HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Hair is under a plastic cap with sweet almond oil right now. I will get under the steamer in a bit.

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

M&S twice today with Hydratherma Naturals Lotion & Oil. Will do a HOT on Friday with Red Palm Oil/Butta'.

Lightly misted my hair with water and sealed with hemp/grapeseed oil mix.

Wash and braided hair with hydratherma growth oil.

I used Amla, garlic, and JBCO with my prepoo. Massaged it in real good. Stinks.

sealed and oiled with grapeseed oil and air dried overnight in a wrap...

Oiled my scalp with Brahmi & edges with JBCO...Re-moisturize braids water,applied Njoi Creations (Ayuvedic Butter) on length/a little rice bran & sesame seed oil/NB pomade on ends....

*Ayurvedic Hair Butter ingredients-Brahmi,Amla,Shikakai,Urefined Shea butter & eo's..

Happy Hair Growing1

Consistently oiling my scalp and edges with my herbal/MTG oil mix nightly. I believe this has helped me get from APL to BSL in less than 3 mos! :grin:

Sealing ends with castor oil/shea butter pomade, alternating with coconut oil, hemp seed oil, grape seed oil. Now using the Garnier Fructis Triple Moisture products (nutrient spray and fortifying cream cond.). They are good!

Haven't had to do an oil rinse in a while for tangles since I've increased using natural shea butter and coconut oil products in my regimen. Shea butter and coconut oil works wonders on DD's hair as well as mine!:lick:

Jewell

WOW Jewell Your Progress is very inspiring! :grin:

Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad it's working for you & dd.:yep:

OMG. I received my oils today from new directions! I have atleast 16 ounce bottle of most of these oils. What size bottles do most of you ladies have?? Trying to see how long these should last!

Sent from my Droid using Long Hair Care Forum App

Been slipping on the scalp oiling and oil rinsing so gotta get on it. Will oil scalp with Claudie's Scalp Elixir, do an overnight hot with sweet almond oil, then cowash in the morning.

Did a HOT with Rice Bran oil/ Grapeseed Oil and Camelia seed Oil.

I honestly have purchased wayyyy too much oil. :-/

OMG. I received my oils today from new directions! I have atleast 16 ounce bottle of most of these oils. What size bottles do most of you ladies have?? Trying to see how long these should last!

I've been getting 4oz and 8oz bottles lately. Thats because I prefer mixing my oils, and so I don't have too much just sitting around. :yep: There are a few I'll get in 16oz - hemp seed, grapeseed, and walnut for sure.:lick: I like to have these 3 plus emu and argan always on hand.

If you are testing an oil then I say start with a 4oz or smaller if you can get it. Otherwise if you know an oil is a staple then 16oz is fine. One bottle of oil can last you a looooooong time.

I love all the oils that I got. But i guess I just didn't realize how MUCH oil I was actually ordering. The ricebran was only 3 or 4 bucks I think for 32 ounces. How could I not get it??!?!

Shay72

I love all the oils that I got. But i guess I just didn't realize how MUCH oil I was actually ordering. The ricebran was only 3 or 4 bucks I think for 32 ounces. How could I not get it??!?!

Shay72

Where'd you get that? I was just looking for some online tonight.

~~~

I'm sitting with QB's Castor & Moringa serum under a plastic cap. I'll be sleeping in it and rinsing it out in the morning (I am being lazy.) Side note: I'm ecstatic about having products that I'm not allergic to. :woot: :grin:

Where'd you get that? I was just looking for some online tonight.

~~~

I'm sitting with QB's Castor & Moringa serum under a plastic cap. I'll be sleeping in it and rinsing it out in the morning (I am being lazy.) Side note: I'm ecstatic about having products that I'm not allergic to. :woot: :grin:

Iluvsmuhgrass

I purchased my oils at New Directions

Can I get some reccomendations for a really good moisturizing oil?

Please? :pray:

Will be doing an overnight hot with shikakai oil.

I did an oil rinse then M&S with castor and hemp oils mixed.

Sitting under my Mastex Heat Cap with Red Palm Oil Butter (Pre-Poo) Stuff.:yep:

I have about 1 more use and will move on to another Oil.

I'm determined to use up alot of these Oils.:nono:

Thanks for thanking my posts.. You guys were/are so welcoming!:grin:
I just came back to say, I tried the walnut oil, and really like it so far.

I literally did an oil rinse with walnut oil a few days ago. Used no leave-ins :look:, and my hair dried fine. I've just been spritzing my length with water, then sealing with walnut oil. It actually feels soft /moisturised.

As for my roots, they were a bit tangled by day 2 :sad:/knots at the demarcation line. I just stretched them in 2 ponies to avoid trouble lol.

Since there's nothing on my roots (still), I'm planning on dc'ing on dry hair, then oil rinsing again with the walnut oil, just to see if it continues to work. Or maybe the other way around. Thanks ciccina for mentioning it earlier !

I've been hearing good things about grapeseed oil. Thanks for the recommendation! I will buy that next :yep:

Has anyone tried and loved shea oil?

I heard good things about it in the past...

Tonight Used:

Red Palm Oil/Butter
Pure Argan Oil
Hydratherma Naturals Oil

Back