HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Hey Ladies....I just finished up a Hydratherma Naturals Oil. I love that Oil.

I have another bottle, but will rotate back to some of my other pre-mixed oils like Hairveda's Cocosta and HV's Avsoya Oil. Also I have the Safflower Oil from Bear Fruit Hair and Claudie Garden Hair Oil & *Claudie's Scalp Exlir. (contains sulfur).

I will also use JBCO. Most of these are all for Daily Sealing except the Scalp Exlir.

The Wheat Germ, Kukui Nut, Soybean, Burdock Root Oil w/Ceramides are all for HOTS & Rinses.

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Did an overnight HOT with grapeseed oil, rinsed this morning, then followed with a cowash. Sealed with Komaza's Moku Hair Serum. Will be doing a scalp massage with Claudie's Scalp Elixir in a bit.

I'm going to do an oil rinse tonight with my omega 3 oil mix before I cowash with l'oreal hydrating for dry/damaged hair with royal jelly complex. My ends are acting up again.:rolleyes:

Oiled my ends with camellia oil......

Happy hair Growing!

Oiled my ends with camellia oil......
Happy hair Growing!

You have a Wonderful Oil Collection:lick:

I looked at this one a while ago, but never made the purchase.

You have a Wonderful Oil Collection:lick:

I looked at this one a while ago, but never made the purchase.

Thank you! Its good as a carrier oil and pre poo too..lite but not runny..

Happy Hair Growing!

YAY!

Alright, let's see. I've got some:
Olive Oil
Grapeseed Oil
Castor Oil
Coconut Oil

I think that's about it. I'll probably use the oilve/castor for oil rinses. Grapeseed/Coconut for prepooing.

YAY!

Alright, let's see. I've got some:
Olive Oil
Grapeseed Oil
Castor Oil
Coconut Oil

I think that's about it. I'll probably use the oilve/castor for oil rinses. Grapeseed/Coconut for prepooing.

Sounds Good & Welcome!:grin:

Hey HOT girls!

I remember when I used to spray water on my strands before applying the oil on unwashed hair, the HOT results were much better. I think the water is a conduit for better penetration as opposed to merely coating. I wouldn't spray to drench it, but simply to mist. And when heated, the mist helps draw moisture. I need to return to that technique.

Oiled & massaged my scalp last night with Jane carter Nourishing Oil :lick:
I love this oil. I only have a few uses left, and I am on the no buy challenge :sad:

I have grapeseed oil in now for a HOT. I'm thinking about breaking out the steamer too to give that a try.

I have grapeseed oil in now for a HOT. I'm thinking about breaking out the steamer too to give that a try.

Imma try this too!:grin:

Hey HOT girls!

I remember when I used to spray water on my strands before applying the oil on unwashed hair, the HOT results were much better. I think the water is a conduit for better penetration as opposed to merely coating. I wouldn't spray to drench it, but simply to mist. And when heated, the mist helps draw moisture. I need to return to that technique.

Wonder if the Steamer will do the same thing? Imma hafta' try both techniques out.:lick:

Co-signing with Lady Esq... I try to always HOT on at least damp hair. I definitely will try steaming, that sounds yummy.

I oiled my scalp with castor oil/hemp oil/sulfur mix. Moisturized then sealed with grapeseed oil.

I just rubbed on some Hairveda Avsoya Oil & a little JBCO.

Pre poo my bang JBCO mix/on length christine gant herbal oil/Dc,rinse/sealed with Hemp seed oil Combo..Very soft,smooth hair...

Happy Hair Growing!

Herb infused oil rinse: (herbs: henna, amla, brahmi, maka, fenugreek, hibiscus; oils: coconut, castor, mustard). Final apple cider vinegar rinse. Applied eco custard and made bantu knots.

Last edited:

Oiled my scalp with JC Scalp Nourishing serum. Put my mix if JBCO, Grape Seed oil, Ylang Ylang and Cedarwood Oil. I am baggying overnight, and won't wash out the oils in the morning.

will be washing tonight and doing an Aphogee 2 min DC (may mix a bit of BFH mango mcadamia mask in it ) then a sunflower HOT.

wondering if I should

wash
HOT
DC

or

wash
DC
HOT

not sure if it was posted earler but is there a "best practice" sequence?

will be washing tonight and doing an Aphogee 2 min DC (may mix a bit of BFH mango mcadamia mask in it ) then a sunflower HOT.

wondering if I should

wash
HOT
DC

or

wash
DC
HOT

I actually HOT, wash, dc. But for detangling purposes I know some folks wash, HOT, dc.

thanks so much

I will probably wash on Friday or Saturday. I just bought some Jojoba oil and rosemarry essential. The coconut oil is excellent for detangling and keeping the ends moist. I use it at night when I braid my hair. I have a lot of new growth now! Waiting on my sulfur to arrive!!

I actually HOT, wash, dc. But for detangling purposes I know some folks wash, HOT, dc.

This is what I do.:grin:

HOT, Co-Wash (or Co-Cleanse), DC'er.:yep:

btw: Just moisturized and sealed with JBCO.

Happy Hair Growing!

I wash, dc and sealed with ceramides mixture.

wondering if I should

wash
HOT
DC

or

wash
DC
HOT

When I was relaxed I did it either way you mentioned but now I'm natural I get better results when I do my HOT before I wash.

I'm going to do my HOT/prepoo tonight using my mix.
I will try the method mentioned where you mist your hair with water and see how that goes.

Last edited:

I seal daily with Komaza's Moku Serum. I also did a scalp massage with Claudie's about 2 hours ago.

I'm not in this challenge but you ladies inspired me: So today I did a HOT on dry hair using Olive Oil and DB Juicy Peach Kernel (I know not as sexy as you ladies' recipes).:ohwell: After I washed with Giovanni smooth as silk, DC'ed with SSI Banana Brulee, and applied SSI Coco-Creme Leave In.

My hair feels really good. Haven't done a hot since college, I'm gonna try to do it now twice a month. :yep:

Back