HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

If its not to late I would love to join... Thank you will post my oils later :)

I oiled my scalp w/ brahmi and amla oil. today

Girl....It's Open Ended.:lol:

Come On In! And Welcome. :yep:

Do tell what Oils you'll be using and how (when you get a chance)

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

oiled my ends with sweet almond oil first thing this morning :)

Subscribing to this thread, because I have more oils than I know what to do with them...heck, I'm still trying to figure out why I purchased mustard oil...darn PJ.:look:

I mix mustard oil with coconut, hemp and olive oils to do prepoos or scalp massages.
My paternal grandfather was east indian and always used it on our hair and skin, it's very good.

washed my hair...then oiled my ends w/ SAO .. I like the way this absorbs

only reason I'm not HOTing is because I'm in cornrows...but once these come out I'm doing a nice one with coconut oil.

I'm signing up! I just stated oil rinsing with olive oil and it has helped a lot with tangles that come with shampooing. Right now I'm using ORS Nature's Shine oil to seal. I also want to start oiling my scalp because it is so dry and itchy that it is driving me crazy. I'm thinking about buying the Qhemet Amla Pomade for that.

I'm lurking in again --

How did you determine the oz's to use?

Mostly based on how much I have..:look: Also I don't want to have too much heavy oil since I use my HOT mix for other things. So no real science behind it.:lachen:

I make it in a 8oz bottle since I use 1-2oz per treatment. Just trying different mixes to see what results I get and use the better mixes more often.

I oiled my scalp tonight JBCO & put green-tea butter on my hair/christine gant oil mix too!

Happy Hair Growing!

My oil Collection:

Avocado
Camellia
Argan
Emu
Hemp-seed Mix
Jojoba
Meadowform
Red Palm oil
Sesame-seed
Safflower
Rice bran
Poppy-seed

......................................................................................................
Pre-poos:

Strong roots Red Pimento JBCO
Mystic pepper root oil (Contains raw peppers & rum in base oils)
Mustard oil with Grape seed mix
Shea butter oil
Wheat-germ..Will remove later

....................................................................................................................

Essential oil Collection:

Ginger
Eucalyptus
Black pepper
Lavender
Tea-tree
Nettle
Peppermint
Burdock

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Deep conditioned on dry hair with ayurvedic gloss containing Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner, amla, brahmi and maka powders. Rinsed with water and the powders congealed. Used mustard oil followed by blend of skala dc to break up the gunk and rinsed out. I love mustard oil rinses -- it is stimulating and warms the scalp. Saturated hair with diluted Nexxus Humectress and detangled with shower comb followed by denman d31. Making some bantu knots with kimmay leave-in (oils: castor oil, Africa's Ultimate herbal oil) and eco custard (oils: evoo, evco, castor).

Ok I'm in this. I have a bunch of oils that I need to use up,and they won't be ever be gone at the rate i'm using them. HOT'S used to be really beneficial before I went natural,and i want to try them on the fro. I'll start tomorrow.

Magicavatar.gif

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Exactly!...and I'm still trying to figure out what to do with it.:look:

Okay, I think I know why I bought the mustard oil. :grin: Look what I found:

There are many products on the market that claim to promote healthy hair. However, healthy hair growth does not have to be difficult or expensive. Mustard oil is a simple, natural product that can guarantee strong, healthy and growing hair.

Strengthening

Mustard seeds contain calcium, protein, vitamins A and E, alpha omega-3 and alpha omega-6 fatty acids, as well as antioxidants, all of which are beneficial for hair growth. Mustard oil also strengthens hair and prevents it from falling out.

Conditioning

The fatty acids in mustard oil condition and strengthen hair, which can lead to better health and growth.

Growth

Mustard oil promotes blood circulation, making it a hair stimulant that helps hair grow more and at a faster rate.

How to Benefit

Massaging mustard oil on your hair and scalp at least three times a week and leaving it in for at least three hours before washing it out with shampoo will promote healthier, stronger, faster-growing hair.

Tips

Remember that mustard oil is not alone enough to maintain healthy hair, as eating a proper diet and getting regular exercise are more important. Also, make sure you are not allergic to mustard oil before applying it your hair. If your scalp becomes irritated, discontinue use.

Source:

Ayurveda Marketplace: Remedies for Hair Loss and Balding
Organic Facts: Health Benefits of Mustard Essential Oil

Read more: What are the benefits of mustard oil for hair growth? | Answerbag What are the benefits of mustard oil for hair growth? | Answerbag

will be doing another HOT this weekend, most likely with avocado and Wheat Germ Oil

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Exactly!...and I'm still trying to figure out what to do with it.:look:

refer to the article you found and try heating the mustard oil (applicator bottle in hot water) before massaging into your scalp. wash out with shampoo or add a cheap conditioner to hair one hour before you co-wash. hint, hint: mustard oil contains sulfur. test the warm oil on a patch of your scalp or forearm before you commit. some people have bad reactions to mustard oil.

You can use it alone or also mix it with ayurvedic oils like amla, coconut, vatika (pure coconut), castor, sesame and use it to oil your skin, scalp, seal ends and edges. Mustard oil relieves dryness of scalp and hair (hint: henna). Now g'wan dip yourself in dat mustard, chile. So what if you smell like curry, dat's what conditioners are for :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Magicavatar.gif

if your hair doesnt have that much build up why dont you try oilling and rinsing before the shampooing

nah I don't like prepooing, i like to get my hair clean with my shampoo.

tonight i will oil my hair overnight with coconut oil

I washed my hair yesterday, after sitting around with my ceramide oil mix on my head all day. It has Safflower, Hemp Seed, Wheat Germ, Kukui, and a little JBCO.

That is the last bit of my oils, besides the Safflower and JBCO. I'll need more to mix up so I'll be ordering from Mountain Rose Herbs next week:

Hemp Seed
Wheat Germ
Kukui
Macadamia Nut

Hey Lovely Ladies. :wave:

I think Imma try a "Quickie" Oil Rinse tonight. I think I got it right.....:look:

Saturate hair in Oil and Rinse in Warm Water? Correct? I will Cowash and DC afterward. :yep:

May come back with a quick impromptu review. This is my 1st time trying this, and it's only because I got a late start on my hair.:perplexed

Hey Lovely Ladies. :wave:

I think Imma try a "Quickie" Oil Rinse tonight. I think I got it right.....:look:

Saturate hair in Oil and Rinse in Warm Water? Correct? I will Cowash and DC afterward. :yep:

May come back with a quick impromptu review. This is my 1st time trying this, and it's only because I got a late start on my hair.:perplexed

Cant wait to hear your review!

Happy Hair Growing!

I did a HOT this morning for about an hour,then cowashed afterwards,so I dunno if that is technically an oil rinse...either way I was happy with the results. I added my Oyin hair dew as a leave in,and sealed with some burnt sugar pomade mixed with my combo olive,flax,and avocado mix. Airdried in plaits...that are still in.:look:
Since I am starting back with daily co-washes,can I oil rinse everyday? Would it be too much?

I forgot to "Label" 2 oils and they smell similar so....I don't know if I used Wheat Germ or Soybean for my Oil Rinse. I still have conditioner in my hair, so I'm not quite finished.

Note To Self: Make sure to Label ALL Oils especially if they are similar in weight, color, smell etc.... I put them in Plastic Bottles.

I just put some JBCO on edges plus bang & put christine gant herbal oil on my ends/scarf over hair..Ready for bed!

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

oiled my ends with sweet almond oil

refer to the article you found and try heating the mustard oil (applicator bottle in hot water) before massaging into your scalp. wash out with shampoo or add a cheap conditioner to hair one hour before you co-wash. hint, hint: mustard oil contains sulfur. test the warm oil on a patch of your scalp or forearm before you commit. some people have bad reactions to mustard oil.

You can use it alone or also mix it with ayurvedic oils like amla, coconut, vatika (pure coconut), castor, sesame and use it to oil your skin, scalp, seal ends and edges. Mustard oil relieves dryness of scalp and hair (hint: henna). Now g'wan dip yourself in dat mustard, chile. So what if you smell like curry, dat's what conditioners are for :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Magicavatar.gif

I'm definitely going to try it this weekend. Thanks for the tip! I had no idea mustard oil had sulfur in it. I learn so much from this board on a daily basis.:yep:

It's funny, I tend to go a little crazy every time I go to the indian market. Their products are so inexpensive to me, I just stock up on everything. Even things I don't know about.

Must be the mad scientist/PJ in me.:grin:

so i made mistake of mixing my ingredient for a dc in the wrong order which included mixing salt with oil instead of water and conditioner first. My scalp is TOW-UP! i would scratch but that hurts like the dickens! im hoping this rosemary and mint conditioner will soothe the itchy beast :(

I'm loving this thread. It's giving me so many ideas.

Back