreasing washes to 1x per week, but my scalp starts itching. I only lather once per wash.

Ive already posted in here but I changed my washing schedule to 3 times a week. I really wanted to start washing everyday but I know the water is not good here for one and we have a filter and my fine hair cant take all the manipulation. I really wanted everyday to work because I love washing my hair but oh well every other day will do for now. My NG thrives off of water it just the relaxed part takes a beating :eek:

When the weather is warm in Canada I can do it a minimum of 2x in seven days. While I am in cornrows till Christmas it is 1x week with deep conditioning under hooded dryer i.e. Cathy Howse. In the bitter winter, I will still wash once a week but am willing to stretch another week if necessary and I am under the weather. bonjour

I wash it once a week. I'd like to start hitting the gym, at that point I'd probably wash twice a week, probably a conditioner wash and wear it curly.

I wash once a week. Considering adding a conditioner wash in there as I plan to start working out. I am paranoid about overmanipulation and shampoo stripping my hair again. I am debating about washing it right now, because I tried to use some diluted keracare mixed with Elucence MB on Wed and my hair is so HARD right now. Thank God for Vatika oil, but I really want the setting lotion out of my hair.

Once per week. The products that I use along with the protective styling maintain it really well during this time, even when my hair sweats out from workout.

I'm washing once a week now; before I was washing 2-3 times a week but I found out that was too much maniuplation on my hair.

Once per week (pre-poo, poo and DC each time). But i am seriously considering adding in a co-wash mid-week.

Since I switched in June from biweekly to every week, the NG is out of control. Hopefully the co-washes will help with the NG dryness.

I don't know if there is a CW support thread or not, but can anyone recommend a good clarifying poo for the build-up that I keep hearing about?

Once to twice a week in the fall/winter, three times a week in the summertime.
Yea thats exactly what I do too. I always try to see if I can last more than 2 days over the summer and it just doesnt happen! :) My hair feels stiff and dry and breaks, and I start getting scared its going to fall out!

I cant believe to this day that I used to last a month without washing (while curling everyday), and that a lot of times I wouldnt even condition my hair if we didnt have any! I didnt even know what a deep conditioner was until I was halfway through highschool! :nono: Here I am my second year in college and this is the first year I have ever used a clarifying shampoo! I am so surprised that I still have hair to this day...

I wash once per week to once every week in a half. Washing my hair myself is such a hassle and can easily take the majority of the day and I am so busy I just cant get my hair done. If this were not the case, I probably wash twice per week also.

I actually wash with shampoo once a week. However,also co-wash or rinse my hair once a week also.

:nono:if you are familiar with MTG,

I am using it for the front of my hair to grow it back, but my scalp is starting to get flaky. Is that sulfur buildup? or is that what MTG is suppose to do? kill away bad skin cells to grow hair out?

PM ME PLEASE

Can i be trifiling for a moment and say that before LHCF I'd go months without washing my hair. OR I'd only wash after I relaxed :(

I wash weekly now, and for the most part - air dry with my hair pulled back into a phonybun.

:drunk: i' so happy you have gone to weekly, i can't picture going months

Back