HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Just oiled my scalp, hair and ends with my Shea butter/coconut/grapeseed mix, but I added EVOO and avocado oil to the mix and stirred it real good. Moisture, moisture, moisture!!

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Wow Lita , that sounds good enough to eat. I made a new shea recipe today. Sometimes I just don't know what I want from a product. I think sometimes my expectations and desires conflict with the product.

For example. I know I want the heaviness of shea but by the time I finish the recipe I have made it light and fluffy. I really need to make up my mind.:perplexed I want it to seal and have slip and keep my curl.

Maybe back to the drawing board.

Vintagecoilylocks I know the feeling...Your hair will tell you exactly what it needs....Keep growing...

*Its great to keep Shea light & fluffy (so you can enjoy all the benefits)

Happy Hair Growing!

So i did my usual pre-poo, used my new Hairveda shampoo bar, and DC'd

Then I poured grapeseed oil on my hairand let it sit before adding condish and detangling. it didn't seem to work as well as I had hoped. Maybe I need a different oil.

My hair feels really soft though

Pulled Out my Mastex Heat Cap and did a HOT with the Palm Oil/Butter stuff for about 20-30 minutes.

Just braided my hair and sealed the ends with my Shea butter miracle mix (that's my new title for it). I alternate with it and the coconut oil mix.

Last edited:

I wanna join! I know I'm late but I'll continue on with the next phase of the challenge. I mostly use my oils mixed with each other or mixed into other products. The only thing I use by itself is my coconut oil.

Pre-poo: grapeseed/coconut/argan/castor/safflower oils

Added to D/C: castor/jojoba/grapeseed/coconut oils

Moisturizer: Mango butter/AVJ/argan oil

Spritz: AVJ/water/castor oil/peppermint oil

I just bought some flax seed oil, so I will be adding that to my next D/C. I really want to try rice bran/sweet almond/wheat germ/avacado oils but I need to use up some of what I have first.

Last-night I used my Shea smoothie & sealed length/ends with Sunflower seed oil....

Happy Hair Growing!

Did an overnight HOT with Shea Moisture Reconstructive Elixir, rinsed this morning, then cowashed.I was a little heavy handed with the spray. Otherwise my hair was soft.

I wanna join! I know I'm late but I'll continue on with the next phase of the challenge. I mostly use my oils mixed with each other or mixed into other products. The only thing I use by itself is my coconut oil.

Pre-poo: grapeseed/coconut/argan/castor/safflower oils

Added to D/C: castor/jojoba/grapeseed/coconut oils

Moisturizer: Mango butter/AVJ/argan oil

Spritz: AVJ/water/castor oil/peppermint oil

I just bought some flax seed oil, so I will be adding that to my next D/C. I really want to try rice bran/sweet almond/wheat germ/avacado oils but I need to use up some of what I have first.

FoxxyLocs

Welcome! This is pretty much open-ended so please just jump right in and start posting.:grin:

We will start our 2nd Cycle May 1st -- August 31st.

Lita

Did you end up getting the Vitamins?

M&S'ed with Hydratherma Naturals Lotion and Oil

@IDareT'sHair Just watching the thread for NOW!...LOL

How about you?

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

:perplexedImma end up getting them:lol:

I've been very pleased tho' with the ones I'm taking, but I like jumping on Bandwagons:lol: :lol: :lol: so I'll try them out.:drunk:

Girl....It's 'pricey' to take 2 per day but Imma try that too for a minute. It's definitely not cost effective.

Today I used the Yucca Growth Thicken cream/lotion...MY HAIR LOVES THIS. It has great slip & leaves the hair very moisturize...I put my Walnut/Pumpkin seed oil mix on top..PERFECT.

Applied a little Brahmi oil to my scalp..JBCO/Peppermint mix on edges...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

:perplexedImma end up getting them:lol:

I've been very pleased tho' with the ones I'm taking, but I like jumping on Bandwagons:lol: :lol: :lol: so I'll try them out.:drunk:

Girl....It's 'pricey' to take 2 per day but Imma try that too for a minute. It's definitely not cost effective.

IDareT'sHair ...Keep us posted/With your results.....

Happy Hair Growing!

Today I used the Yucca Growth Thicken cream/lotion...MY HAIR LOVES THIS. It has great slip & leaves the hair very moisturize...I put my Walnut/Pumpkin seed oil mix on top..PERFECT.

Applied a little Brahmi oil to my scalp..JBCO/Peppermint mix on edges...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

This sounds good!:lick: Where did you pick this up?:look:

Girl....You come up with the Most Unique stuff.:lol:

Lita

This sounds good!:lick: Where did you pick this up?:look:

Girl....You come up with the Most Unique stuff.:lol:

IDareT'sHair Its from the Shea Moisture Organic line....I pick it up at Walgreen's...

*It has Neem oil,Wheat Germ oil,Grape-seed & other goodies...

Happy Hair Growing!

@IDareT'sHair Its from the Shea Moisture Organic line....I pick it up at Walgreen's...

*It has Neem oil,Wheat Germ oil,Grape-seed & other goodies...

Happy Hair Growing!

@Lita

You know, that's One Line I've never tried.:perplexed

I was slightly 'tempted' when Walgreen's had the B1G1.

I looked at that Restorative Exlir and that Purification Treatment. This one (Yucca) sounds good too.

I will keep my eyes open for the next Sale.:yep:

Thanks!

@Lita

You know, that's One Line I've never tried.:perplexed

I was slightly 'tempted' when Walgreen's had the B1G1.

I looked at that Restorative Exlir and that Purification Treatment. This one (Yucca) sounds good too.

I will keep my eyes open for the next Sale.:yep:

Thanks!

IDareT'sHair What?...You didn't pick any-thing up from the BOGO free sale....

Happy Hair Growing!

@IDareT'sHair What?...You didn't pick any-thing up from the BOGO free sale....

Happy Hair Growing!

:giggle:

As soon as I get home from work in the morning, I'm gonna soak my hair with my ceramide mix. :lick: I'll leave it in all day and wash in the evening. Can't wait.

Doing an overnight pre-poo with my pre-poo oil mix. I have to be somewhere early tomorrow am so I'll probably just wear a hat out and do my shampoo and D/C when I get back.

I did end up buying some rice bran oil even though I said I wouldn't. Can't wait to try it out!

Oiled my scalp last night with Claudie's Elixir.

HEY HOTTIES!:grin:

Hope everyone's evenings are off to a Great Start.

I pullled out a Baggy...so tonight, I'm baggying with Hydratherma Naturals Follicle Invigorating Spritz, HTN Leave-In and HTN Oil.

Will Baggy until Bed-time.:yep:

Remoist my hair BF/applied JBCO,Peppermint & Camphor mix to my edges...Brahmi oil around my bang..Rice bran oil on the length..

Happy Hair Growing!

Remoist my hair BF/applied JBCO,Peppermint & Camphor mix to my edges...Brahmi oil around my bang..Rice bran oil on the length..Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

Girl...You got All Kinds of Potions & Mixes Over there!:lol: ........ :lick:

Back