HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Hey everyone...how many drops of peppermint oil are you adding to your deep conditioners??

AlliCat Hi! If I add it to my conditioners about 8-10 drops...My scalp oil mix 8-9 drops in 4oz bottle....Keep us posted.

Happy Hair Growing!

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Lita how does that make your scalp feel? I added 10 drops to my deep conditioner and my scalp feels extremely tingly. Is it supposed to feel like a really strong cool sensation? am I using too much?? I didn't use a ton of conditioner either so it's concentrated -- is this bad to use too much essential oil?

AlliCat and Lita - I've been MIA from this thread for a minute. How often would you add peppermint to the DC. What is it good for?

Kinda OT peppermint use -- I use it as a body freshening oil. I perspire (oh how lady like) a lot. A little trick learned long ago is to dab some peppermint oil in select pressure points (on the body) at the start of the day so as I perspire, the peppermint gives off a very nice fragrance. I also will massage some on the temple area when experiencing a headache.

@AlliCat and @Lita - I've been MIA from this thread for a minute. How often would you add peppermint to the DC. What is it good for?

Kinda OT peppermint use -- I use it as a body freshening oil. I perspire (oh how lady like) a lot. A little trick learned long ago is to dab some peppermint oil in select pressure points (on the body) at the start of the day so as I perspire, the peppermint gives off a very nice fragrance. I also will massage some on the temple area when experiencing a headache.

I think it stimulates the scalp to enhance circulation and thus hair growth...that's what all the websites say but who knows. I just know it feels really nice and tingly on the scalp. Also helps DC's smell fresh and minty... and thx for the tip

Speaking of Peppermint: I recently started using Cathy Howse UBH Deep Conditioner that is extremely "Pepperminty":blush:

Like Altoids on Steroids....:lol:

Very Stimulating especially under the dryer. I haven't tried to Steam with it (yet).

So as far as "going for the tingle" this one has MAD TINGLE:lol:

Last edited:

Speaking of Peppermint: I recently started using Cathy Howse UBH Deep Conditioner that it extremely "Pepperminty":blush:

Like Altoids on Steroids....:lol:

Very Stimulating especially under the dryer. I haven't tried to Steam with it (yet).

So as far as "going for the tingle" this one has MAD TINGLE:lol:

YEAH i noticed that too!

@AlliCat

What did you think of it? And what Moisturizing DC'ers are you following up with?

I've only tried it once and didn't like it. It has the properties of a strong protein conditioner and provided no slip, and I recently realized that I was supposed to follow up wiht a moisturizing conditioner :lachen:Well i haven't tried using it since the first time, so i will report back when I decide to try it again

Lita how does that make your scalp feel? I added 10 drops to my deep conditioner and my scalp feels extremely tingly. Is it supposed to feel like a really strong cool sensation? am I using too much?? I didn't use a ton of conditioner either so it's concentrated -- is this bad to use too much essential oil?

AlliCat Hi! Yes,Its very tingly..I love tingle..Makes my scalp feel so refreshed. I dont know about extra growth..but,my scalp feels great...I use a lot of conditioner..So its not too concentrated....

*I dont think its too strong (your mix) because you wash it out....

Happy Hair Growing!

Oiled my scalp with Claudie's Elixir and massaged for about 2 minutes. That's about all I can tolerate and how long I can focus. I will oil the length of my hair with sweet almond oil for a overnight hot. Will rinse in the morning and cowash.

Didn't do the bolded because I fell asleep. Plan to do it tonight though.

Yeah um still didn't do it last night. I do have amla oil in my hair right now with a plastic cap on. I plan to exercise that will help with the heat even more, do a tea rinse, and cowash.

Moisturized this morning with Hydratherma Naturals Lotion & Leave-In. Will Seal later with HTN Oil.

I've only tried it once and didn't like it. It has the properties of a strong protein conditioner and provided no slip, and I recently realized that I was supposed to follow up wiht a moisturizing conditioner :lachen:Well i haven't tried using it since the first time, so i will report back when I decide to try it again

@AlliCat

Yeah, I realize you got to Moisturize the heck outta your hair after using. At least for me.:yep:

I've used it twice. The 1st time, I used it under dryer (no plastic cap) and followed-up with a Moisturizing Cream Rinse. My hair was 'dry' and I didn't feel the follow up Cream Rinse was 'strong' enough in Moisture to off-set UBH.

The 2nd time I used it, I used a Plastic Cap and Steamed with a Moisturizing DC'er for about 45 minutes. I liked it a lot better. Next time (Tuesday), I will do no plastic cap and Steam afterwards with Plenty of Moisture.

I think this will work best for me (My Hair). But it took me a coupla' times to make my final decision about this product.

@Brownie518 How does your hair & scalp feel with this combo?

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita
It feels good. I only put a little of the Brahmi/JBCO on my front edges and my nape (problem areas for me). I'm about to put some on right now, too. :yep: The emu actually feels really good. My ends look and feel great.

Sealed with Jojoba oil after moisturizing

So my DH picked up flaxseed oil instead hempseed. Anyone have experience with flaxseed oil?

Oiled my scalp with Claudie's Elixir. Applied Claudie's Shea Pomade to the length of my hair. I may baggy overnight. We shall see.

Just applied grapeseed oil to length and my scalp to prepoo overnight... half way through I remembered I wanted to use my vatika frosting to prepoo overnight... :(

A little bummed but oh well!

I didn't baggy overnight. I will be oil rinsing at some point today with sweet almond or amla oil.

Moisturized & Sealed this morning with Hydratherma Naturals Lotion & Oil.

Dampen my braids with water,applied Shea smoothie on the length...Lightly oiled my scalp with Brahmi...JBCO mix on edges....Sealed with Sunflower seed oil....

Happy Hair Growing!

I added a little of my ceramide oil mix to my DC this morning. I put some JBCO/Brahmi/Emu on my nape and edges.

Moisturized & Sealed with Hydratherma Naturals Lotion & Oil:yawn:

Will do an overnight hot with sweet almond oil. Decided I won't buy my ceramide oils until I finish this sweet almond oil. So probably means I won't buy oil until sometime in May.

I tapped my edges with some JBCO, moisturized, and sealed up with some Hydratherma Naturals oil.

Pre poo with Mahabhringraj oil,Wash Amla,Neem cream poo,Herbal Hair Mask Treatment 20min,Rinsed with argan con,RedKen Dc45 min,BF leave-in,Sealed with Walnut oil...Brahmi oil on scalp...JBCO edges...

*Hair feels light & fluffy...

*Will do the Nourishing Herbal Hair Mask Treatment during spring...

Nourishing Herbal Hair Mask ingredients-Australian Pink Clay,Rhassoul clay,Organic Aloe Vera juice,Raw honey,Virgin olive oil,Virgin hemp-seed,Grapefruit seed exr,Silk protein,Brahmi,Jaswand-Hibiscus powder,Black willow bark,Marshmallow root,Sunflower seed oil,Aloe leaf,Chondrus & Althea ext

Happy Hair Growing!

Oiled dry hair with Africa's Ultimate Herbal Oil and baggied overnight. Washed with shikakai bar. Conditioned with Tigi Moisture Maniac, detangled with shower comb. Conditioned with Pantene Frizzy to Smooth, combed through with shower comb. Rinsed and used Giovanni SAS as leave-in. Oiled scalp and ends with argan oil. Used denman to distribute oils. Double strand twists on dry hair. Hair is clean, bouncy and soft.

Still oiling ladies i used ceramides oil mix as prepoo to help keep her moist after using scalp treatment poo. Oiling scalp with jojoba, thyme, cedarwood, rosemary, peppermint. Sealing with cocasta oil from hv.

Rinsed the sweet almond oil out and followed with a cowash using HV Moist PRO.

Hi Ladies:

I have a dumb question. I read through some of the 60 pages of this topic, but where do you ladies/gents purchase your oils from? health food stores? Ethnic stores? I went to my local beauty supply store and all I see is Shea butter, jojoba oil, tea tree, and cocoa butter. Some I can find on amazon.com. But I rather purchase it from a store so I can feel and smell it. I would like to try argan oil, sweet almond oil or avocado oil. Is there a location that has recipes on creating certain oils? Also, is there a list of what each oil accomplishes or what benefits on hair?

Any information that is given is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Back