How did I not know this by now?!?!

wofford16

This past weekend a good friend of mine and his wife came in town for his birthday. He asked me while they were here could we all get together for dinner or something and of course DH thought it would be a good idea since he has never actually met my friend before and I have never actually met my friends wife either.

Well when my friend finally calls he said that another friend of ours got us V.I.P. at the local club and that is where we were going that night...WHYYYYY did DH attitude change all of a sudden. He straight went Diva on me...I don't have anything to wear, I can't get ready that quick, I don't know this dude and what if something goes down, yada, yada, yada... I was getting pissed because he was coming up with all of these excuses why we shouldn't go and he was taking FOREVER to get dressed.

Finally after his 4th wardrobe change he tells me to just go by myself and now I am really pissed because we are late. At this point I am thinking to myself that I will leave your Diva A** and then finally he decides he is going after all. We don't talk the whole time to the hotel to pick up my friend and his wife and we barely talk on the ride to the club.

We get to the club and it is PACKED, I mean everyone and their momma is in there, V.I.P. is SWEET and the music is banging. Now mind you DH and I have never been to the club TOGETHER ever... so I try to make peace with him so we can enjoy ourself and say come on baby let's go dance and he tells me he can't dance...:blush:

OHHHHH...now I get it, he didn't want to go to the club because he doesn't dance. Yes I have seen him dance a little around the house but I thought he was being silly with me or the girls but no my wonderful, courageous, macho husband does not dance. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Why did he not tell me before this moment you ask (because I did) he said he knows how much I love dancing and didn't want me to be disappointed or embarrassed...WOW I LOVE THIS MAN!!!

Very cure story. My DH can't dance either. He is a preacher's kid, so he dances like he is shouting (no matter the genre of music). It is absolutely hilarious! I just use him on the dance floor to make myself look better. Sometimes, that is the best I can do.

Y'all didn't dance at your wedding?

He could have got up and done whatever jig he does around the house and he would have looked just as good as about 80% of the folks at the club anyway :lol:

Very cure story. My DH can't dance either. He is a preacher's kid, so he dances like he is shouting (no matter the genre of music). It is absolutely hilarious! I just use him on the dance floor to make myself look better. Sometimes, that is the best I can do.
That's cute & hilarious2...I got a visual.:grin:

That is too cute! My DH doesn't dance, either (at least not seriously). :nono: Before we got married we hardly ever went out together, because I love to go out and dance and he won't dance (in public :giggle:).

Y'all didn't dance at your wedding?

He could have got up and done whatever jig he does around the house and he would have looked just as good as about 80% of the folks at the club anyway :lol:

No, unfortunately we didn't get a chance to dance at our wedding because there was a tornado the day before our wedding and the power was out at the reception hall so we basically ate our meal and bounced because it was 900 degrees up in that joint :lachen:

He wanted to dance so bad... I could see it in his eye's, everytime a song came on that he liked he would think about it and then change his mind. I think if he was drinking a little more he would have done it :yep:

Awww, that's cute. I can't dance worth anything, but I think SO can. He disagrees and says he's not that good. But what he lacks in skill, he makes up for in courage and attention getting moves. I remember he went down the soul train at my graduation party by walking on his hands. I just grabbed a friend and ran. :lachen:

My DH can't dance:nono: I saw him dance once way back when with a couple dranks in him and once in a while he'll dance with Caleb who immediately gives his daddy the side eye:rofl: I've asked him to stop subjecting our son to his odd interpretation of dance but he insists. It's too funny because Caleb loves to dance and will dance with me and Kayla but let Angel or DH try and they boy just freezes and stares with his Baby Lewis side eye:dead:

I don't know if I can dance or not. I can keep up with my workout DVD's and all but as far as in public it's never been done sober and even then it's only been dirty dancing back before I got saved:look:

No, unfortunately we didn't get a chance to dance at our wedding because there was a tornado the day before our wedding and the power was out at the reception hall so we basically ate our meal and bounced because it was 900 degrees up in that joint :lachen:

He wanted to dance so bad... I could see it in his eye's, everytime a song came on that he liked he would think about it and then change his mind. I think if he was drinking a little more he would have done it :yep:

The bolded makes him even more endearing :yep:

That's cute and funny. So what was he doing for the rest of the evening? Was he even bopping his head to the music?

just teach him the basic side to side two step. i'm a firm believer that once you learn the two step you can fake it on the dance floor.

OP, at least he admitted it. My man swears he can dance, and God bless him he tries, but um...uh uh! I still love him though.

That's cute and funny. So what was he doing for the rest of the evening? Was he even bopping his head to the music?

Yeah, he would bop his and and wave his hands or whatever guys do when the feeling hit him. A couple of times I would stand in front of him and dance a little to try and make it look not so obvious :lachen:

just teach him the basic side to side two step. i'm a firm believer that once you learn the two step you can fake it on the dance floor.

He does know how to do that which he proudly showed me when we got home but I guess he was too nervous to actually do it at the club...then this dear man of mine had the nerve to say I had fun we should go out more often :perplexed

OP, at least he admitted it. My man swears he can dance, and God bless him he tries, but um...uh uh! I still love him though.

I think he could if he put any effort into it, I guess now I know why he always wants to go shoot pool or the sports bar when we have date night...anything that doesn't require us dancing together.

Back