HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

I've been doing the oil cleansing method on my face for the last few days. I think this is a keeper for me. I use 50/50 castor oil and grapeseed oil. I had a few pimples (time of the month) and they were drastically reduced by the next day and gone the day after.

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

I've been doing the oil cleansing method on my face for the last few days. I think this is a keeper for me. I use 50/50 castor oil and grapeseed oil. I had a few pimples (time of the month) and they were drastically reduced by the next day and gone the day after.

thanks for the feedback baglady215!:yep:

i'm so glad it's working well for you,too!:grin:

i'm going to start trying it tonight.

has anyone tried it with the lemon juice as a tonic/refresher?
i plan to do that.
evoo, wipe clean, then lemon juice.

i just want to again thank you for strting this thread, IDareT!

just being in this reminds me to constantly do those oil rinses, when last year, i'd always forget even though i know how much good they do!

this accountability really helps!

all week, i've remarkably remembered to always do an evoo rinse when i'm in the shower and my hair is so much softer and less tangled for it!

hhj ladies!

Thanks Grow.:huggle:

It really does help. Like You, I started out last year tryna' do them on a Regular, but didn't stick with it (like I should have:ohwell:).

This thread is helping me stay on point and my hair is loving it.:grin:

Just bought myself some unrefined coconut oil. I remember why I love this stuff so much. Used it for a pre-shampoo treatment last night and my hair already feels much better. Time to go wash my hair. :)

Last night I sprayed my hair with AVJ, and sealed with a mix of Amla, avocado, and grapeseed oil. It leaves my hair soft but I can't stand the smell of the amla oil. I am not sure if I will repurchase it when it's done, or only use grapeseed oil. After I washed and conditioned my hair, I rubbed some EVCO and its now air drying. My hair feels amazing!

HOTS/Oil Rinse with my growth oil...

It's been a couple weeks since I've been able to give my hair some tlc. I finished off my DC session with an oil rinse with EVCO/EVOO/AVJ mix. Also used Hot Six Oil for sealing.

Just sealed with Hairveda's Cocosta Oil.:lick:

Won't replace this wonderful smelling oil tho' (unless it's on a really good sale:look:) Will just stick with JBCO.:perplexed I will replace Hairveda's Avsoya Oil.

And you Ladies are absolutely right! The Oil Rinse after the DC Session is thebomb.com:grin:

I was going to do an oil rinse this morning before I left for work,so I applied my omega 3 oil blend(cold pressed olive,avocado and flaxseed oils) to dry hair,as well as dabbing a bit of Bee Mine sulfur serum on the parts between my cornrows.I covered my hair with a plastic cap.Weeeellllll,I forgot about it,and didn't feel like going directly outside with wet hair,so I didn't rinse it out when I showered.:look:
I tied a thin scarf over the cap,and am wearing my black wool beret over it. Make-up is looking good today to distract.:lol:
I'll rinse it out tonight and maybe do a homemade steam treatment with some aphogee 2 minute. I don't know about the steam,because I'm lazy today.:perplexed. I'll definitely rinse the oils out tonight though.

Sealed with Sweet Almond Oil yesterday. This stuff is so light but too much can be really "oily".

Today, I went back to my Castor Oil because its 19 degrees here and my hair was feeling a bit crispy. Nothing can coat my strands like some Castor oil.

Checking in...On Saturday I Pre poo with jojoba & aloe vera oil..DC/Sealed with Argan & Emu oil....Soft hair & smooth ends...

*My computer was out for 2 days....

Happy Hair Growing!

Massaged my scalp with JC Scalp Nourishing Serum

Tuesday, wash and applied Hydratherma hair growth oil.

I have been wearing bantu knots that were sealed with coconut/almond oil for 5 days. I moisturized for the first time today with rose water, infusium 23 and castor oil. The coconut/almond blend and bantu knots held moisture and hair is soft. I will do a twist out tomorrow.

Applied Hydratherma Naturals Hair Lotion & Sealed with HTN Hair Oil

Poking my head in...

I think I'm going to try my first oil rinse tonight. I'll be using JBCO, Coconut, Amla and Olive. After reading a couple of post from Sareca's thread I'm feeling motivated!

Going to moisturize then seal with my ceramide HOT mix.

Tonight I'm going to HOT on wet hair. Wanna see if I can tell the difference since I normally HOT on dry hair. I'll unbraid a few braids to see.

Oiled my scalp last night with JC Scalp nourishing serum. I only have one use left, then I will use the red pimento oil(hate the smell)

Oiled my scalp last night with JC Scalp nourishing serum. I only have one use left, then I will use the red pimento oil(hate the smell)

That's Great Lo!:grin: You've almost used something up!

That's Exciting!:lol:

argan oil was delivered today ... I think I will co-wash tonight and use it to seal ends :look:

Will Spritz on some Hydratherma Follicle Booster, apply a little HTN Lotion and Seal with HTN Oil.

That's Great Lo!:grin: You've almost used something up!

That's Exciting!:lol:

Oh yes! The no buy challenge has helped keep me in check! I haven't finished a product in years! LOL I either get tired of my stash and throw a bunch of things away, or give away my products. It feels good to actually use the products and see how my hair really like them. This serum will def. be a repurchase.

Oh yes! The no buy challenge has helped keep me in check! I haven't finished a product in years! LOL I either get tired of my stash and throw a bunch of things away, or give away my products. It feels good to actually use the products and see how my hair really like them. This serum will def. be a repurchase.

Word.:werd: I know what you mean.

Sealed with grapeseed oil. My hair feels so soft!

mixed my growth oil in with my DC tonight

Braided my hair tonight using coconut oil and a blend of avocado, castor and EVOO, plus my sulfur scalp treatment. Ordered my MSM capsules the other day. I am gonna grow long and strong this year!!!

for the past week i keep forgetting to use my oil:nono:
but tonight i will saturate my hair in evoo and then rinse and co wash in the morning.

Last night I wet my hair used komaza curl coconut moisturizer/applied Soy Butter on length sealed with Argan-Meadowform oil seed mix...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

For anyone interested, here is an excellent website to buy oils at wholesale prices. I've used them before and their service is excellent. I'm placing a new order for grape seed oil and i'm not sure I can find better than $35 for 1 gallon of oil:grin:

NDA Wholesale Grapeseed Carrier Oil

Last edited:
Back