How often do you wash your hair?

How often do you wash your hair?

• Total voters
:nono:if you are familiar with MTG,

I am using it for the front of my hair to grow it back, but my scalp is starting to get flaky. Is that sulfur buildup? or is that what MTG is suppose to do? kill away bad skin cells to grow hair out?

PM ME PLEASE

bumping for reply

I've done every routine at some point although I've never gone more than two weeks without washing my hair and that was long ago and far away. When I was using heat I'd wash once a week on saturday (rather the stylist did it). Honestly, and this is going to sound silly, I started washing my hair more frequently because my SO and I had a conversation about it. He asked me how many times a week I wash my hair. I mumbled a couple... He's white. He looked at me like I was crazy but didn't mean to. I mean he truly couldn't understand why I was washing my hair once a week. He didn't get why I didn't get my hair wet when I'm in the shower.
perplexed.gif
It made me feel funny.
ohwell.gif
So. I started washing like 3 times a week (always when he was spending the night - lol). As it turns out - my hair loved it so I kept it up. *shrugs* so it's worked out for me.That's an embarrassing story but that's how I came to the regimine I'm at now.Boy if someone wanted to black mail us we'd be in a heap of trouble as much as we tell on this board. LOL.

Wow, the first time I replied to this I voted for 1 time/week. Now I wash 3-4 times a week. Things have definitely changed...I can't even imagine going a week without washing now. Maybe I'll slow down a bit in winter though since I won't be sweating as much.

So whom is natural with 4a/b hair type and washing more than once a week?

I am wearing my hair in natural twists but to take them all down after just one week to wash and then re-twist would take so much time per week.

I would normally leave them in for 2 weeks and just cleanse my scalp but i do really want to wash my hair more often.

So whom is natural with 4a/b hair type and washing more than once a week?

I am wearing my hair in natural twists but to take them all down after just one week to wash and then re-twist would take so much time per week.

I would normally leave them in for 2 weeks and just cleanse my scalp but i do really want to wash my hair more often.

Well, I'm a 3c/4a/4b combo if that counts. I COwash and deep condition 2X a week. I mostly wear my hair in one single braid, a covered bun, or a bun held with hairsticks. When I wear twists I still COwash twice a week, but only DC one of those times.

I wash once a week as I try to use oil that are as pure as possible and easily as possible the hair just sucks it up without and residual on the scalp left after....while means that I can wash less often and still mositurise everyday(morning and night):yep:

Well, I'm a 3c/4a/4b combo if that counts. I COwash and deep condition 2X a week. I mostly wear my hair in one single braid, a covered bun, or a bun held with hairsticks. When I wear twists I still COwash twice a week, but only DC one of those times.

I'm a 3c/4a natural and as of lately I've been washing my hair every other day and it is thanking me for it. The moisture level in my hair has increased. I'm wearing a low puff as a daily style.

I'm a 3c/4a natural and as of lately I've been washing my hair every other day and it is thanking me for it. The moisture level in my hair has increased. I'm wearing a low puff as a daily style.

I agree, the moisture benefit is the best. It also helps my three textures get along with each other. :lachen: That makes the extra effort well worth the trouble. :)

Last edited:
i wash/deep condition once per week and co-wash once per week...if i feel like i need an extra co-wash cause of the itchies i do it.

co-washing nd wearing baggies has helped my hair a great deal:grin:

I'm supposed to be washing every two weeks. But with the recent shedding and breakage I've been getting, I'm going to be washing once a week so I can do protein treatments until it stops.

I Love washing my hair too. I wash mine maybe 2-3 times a week. My sister thinks I am crazy for doing so. She thinks I am one of those obsessive complosive people who people. But, only I know the true benefits of keeping a clean scalp. I keep my hair from drying out by deep conditioning it each and every time.

www.fotki.com/chavascandy

Last edited:
I'm supposed to be washing every two weeks. But with the recent shedding and breakage I've been getting, I'm going to be washing once a week so I can do protein treatments until it stops.

Used to be every three to four days. My shedding/breakage episode has caused me to try a weekly shampoo instead {I'm craving a shampoo right now!} with a deep conditioner afterward. I now apply a leave-in daily with a light ends oiling. I'll clarify poo tomorrow, Aphogee 2 minute reconstructer then a light protein/deep moisture conditioner. It'll be a slow go to see if any hair loss happens after any of the steps.

I wash/dc mine once on the weekend and use heat to straighten it. But it gets too oily and starts shedding halfway thru the week. So I think I'll benefit from washing it once during the week too but I better not use heat...After reading here, I think I'll try the co-wash or just rinse it once during the week and let it air dry in a ponytail.

Babychoc, any tips on keeping it from breaking when using heat? I rollerset but have to use flat iron to straighten my roots. Thanks

Back