HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

I'm back with oiing my hair it so supper dry and flaky. I use nature blessing, will do a oil rinse with ceramides mix(walnut, almond, sesame, salflower, avocado oils)
IDareT'sHair, what i read about oil rinse is that you rinse hair or shampoo then drench hair with oil, let sit then rinse out. Won't be any stimulators in my rinses:nono:

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

I'm back with oiing my hair it so supper dry and flaky. I use nature blessing, will do a oil rinse with ceramides mix(walnut, almond, sesame, salflower, avocado oils)
@IDareT'sHair, what i read about oil rinse is that you rinse hair or shampoo then drench hair with oil, let sit then rinse out. Won't be any stimulators in my rinses:nono:

Ltown

Morning L! Did Your prescription make your hair dry & flakey?:ohwell: I'm glad you feel 'comfortable' oiling again.:yep: That Ceramide "Mix" sounds delish:lick:

I Love Nature's Blessing. I need to pull mine back out.:yep:

Ltown

Morning L! Did Your prescription make your hair dry & flakey?:ohwell: I'm glad you feel 'comfortable' oiling again.:yep: That Ceramide "Mix" sounds delish:lick:

I Love Nature's Blessing. I need to pull mine back out.:yep:

IDareT'sHair, oh no that was the henna or indigo and the reason i went to the doctor. The prescription stop the itchy and helping the rash i got on my temple. I have been using henna(jar) for a month dying my temples. After i did my henna (karishma) and indigo 2 weeks ago, my temple was sore and blister a little, then it started flaking, and itching. I never indigo before but it's the last time.

Ltown

That's too bad Ltown.:nono: Indigo gives such great Color & Coverage.

Too bad you can't use it.:perplexed

been oiling and sealing my scalp with grapeseed oil and it doesnt absorb like argan oil but i heals my scalp of itchying/pain. Argan oil smells better to me and is great to flat iron with but even when i overuse grapeseed oil...like last night...lol....i dont suffer breakage even though my hair is "weighed" down...i may mix them in the future but after i test the rest of my oils alone..i have carrot, vitamin e, and olive oil to go...i havent used my growth oil in a week but i think im going to start using that with my deep conditioners....

ETA: The unused oils are by sunflowers cosmetics and here are there ingredients

Vitamin E Oil - Sweet Almond Oil, Lemon Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherylacetate, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Rosemary Extract, Fragrance

Olive Oil - Olive Oil, Soybean Oil, Sunflower Oil, Castor Oil, Safflower Oil, Cotton Seed Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Tocopherol, Fragrance

Carrot Aloe Oil - Carrot Oil, Canola Oil, Sunflower Oil, Castor Oil, Olive Oil, Cotton Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Fragrance

Last edited:

I am doing my first henna treatment in over 6 weeks. Oil rinses been keeping me straight in the interim. I mixed up 6 oz henna powder, 2 oz amla powder, 10 oz hibiscus fenugreek tea, 1 beaten egg, 1 tablespoon aloe vera juice, 6 tablespoon mustard oil, 6 tablespoon gallberry honey. I used dulhan henna so it should dye release within 1.5 to 2 hours.

Yep, its a strange mix but lots of oil, honey and egg makes an easy wash out for me. I spray my hair with distilled water, apply the paste, double baggy, use a terry cloth headband on edges for drips. I will take a hot shower, cover my pillow with an old towel and go to bed cuz Ise tired!

choctaw, that mix sounds yummy!:lick: good for you!:yep:

i had no idea the egg and honey helped with the grittiness of getting the henna out!
did you indigo too?
i can't wait to hear how it went! and that terrycloth headband is a perfect addition, i gotta try it, thanks!

hhj ladies!

Doing a hot right now with sweet almond oil, will rinse, do a tea rinse, and follow up with a cowash.

IDareT'sHair
Today's was a mix of hibiscus, brahmi, bhringraj, and amla. I think :look:. I pre-mixed these teas so they are in jars ready to be put in a tea bag. I'm questioning whether amla is in there but I know the other 3 are :yep:.

@IDareT'sHair
Today's was a mix of hibiscus, brahmi, bhringraj, and amla. I think :look:. I pre-mixed these teas so they are in jars ready to be put in a tea bag. I'm questioning whether amla is in there but I know the other 3 are :yep:.

Shay72

IK those Tea Rinses have been really good for your Hair.:yep:

Thanks!

choctaw, that mix sounds yummy!:lick: good for you!:yep:

i had no idea the egg and honey helped with the grittiness of getting the henna out!
did you indigo too?
i can't wait to hear how it went! and that terrycloth headband is a perfect addition, i gotta try it, thanks!

I applied the paste last night before midnight and washed out early afternoon today. The egg, honey and oil kept the paste smooth and slippery. I used the light pulsate setting on showerhead for 5 minutes to remove majority of paste. I use thick conditioner to saturate hair and let it sit while I shower my skin and rinse shower wall, curtains off. The conditioners easily lift grit out of hair.

I use a second application of conditioner and use shower comb to detangle, rinse. I usually use a slippery thin conditioner for last wash and use denman to remove shed hairs and rinse with water. My final leave-in rinse is a few tablespoons apple cider vinegar diluted in herbal tea (I usually use left over tea from henna paste, add water and acv). I don't rinse this out but I do rinse my skin and the shower.

I oiled my scalp and ends today with argan oil, used a big pick to lift hair into a chunky afro and I am DONE. I will wet hair with distilled water tonight before bed, braid or twist it. I may co-wash or oil rinse tonight if I go surf fishing this afternoon/evening. Its impossible to avoid getting sand or saltwater spray in my hair on the beach.

ETA: I don't indigo. I use henna as a dc and it makes my greys a copper color, makes the black hair really glossy, stops breakage. the mustard oil was most moisturizing oil I have used in the paste so far :lick:

Last edited:

Using my new Shea butter, coconut oil, Grapeseed, jojoba and orange essential oil blend in my hair/scalp. Hair is feeling luxurious right about now after my morning co-wash.

I'm still using my hot 6 oil as a prepoo :grin:.

I think my new stylist is Nikos cousin :sekret: , her hair is a few inches from WL. Also, she told me to do overnight treatments with EVOO, that way I don't have to always get a DC when I visit her salon.

Dampen my braids with Water,applied Shea moisture smoothie thru it,Rice bran & Sesame seed oil on top,NB pomade on ends...Lightly oiled my scalp with Brahmi oil...JBCO on edges..

Happy Hair Growing!

@Lita What is JBCO?? I see it all the time...and have no idea what it is. I'm such a dork. :drunk:

Dampen my braids with Water,applied Shea moisture smoothie thru it,Rice bran & Sesame seed oil on top,NB pomade on ends...Lightly oiled my scalp with Brahmi oil...JBCO on edges..

Happy Hair Growing!

@Lita What is JBCO?? I see it all the time...and have no idea what it is. I'm such a dork. :drunk:

Your not a dork lol...Its Jamaican Black Castor Oil....

Happy Hair Growing!

Hi Ladies....:wave:

Can you believe we're in our Final Month of this Cycle? Where did the time go?:look: And we all started even before Feb 1st.

We have all done such a Fantastic Job doing HOTs, Rinses, Sealing, Greasing etc.....I am so proud of all of us.:grin:

We will start Part2 May 1, 2011 through August 31st 2011.

You Ladies have been Great!:flowers:

I'm using Mozekes Amla Infusion as a pre poo oil right now. I love it!! It has great ingredients!

@Lita

Duh, LOL ok, I had some of that before. But I didn't like it, it's so sticky. I have to mix castor oil with other stuff to use it. I had the lavender scent.

Your not a dork lol...Its Jamaican Black Castor Oil....

Happy Hair Growing!

@Lita

Duh, LOL ok, I had some of that before. But I didn't like it, it's so sticky. I have to mix castor oil with other stuff to use it. I had the lavender scent.

I have to cut mine, also, but it's definitely a staple oil!! :yep: I usually use a little CoCasta to cut the thickness...and the scent :look:

earlier today I sealed with argan oil

Moisturized and Sealed with Hydratherma Naturals Lotion & Oil. Will do either a HOT or Oil rinse Monday/Tuesday with either Wheat Germ Oil or Kukui Nut Oil (Ceramides).

I think after this 2nd HOT Cycle, my Oil Stash will be at a "Manageable" Level.

After it's almost depleted, I will give serious thought to what Oils I will try next. But no more than 3 though at 1 time.:blush: ........... :lol:

Last edited:

I oiled my scalp with Claudie's Elixir last night.

I love this thread. You ladies introduced me to grapeseed and I couldn't be more thankful. I've been using GSO as my hot oil treatment, oiling my ends, and sealing my moisturizer. Love that it doesn't leave my hair feeling weighed down.

Sitting here Baggying in HTN Lotion & Oil. Haven't 'baggied' in a while. But it feels nice.

Moisturized and Sealed with Hydratherma Naturals Lotion & Oil. Will do either a HOT or Oil rinse Monday/Tuesday with either Wheat Germ Oil or Kukui Nut Oil (Ceramides).

I think after this 2nd HOT Cycle, my Oil Stash will be at a "Manageable" Level.

After it's almost depleted, I will give serious thought to what Oils I will try next. But no more than 3 though at 1 time.:blush: ........... :lol:

@bolded - :look:...hmph

I used SSI Marula Hemp to moisturize and sealed up with the Mozeke Amla Herbal Infusion oil. I'm going to do some kind of treatment with this oil on Wednesday. Probably warm it up and pour it on and let it marinate for a while. :yep:

@Brownie518

Yeah. Seriously.:perplexed

Imma try 'limit' my Oils....Before this Amazing Challenge I thought I had no real use for a lot of oils...but I've developed a whole new appreciation for Oils in my Regimen.:grin:

I still don't want to be where I was before. :nono:

I know I'll keep Olive and Argan on hand, but I'm open to others.

I do :love: Hemp, Grapeseed, Avacado Oils too.

I wanna try Claudie's Montego Oil soon too.:lick:

Back