How often do you change your regimen?

• Rarely, my regimen is pretty much the same as when I started

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • Occasionally, if my hair is having problems

Votes: 52 52.5%
  • Often, there's always something better waiting

Votes: 19 19.2%

• Total voters
I tweak my products and regimen based on the season. Product change but the basic regimen stays the same

Winter: More halfwigs (they double as hats :)). Longer relaxer stretching. Less shampoo.
Spring/summer: More co-washing and deep conditioning

Regimen changes with hair style and schedule. So.... it's random and unpredictable. Like everything else in my life. I kinda like that.
Technique never changes though.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

i change my regimen fairly often. i am constantly tweeking it until i can get that right combo

I change it not so often. It's not so much my hair having problems that prompts it...this year it has been my laziness that chooses. I can't be bothered to wash so often! So I have a clarifying treatment every 2 months! I'm now using Bentonite clay for this instead of just baking soda and conditioner.
I try new product once in a while but no new purchases for me until June earliest....save money for better things!

I change it occasionly, if I have problems with the current one.
A few months ago I started shampooing again as CO washing alone wasn't working very well.
I'm planning to add more protein treatments into it now some of my hair is bleached.

RainbowCurls I love that eye look on ur avatar...do u mind me asking what color & brand that is on your lids... Sorry to be off topic:look:

Sent from my iPhone4 using LHCF

Regimen sounds very regimented and I tend to go with the flow vis a vis hair. I have a bag of tricks and techniques that I've learned over the years and I mix and match them depending on what's needed.

Since starting my regimen Dec 2005. I have stayed with it because my hair is growing and is healthy. I do not see myself changing my regimen in the future either because it's working for me. :)

Right. Consistency brings about results. :yep:

i think re assessing every once in a while is good, just to check how things are going.

i recently added henna (and indigo) to my reggie too. (i'm in love with it now!)

this means when i re assess, i also keep my mind and eyes open to what's out there.

i also find that my hair's growth has edged me into being more flexible.

the longer my hair gets, the more i have to be careful of detangling well. it's strange but it just didn't seem to tangle as easily at shorter lengths.

it's like i have to be even more careful with my hair as it grows longer....it's a greater responsibility. (keeping it from getting caught on purse straps, etc....)

hhj ladies!

My regimen is pretty much the same since I started. I don't want to change it up too much because this regimen has worked very well and trying alot of new things could leave me susceptible to setbacks. The only way I would consider changing my regimen is if I notice Im not gaining length and/or there's damage.

Back