Votes: 1 0.6%
  • i dont use it anymore too much protien

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • i never used it

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rapunzel*

well for me since last monday i had to use 2 packs. my hair is too thick and i part my hair in fours and i apply to 4 sections from root to tip. my hair is neck length stretched. is this too much?

why do you have to use 2 packs if you have NL hair ? Do you use it on dry hair ?

eta: i realised i didnt answer your question .. i use maybe about 3/4 of a pack .. and sometimes that may even be too much

Last edited:
LOL I read what you said about this in your other thread. I use one and I also have really thick hair. I usually add a little coconut oil or honey so maybe that stretches it.

I would say that you're using too much. It doesn't take much for it to work. I used to use the pack until I was in between shoulder and APL and then I discovered the bottle. When I was using the pack I used a pack cause I have thick hair, but I didn't really need that much.

Maybe you should either invest in a bottle
Or like straightlovely said, mix it with something else. When I used it I mixed it with castor oil.

why do you have to use 2 packs if you have NL hair ? Do you use it on dry hair ?

eta: i realised i didnt answer your question .. i use maybe about 3/4 of a pack .. and sometimes that may even be too much
my hair is really thick and i like to use it from root to tip

are u relaxed. when i was relaxed i only needed to use one

LOL I read what you said about this in your other thread. I use one and I also have really thick hair. I usually add a little coconut oil or honey so maybe that stretches it.
what about olive oil i dont have coconut oil i cant find it anywhere i hope im not using too much

I would say that you're using too much. It doesn't take much for it to work. I used to use the pack until I was in between shoulder and APL and then I discovered the bottle. When I was using the pack I used a pack cause I have thick hair, but I didn't really need that much.
ok so now i know im using too much im going to use one pack tonight because i was too busy to wash my hair last night

You're using 2 packs of ORS on the hair in your pic? I am sorry but I think one pack should suffice.

I use two packs but I am really heavy handed with all product. I am trying to learn to cut back with the recession and all :ohwell:.

no this was last monday i just cowashed my hair yesterday in that pic

Oh, I see. I wish I hadn't come in this thread, now I am about to go and buy some more ORS packs when I still haven't used all of my Alter Ego conditioner. :perplexed

I thought I had my PJ habit beat. :lachen::lachen:

One pack is more than enough for me on 80% dried hair. I get the best results when my hair is a bit damp for some reason. Good luck!

my hair is really thick and i like to use it from root to tip

are u relaxed. when i was relaxed i only needed to use one

yes im relaxed, but if the hair in your siggie indicates the length you are now then i dunno what to say.. I cant imagine you having to use so much product .. when i was natural and had past shoulder length hair (mad thick too) i still didn't need that much product ... maybe it is how im applying it I guess

Last edited:
with the length that you are at right now, I think one is enough. One pack convrs 75% of my hair and I open another pack to use a little bit from that.

One pack is all I need if that. I have 6 inches of natural hair and 4-5 inches of relaxed hair. I now use the bottles.

Lately I have been using half of my packs. In the past when I tried to use the entire pack, it would be too much. I felt like I was over doing it.

I use one on damp or wet hair.

I find that when I do it on dry hair I need to either mix it with EVOO or use a pack and a half.

Oh, I see. I wish I hadn't come in this thread, now I am about to go and buy some more ORS packs when I still haven't used all of my Alter Ego conditioner. :perplexed

I thought I had my PJ habit beat. :lachen::lachen:
lmao im trying to not be a pj i have enough conditioner to last me until september
i must confess i was on the buy nothing for july challange and i brought some clips yesterday:lachen:
dont tell nobody though:look:

yes im relaxed, but if the hair in your siggie indicates the length you are now then i dunno what to say.. I cant imagine you having to use so much product .. when i was natural and had past shoulder length hair (mad thick too) i still didn't need that much product ... maybe it is how im applying it I guess
yes i think im over doing it now and want a really thick lather on my hair like with conditioners like vo5 im going to stop though. i sont want any set backs especially since i barely have hair:rofl:

with the length that you are at right now, I think one is enough. One pack convrs 75% of my hair and I open another pack to use a little bit from that.
ok and ur hair is 3 times my length im gonna stop over doing it

thanks ladies that replied your highly appreciated :yep:

well for me since last monday i had to use 2 packs. my hair is too thick and i part my hair in fours and i apply to 4 sections from root to tip. my hair is neck length stretched. is this too much?

It seems like that may be a tad bit too much for NL hair. My hair is natural also, and I use 1 pack and add 1-2 T each of olive oil, honey, and Kenra MC. This comes out to be a cup of conditioner. I section into 5 sections. My hair is MBL, and I'm just now beginning to need more than one cup.

I agree that the bottles are a better deal.

ETA: If I used the pack without adding anything, I'm sure I would use 3 packs, because I definitely need a cup of conditioner.

Last edited:
I use two packs. I either part my hair down the middle or part it from ear to ear and use a pack on each side. I'm going to start purchasing the bottle.

Back