HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Oiled my scalp with grapeseed oil; keeps the itchies away.

I'll have to try this. :yep:

I oiled my hair this morning with my ceramide mix. It feels so silky, too! Following Lita, I put some Brahmi on my scalp.

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

I oiled my hair this morning with my ceramide mix. It feels so silky, too! Following Lita, I put some Brahmi on my scalp.

@Brownie518 Sounds Good.

@Lita Always comin' up with something.:lol:

Is Brahmi an Oil or a Powder?:look:

I think I had some of that before:perplexed

Ms. B -- You will LOVE Grapeseed.:lick:

@Brownie518 Sounds Good.

@Lita Always comin' up with something.:lol:

Is Brahmi an Oil or a Powder?:look:

I think I had some of that before:perplexed

Ms. B -- You will LOVE Grapeseed.:lick:

I got the Vadik Herbs Brahmi Amla oil. Its Sesame oil with the Brahmi in it I guess. Its...a bit pungent. :look:

I do LOVE that Grapeseed!! :yep: I only got an 8 ounce to try it but I'll be getting 16 when I have to reup. Love it.

I got the Vadik Herbs Brahmi Amla oil. Its Sesame oil with the Brahmi in it I guess. Its...a bit pungent. :look:

I do LOVE that Grapeseed!! :yep: I only got an 8 ounce to try it but I'll be getting 16 when I have to reup. Love it.

Brownie518

So....That's a Nice Way of Sayin' It STANKS:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah...Grapeseed is the Business.:lick:

Will be steaming with sweet almond oil in a bit.

used pantene oil moisturizer on my hair and scalp, then sealed with JBCO.

Oiled dry hair with Africa's Ultimate Herbal oil and covered with a plastic cap for a few hours. Washed with shikakai shampoo bar, conditioned and detangled with Giovanni SAS conditioner. Oiled scalp and sealed ends with argan oil. My sister did some two strand twists. My hair feels clean, light and bounces.

about to oil ends with sweet almond oil

Brownie518 I'm laughing because I read the latter post & yes Brahmi oil stinks...That is why I oil my scalp lightly with it at night & apply some kind of scented cream/pomade or leave-in on top/Mask smell & in the morning..MY HAIR DOESN'T HAVE A ODER..Just whatever the scented cream smells like...

*USING BRAHMI oil Every 3 days..JBCO mix on edges is working.....

How is Brahmi/Amla oil working for you?

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Lita

You are extremely "Creative":lol: I enjoy reading your Posts...

I be thinking how in the Debil did she come up with that.:lol:

IDareT'sHair

Hi!I'm really listening to my hair about its likes & dislikes *I experiment on my bang all the time & if its a miss/no real harm done/ I can always cut my bang & start over....

*My hair likes rice bran by itself when the weather is cooler as the main oil/it can have other oils mixed/but,it has to be the main carrier...

*The other day when the weather was warm..Rice bran by itself was a no go/when I added some walnut to it/back on track...

*I FORGOT TO MENTION I HAVE EMU OIL In my JBCO mix/That I apply to my edges daily....

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

@Brownie518 I'm laughing because I read the latter post & yes Brahmi oil stinks...That is why I oil my scalp lightly with it at night & apply some kind of scented cream/pomade or leave-in on top/Mask smell & in the morning..MY HAIR DOESN'T HAVE A ODER..Just whatever the scented cream smells like...

*USING BRAHMI oil Every 3 days..JBCO mix on edges is working.....

How is Brahmi/Amla oil working for you?

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita - I'm just starting out with the Brahmi. Amla has always been great on my hair but I just started using it again recently. I'm gonna go hard with them both for a while. :yep:

*I FORGOT TO MENTION I HAVE EMU OIL In my JBCO mix/That I apply to my edges daily....

Happy Hair Growing!

I pulled out my Emu last night and was thinking about adding it to the JBCO. What else you got in that there mix, hmmm??? I know its some good stuff. :look:

Brownie518

Hi! In JBCO mix-Peppermint,Emu,Camphor,Little Jojoba to thin it out,little Black radish-its natural sulfur & Lavender eo trying to get rid of that one...My edges likes this mix....

*May add cayenne pepper oil..next

Happy Hair Growing!

Okay, I just had to try this. I cowashed and used my crazy oil mix on wet hair rinsed with hot water and then a mild DC , leave ins and air dried. My question is how do you know if you used too much oil. My hair took a long time to dry and was a little bit mushy and the effect only lasted a day or two. TIA

Added Sweet Almond and Jojoba oils to my deep conditioner

Moisturized with Hydratherma Naturals Protein L-I and Sealed with HTN Oil

Is anybody else having issues with greasiness? I felt like I did a good job rinsing out all the oils from my pre-poo & D/C yesterday, but today I have oil stains on my t-shirt and my neck is all greasy:ohwell: Is there a remedy for this? Am I doing something wrong? Somebody help me cuz I hate to give up my oils, but I can't be messing up my good shirts:nono:

:help:

Is anybody else having issues with greasiness? I felt like I did a good job rinsing out all the oils from my pre-poo & D/C yesterday, but today I have oil stains on my t-shirt and my neck is all greasy:ohwell: Is there a remedy for this? Am I doing something wrong? Somebody help me cuz I hate to give up my oils, but I can't be messing up my good shirts:nono:

FoxxyLocs

I haven't experienced the Oiliness. Try 'less' oil. I usually do a HOT on dry hair with a Heat Cap.

And I have done oil rinses with Warm Water either before co-cleansing or as a Final Rinse after Deep Conditioning.

Hot/Warm/Cool/Cold is how I do my Rinse out.

A little bit of oil goes a long way. I've noticed since becoming natural that I can't prepoo with oil and add a whole bunch of oil to my dc too. It's just too much. I have to be careful. I have not experienced oiliness by keeping a watch on this.

Oiled my scalp with Claudie's Elixir and massaged for about 2 minutes. That's about all I can tolerate and how long I can focus. I will oil the length of my hair with sweet almond oil for a overnight hot. Will rinse in the morning and cowash.

I will be using up the rest of that Palm Oil/Butter Pre-Poo stuff tomorrow. YAY! *glad to use up something*

Will also use Pure Argan with my Leave-In under Dryer and will M&S with Hydratherma.

I think I like HennaSooq's Pure Argan better than Camden Grey.....so I will hafta' re-evaluate that purchase.

FoxxyLocs In addition to what was mentioned before, the shampoo and DC used is another factor to consider.

If for instance you're using a shampoo /or DC that contains heavy oils or a combination of a few oils, you should use less oil to oil rinse, prepoo or HOT.
If not you can use a bit more. HTH

I put a little JBCO mixed with Brahmi on my scalp, with some Emu on my ends.

Evening Hair-Hotties!:giggle:

Doing my Hair tonight. Didn't finish up that Palm Butter stuff (Like I thought..maybe next wash day).:sad:

But I will use: Pure Argan Oil and Hydratherma Naturals Oil(s) today in my Regimen.

JerriBlank I think I like HennaSooq's Argan a bit better than Camden Grey's, but what I'm using it for, I guess it really doesn't make a big difference.

If I wanted "High Performance" with Argan, I'd probably "Break Down" and buy the one from HennaSooq again.:nono: Like if I were using it to Flat-Iron or something. I just use it with my L-I for under the dryer, so for now, this one is ok.:ohwell:

KeraCare moisturizing sulfate free poo/Hollywood's Beauty Argan Hair Mask Dc 35min/Yucca cream/lotion leave-in/Sealed with Walnut & Pumpkin seed oil mix...Hair feels super silky,moisturize & tangle free.....Lightly oil my scalp with Brahmi......JBCO on edges....

*Hair smells like now-a-latter green apple candy..(Hollywood Beauty Argan Hydrating Mask) cost $7.99...Its a KEEPER..My hair seems to really like it.

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Hey everyone...how many drops of peppermint oil are you adding to your deep conditioners??

Oiled my scalp with Claudie's Elixir and massaged for about 2 minutes. That's about all I can tolerate and how long I can focus. I will oil the length of my hair with sweet almond oil for a overnight hot. Will rinse in the morning and cowash.

Didn't do the bolded because I fell asleep. Plan to do it tonight though.

Back