HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Lita

Girl..What do you know about Red Palm Oil?:ohwell:

I found a Jar of Red Palm Oil (stuff) that is suppose to be used as a Pre-Poo for very Dry & Damaged Hair. It is a Phyto something product.

It's suppose to be Genuine Red Palm Oil and some butters and other stuff. It has a Nice Lemony Smell. It was already in my Stash.:lick:

I prolly only have about 2-3 more uses left.

I will do HOTs with it until I use it up.:grin:

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Lita

Girl..What do you know about Red Palm Oil?:ohwell:

I found a Jar of Red Palm Oil (stuff) that is suppose to be used as a Pre-Poo for very Dry & Damaged Hair. It is a Phyto something product.

It's suppose to be Genuine Red Palm Oil and some butters and other stuff. It has a Nice Lemony Smell. It was already in my Stash.:lick:

I prolly only have about 2-3 more uses left.

I will do HOTs with it until I use it up.:grin:

IDareT'sHair Hi! Yes,I use red palm oil from time-time..I like to add it to cond & poos that didint work so well.....

I have used it as a hot oil..Talk about smooth hair..Love it!
I have used it as a pre poo it was OK! WORKS BEST AS A HOT OIL..You get the full benefits/especially if you have dry brittle hair...

Happy Hair Growing!

@IDareT'sHair Hi! Yes,I use red palm oil from time-time..I like to add it to cond & poos that didint work so well.....

I have used it as a pre poo it was OK! WORKS BEST AS A HOT OIL..You get the full benefits/especially if you have dry brittle hair...

Happy Hair Growing!

@Lita

Thanks And I Yes Do!:lol: (Dry, Brittle, Damaged:look:) I will be using it as a HOT. (pulls out heat cap)

It's in a Jar and looks more like a Butter.:perplexed Smells Good tho'.

I wish I'd quit finding stuff tho':rolleyes:

@Lita

Thanks And I Yes Do!:lol: (Dry, Brittle, Damaged:look:) I will be using it as a HOT. (pulls out heat cap)

It's in a Jar and looks more like a Butter.:perplexed Smells Good tho'.

I wish I'd quit finding stuff tho':rolleyes:

IDareT'sHair You know I'm a Oil,Dc,Butter & Pomade JUNKIE.....

Happy Hair Growing!

Applied my sulfure mix which consists of 1 HEAPING table spoon of sulfur in 8 oz. of WGO, JBCO, and regular CO.

Applied all over the scalp and massaged in. Applied my DC of choice to the length of my hair, plopped a cap on with a foil self-heating cap on top.

Rinsed my hair, and threw some shameful ceely braids in that will most likely turn into a braid-out bun...

I applied my sulfur oil to my scalp then slathered on my Shea butter mix. My hair is still super soft and shiny. I'm putting it in a chignon tomorrow.

Off topic: I am going to be BSL by December!!!

@IDareT'sHair Hi! Yes,I use red palm oil from time-time..I like to add it to cond & poos that didint work so well.....

Happy Hair Growing!
Lita, did you use the palm oil as a prepoo with no heat? And you're saying it works best with heat?
My heat cap's at home right now, so I might have to use a shower cap with hot water over it lol (in my shower).

Also, how do you avoid 'greasy' hair with red palm oil? I've used it before and my hair was really smooth, but oilyyy. This is to the HOT ladies in general :wink2:. If you're using these oils or butters before washing your hair, how do you get all of it out of your hair? Or do you purposely leave some in?..

bb09 - I used the red palm oil as a prepoo. I would warm it, apply it and leave it on for a while. Then I would do my regular wash routine. I found it to be extremely oily and it worked best for me like this. I loved it.

Brownie518 -Did you heat it up (microwave) to warm it? What's your regular wash routine?

I don't mean to hijack lol. I'm not actually part of the challenge. If I can make things work, I might join :grin:

Lita, did you use the palm oil as a prepoo with no heat? And you're saying it works best with heat?
My heat cap's at home right now, so I might have to use a shower cap with hot water over it lol (in my shower).

Also, how do you avoid 'greasy' hair with red palm oil? I've used it before and my hair was really smooth, but oilyyy. This is to the HOT ladies in general :wink2:. If you're using these oils or butters before washing your hair, how do you get all of it out of your hair? Or do you purposely leave some in?..

bb09 Hi! When washing out the oils/Use hot water/warm/cool in that order...
*I like it better as a hot treatment..My hair feels so soft & smooth...
*If you decide to use it to seal..Remember a little goes a long way...

Happy Hair Growing!

Brownie518 -Did you heat it up (microwave) to warm it? What's your regular wash routine?

I don't mean to hijack lol. I'm not actually part of the challenge. If I can make things work, I might join :grin:

bb09 No Hijack..Come & join..WELCOME!

Happy Hair Growing!

I've been MIA working the dry scalp drama, but back with oiling. I mix aloevera gel, jojoba, (eo: tea tree, peppermint, rosemary).

Did my M&S Regi with Hydratherma Naturals today and this evening.

Will do a Hot with that Phyto Palm Oil Pre-Poo stuff tomorrow and will co-cleanse with Bear Fruit Hair's Yarrow Conditioning Cleansing Cream.

Will use:
Red Palm Oil
Pure Argan
Hydratherma Naturals Oil(s) for tomorrow's Wash Day

Using some Sally's Argan oil my sister gave me in my DC.

@Brownie518 -Did you heat it up (microwave) to warm it? What's your regular wash routine?

bb09 - yeah I heated it up in the microwave. :yep: My normal routine is to prepoo, wash, and then DC. It worked really well when I added it in. I leave my prepoo and DC in for at least an hour, usually longer cuz I end up doing things.

I just caught wind of this challenge, but this week when i washed, i sprinkled some EVOO on my hair after conditioning and before detangling. It really helped me detangle one side (I dont think the other got as much oil.

I'm going to try this again, maybe with EVOO or maybe with grapeseed

I'v been lazy the past few weeks, but I'm back on track. Today I washed, DC'd, blowdryed then oiled my hair and scalp with almond oil then sealed with JBCO.

Evening Hair Lovelies......:wave:

Sitting under my Mastex Heat Cap with this Red Palm Oil Butter Pre-Poo Stuff.

Will leave it on about 20 minutes and then Co-Cleanse.:yep:

Will also use Pure Argan with my L-I under the dryer

And will Moisturize and Seal with Hydratherma Naturals Lotion & Oil.:lick:

@bb09 No Hijack..Come & join..WELCOME!

Happy Hair Growing!
Aw thanks Lita. I can't join though, 'cause so far, it's definitely not working for me lol. The only thing I have to contribute to this thread is, rice bran oil, Can lead to tangly hair when left in, or used as an oil rinse. It definitely has some kind of protein-properties.

I'm trying out walnut oil now :yep:

Just oiled my ends with grapeseed oil and gave myself a quick scalp massage as well. Using up my 16oz bottle for everything it's worth - then it's on to macadamia oil.

I re-moisturize my braids/hair with water & BF desert leave-in/Rice bran & Sesame seed mix on length/NB pomade on ends....Brahmi oil on my scalp/JBCO applied to my edges...

Happy Hair Growing!

Hi Ladies,

I am ready to join this challenge. I have a few combinations of oils now I have been trying and stumbling through. I am interested in to learn more. Today I am going to hot oil pre poo with a combinatin of jojaba/castor/rosehip oils and almond/coconut/mango butter. I have experimented with a bit of glycerin added to the mix and so far has given me a nice balanced moist very low on the tangle situation. I follow with conditioner wash oilcon rinse then acv.
These oil prepoo's has helped since I now wash in braids. Do I understand correct that rice bran, is a protein oil?
I have been oil rinsing with grapeseed and seal with a cranberry butter recipe. I also have a 4 butter prepoo. I alternate scalp massage with a rosemary recipe and a sulpur recipe. I never used those before. Thought they would be to oily on scalp but co wash and acv has helped prevent any build up there. Working on reclaiming volume after long shed experience.

Thanks to all. Lets grow long!!!

Last edited:

think i over oiled with grapeseed oil last night but hey as long it's not dripping ;)

I'll be washing later on so I just oiled up with my Mozeke Amla Herbal Infusion oil.

Back