HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

I want to join. I think this would go well with the other challenges.

I will be doing hot oil treatments with wheat germ oil and safflower oil. When/if I seal I use hot six oil.

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

I used my new HOT mix today.

I went a lil overboard on how much I added and had the drippies bad. I only let it sit on for like 20-30min. My hair had been a bun so parts of it was still damp and it felt like nothing was absorbing so I kept adding oil.

I'll have to give this mix another shot next week.

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

The Wonderful Ms. B sent me a bottle of Safflower Oil, so I will be incorporating this oil into my Regimen.

Prolly more of a Sealant than for a HOT tho'.:yep:

OKAY: All You Strong Roots Pimento Oil Users ------ Give me Your Regi!:grin:

Thanks!

Is it too late to join this challenge? I want to start incorporating oil into my reggie.

I will be using Castor Oil, Hemp Oil, and Grapeseed Oil. HOTs, scalp massages (mixed with sulfur) and sealing.

Is it too late to join this challenge? I want to start incorporating oil into my reggie.

I will be using Castor Oil, Hemp Oil, and Grapeseed Oil. HOTs, scalp massages (mixed with sulfur) and sealing.

Girl, Nah...:lol:

This is an Open-Ended Spot up in this Piece.:look:

Welcome!:grin:

Thanks for listing your Oils.

I will be using vatika frosting tonight. T, I use pimento straight up because it really thick with no problems. The nape area is the most sensitive area for me so I try to avoid that area.

When I used the pimento it worked best for me as a prepoo. I never repurchased because I wanted to use it for scalp massages but I couldn't keep it on my scalp for long periods before washing.

I will be using vatika frosting tonight. T, I use pimento straight up because it really thick with no problems. The nape area is the most sensitive area for me so I try to avoid that area.

When I used the pimento it worked best for me as a prepoo. I never repurchased because I wanted to use it for scalp massages but I couldn't keep it on my scalp for long periods before washing.

WOW! Great Info. Thanks Ladies....:grin:

WOW! Great Info. Thanks Ladies....:grin:
Do you want me to send you a sample to try?:grin:

I would agree to bold, although some would say use it longer I try to use as suggested and would buy again.

Do you want me to send you a sample to try?:grin:

I would agree to bold, although some would say use it longer I try to use as suggested and would buy again.

Thanks Ltown, but that's okay Girl.:yep: Thanks for asking.

Just applied JBCO to my edges/bang scalp area & on the length of my bang sealed with herbal rich oil...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

I'm gonna put some JBCO on my edges and nape and tap my ends with my ceramide mix before tying up and going to bed later.

Was at the Grocery and picked up a small bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.:yep:

btw: I was talking to my cousin on the phone yesterday and she told me she was applying Egg Yolk and Warm Oil to an area of 'breakage' and it made it grow back.

She said she's been using Flaxseed Oil & Coconut Oil, I think.

You mix the Yolk w/the warm oil and massage it into the Area and let it sit for about 20-30 minutes before you shampoo.

Has anyone heard of or tried this? AND/OR what do you think of this.

Just did a HOT last night with a mixture of coconut oil, jojoba, Aphogee essential oils, and a few drops of vitamin E. Applied it to my scalp, then put on a plastic cap, and put my heat cap on medium heat for 20 minutes. Since I am in between shampoos, this was done on week old dry hair. Felt really good, reminded me of the days when I would grease and massage my scalp. :yep: I'm loving the idea of mixing 3-4 different scalp oils each time. Hoping my hair will like it too.

Was at the Grocery and picked up a small bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.:yep:

btw: I was talking to my cousin on the phone yesterday and she told me she was applying Egg Yolk and Warm Oil to an area of 'breakage' and it made it grow back.

She said she's been using Flaxseed Oil & Coconut Oil, I think.

You mix the Yolk w/the warm oil and massage it into the Area and let it sit for about 20-30 minutes before you shampoo.

Has anyone heard of or tried this? AND/OR what do you think of this.

T, I've never tried mixing a real egg yolk with warm oil, but this does sound like it would be great nourishment for the scalp and hair. A few years ago, I was applying a pre-poo oil by Phyto that had egg yolk oil in it as the main ingredient. It was way too expensive for me to continue buying it, but I did feel it helped strengthen my strands the few times I did use it. I might have to try that again now that you've mentioned it...:yep:

I was using egg yolk powder in my lite conditioners as a pre poo for a while & it really helped to thicken my hair..But,I got tired of ordering everything so I stopped using it! I would do it every other week...I HAD NO,I MEAN NO SHEDDING! I would wash it out/use moisturizing DC..

Happy Hair Growing!

T, I've never tried mixing a real egg yolk with warm oil, but this does sound like it would be great nourishment for the scalp and hair. A few years ago, I was applying a pre-poo oil by Phyto that had egg yolk oil in it as the main ingredient. It was way too expensive for me to continue buying it, but I did feel it helped strengthen my strands the few times I did use it. I might have to try that again now that you've mentioned it...:yep:

I was using egg yolk powder in my lite conditioners as a pre poo for a while & it really helped to thicken my hair..But,I got tired of ordering everything so I stopped using it! I would do it every other week...I HAD NO,I MEAN NO SHEDDING! I would wash it out/use moisturizing DC..Happy Hair Growing!

Thanks Ladies.....:grin:

Yeah, she said she was/is using 1 Raw Egg Yolk Mixed in Warm Oil, allow to sit and then shampoo/condition out. I may give it a try too in the future (since I wanna use up some of these oils:ohwell:)

Speaking of Which....I found 3/4ths Bottle of Surge Lotion Motion #9 Hair Oil in my Stash which is: Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Shea Butter, Olive Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Soybean Oil, Clove Oil and Coconut Oil

Will either use this to seal or may try a HOT with it.

Lita
Stella B

Have you tried liquid lecithin from health food store? It is inexpensive and contains the lecithin (soybean source) that is found in egg yolk. HTH

Lita
Stella B

Have you tried liquid lecithin from health food store? It is inexpensive and contains the lecithin (soybean source) that is found in egg yolk. HTH

The only lecithin I have seen was in a soft gel...

I will search for the liquid one..Thanks!

Happy Hair Growing!

I'm definitely going to try it this weekend. Thanks for the tip! I had no idea mustard oil had sulfur in it. I learn so much from this board on a daily basis.:yep:

It's funny, I tend to go a little crazy every time I go to the indian market. Their products are so inexpensive to me, I just stock up on everything. Even things I don't know about.

Must be the mad scientist/PJ in me.:grin:

You are preaching to the choir :yep::yep: I have 3 pint jars of oils and herbs on the stove right now. I love hibiscus flower infused coconut oil (Parachute) on my skin and hair. I am on my last bottle so it is time to restock :lick:

You are preaching to the choir :yep::yep: I have 3 pint jars of oils and herbs on the stove right now. I love hibiscus flower infused coconut oil (Parachute) on my skin and hair. I am on my last bottle so it is time to restock :lick:

Glad You're in here Choctaw. You are one of the Amazing Oil Queens.....:lol:

The only lecithin I have seen was in a soft gel...

I will search for the liquid one..Thanks!

Happy Hair Growing!

I have 16 oz bottle of NOW liquid lecithin, can't recall the price but it was not expensive. HTH

I'm late but I'm joining. My faves are coconut, sweet almond, avocado, and jojoba oils. Peppermint, cinnamon, tea tree, and rosemary are great in shampoos. EVOO is my go-to but lately I've realized it can have the hair hard if not followed with a DC.

Hot oil on dry, unwashed hair works best for me as a prepoo treatment because I have extremely dry hair. Shampoos work best when I have a protective coating on my strands.

I also like to use hot oil steam treatments a week after a reconstructor treatment. Sometimes, I DC afterwards if need be, but the hot oil adds shine when the hair is dull from a previously strong protein treatment.

And sealing is a must. When I miss sealing on a consistent basis, my hair dries out quicker, even with the most hydrating leave-ins. The sealants help keep it moist longer.

Last edited:

I'm late but I'm joining. My faves are coconut, sweet almond, avocado, jojoba oils. Peppermint, cinnamon, tea tree, and rosemary are great in shampoos. EVOO is my go-to but lately I've realized it can have the hair hard if not followed with a DC.

Hot oil on dry, unwashed hair works best for me as a prepoo treatment because I have extremely dry hair. Shampoos work best when I have a protective coating on my strands.

I also like to use hot oil steam treatments a week after a reconstructor treatment. Sometimes, I DC afterwards if need be, but the hot oil add great shine when the hair is dull from a previously strong protein treatment.

And sealing is a must. When I miss sealing on a consistent basis, my hair dries out quicker, even with the most hydrating leave-ins. The sealants help keep it moist longer.

You're Not Late! Welcome Girl. :yep:

It's Open Ended. You can Join anytime.:look:

Glad you're here. Nice Post!

Thanks for Posting your oils.:lick:

Hmp.:rolleyes: I might hafta' try the Hot Oil Steam Treatment......:look:

Any-one using pure argan oil,If so how are you stretching it? Its a wonderful oil for hair/skin but,the price $$$$ is no joke.....

Happy Hair Growing!

Any-one using pure argan oil,If so how are you stretching it? Its a wonderful oil for hair/skin but,the price $$$$ is no joke.....Happy Hair Growing!

I use it weekly after applying my L-I before getting under the dryer. I use about a dime/nickle worth.

You are sooooo right! It is Costly.:look:

My last purchase was from Camden Grey and it was a little less expensive.

I just saw this - Im late but Im in! I can still participate in this challenge when I get my hair sewn in which will be from Feb to April so this will work out!

Weekly, I will:
oil rinse with safflower oil
pre-poo/HOT with coconut oil

Daily, I will:
massage my scalp daily with a mix of JBCO, CO & Vitamin E oil

I use it weekly after applying my L-I before getting under the dryer. I use about a dime/nickle worth.

You are sooooo right! It is Costly.:look:

My last purchase was from Camden Grey and it was a little less expensive.

Wow! Great minds think a like ..lol *My last order was from Camden Grey..I'm just trying to hold on as long as possible

*Why the good stuff cost so much? Even healthy foods..

Happy Hair Growing!

I just saw this - Im late but Im in! I can still participate in this challenge when I get my hair sewn in which will be from Feb to April so this will work out!

Weekly, I will:
oil rinse with safflower oil
pre-poo/HOT with coconut oil

Daily, I will:
massage my scalp daily with a mix of JBCO, CO & Vitamin E oil

Nobody's Late:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya'll Crazy!

This is open - ended. Everyone can join anytime they want.:drunk:

Welcome Beauty.:grin:

Back