HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

IDareT'sHair, I'm not doing it my edges are itchy bad,:nono: shedding so off of the oils for me until I see doctor. :nono: i would have done the oil rinse, that has been posted by older thread.

Ltown Sorry about your shedding...Going to your doctor is the right choice/Complete blood work in def in order..Keep us posted!

Happy Hair Growing!

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Lita

Sounds like you're really having some great results! :grin:

Keep Up the Good Work!:huggle:

Lita

Sounds like you're really having some great results! :grin:

Keep Up the Good Work!:huggle:

IDareT'sHair Thanks,I'm just trying to thicken it up as much as I can....

*Sticking with products that really work & no exceptions...

Happy Hair Growing!

Ltown

So, it seems like all this started with that Pimento Oil....right?:blush:

IDareT'sHair, some from pimento but the edges are surprising because i not didn't use it there but most likely it from coloring my edge. Its strange but thinning is in the temple on both sides, it is dry flakes and itching, hopefully just dermatitis.

Lita, i don't have any other symptons for blood work but I will keep you both posted and thanks for the concerns.

Oiled my scalp with JBCO+peppermint oil

sealed ends with One n Only Argan oil...man I love this stuff..my hair is sooo soft. i didn't even need to moisturize today...

I got my Safflower oil tonight, added it to my mix of EVOO, Grapeseed, Coconut, Castor Oil and jojoba...still keeping my ends moist!!

Did a HOT with shea moisture organic raw shea butter reconstructive elixir. I shampooed that out with old Creme of nature old shampoo,added Tigi dumb blonde reconstructor,mixed with moroccanoil hydrating treatment,and sprayed my whole head with the shea moisture elixir again. That is an awesome oil!!! I'm going to go switch out my shine mist for another one tomorrow!

I'm in. I added evoo to my conditioner this week and my hair feels so good this week. Can't wait to try it!

I'm in. I added evoo to my conditioner this week and my hair feels so good this week. Can't wait to try it!

caringangel Hi Girl!

:welcome3:

Please come back and post what Oil(s) you'll be using if any other than Olive Oil.

Are you just adding to your Conditioners or will you also be Sealing and/or doing Hot Oil Treatments?:yep:

I just started using peppermint oil tonight for the first time. It made my scalp tingle. And best of all it covers up the smell of the JBCO. I've been sleeping on this peppermint oil :drunk: :spinning:

I oiled my scalp with Claudie's Elixir last night.

Moisturized & Sealed with Hydratherma Naturals Lotion and Oil twice today.

hi ladies!

guess what?

i've noticed that since using that concoction i made a few weeks ago (the one i wrote about with the coffee beans, onion, garlic, hot pepper, and cinnamon oil infusion with added eo's) i get these feelings like my scalp itches, but when i go to scratch it, it's not the least bit itchy where it had felt like it needed scratching.

well, someone explained to me that those are the "pangs of growth", lol!

well, i've definitely seen an improvement on my edges!!!! yay!!!

of course, i also attribute that to the increased oil rinses, oils in cd's, overnight oils, etc...

gosh, i love this thread!

hhj ladies!

IDareT'sHair, and Lita

I went to the doctor it is seborreheic dermatitis, I was given stronger shampoo and a cream for the rash on my temple. Just one day it's so much better, I'm on my way to a fast recovery. I'm sure the temple is from dying because I never used the oil there, just don't know which dye. Bigen, henna and indigo can have PPD, I've been using bigen for years so who knows I'm just happy no itching. I'll have to use temporary dye to cover my grays for now. This challenge ends tomorrow right? Well I use my oils on ends and keep it moving. thanks ladies!

IDareT'sHair, and Lita

I went to the doctor it is seborreheic dermatitis, I was given stronger shampoo and a cream for the rash on my temple. Just one day it's so much better, I'm on my way to a fast recovery. I'm sure the temple is from dying because I never used the oil there, just don't know which dye. Bigen, henna and indigo can have PPD, I've been using bigen for years so who knows I'm just happy no itching. I'll have to use temporary dye to cover my grays for now. This challenge ends tomorrow right? Well I use my oils on ends and keep it moving. thanks ladies!

Ltown
Glad your getting some relief & your scalp feels better...Keep the oil on your ends ONLY & be-careful with any-thing you apply to the scalp/Don't want a repeat...

Happy Hair Growing!

I steamed with sweet almond oil last night. I do like the sweet almond oil but I like the grapeseed oil more.

Moisturized & Sealed with Hydratherma Naturals

When I washed last night, I used my mix of CoCasta, Amla, and Garlic oils with some CPR for my prepoo. I've been using either HTN oil or my mix of Emu, Argan, Walnut, etc to seal with.

Will Use Pure Argan with my Leave In under dryer

Once Dry will M & S with Hydratherma Naturals Lotion and Oil

I am really,really digging this shea moisture reconstructive elixir. The first ingredient is shea oil,then argan oil,i believe. Anyhoo, it is mostly all oils. I love it so much,so far. I went and bought two more yesterday. It is the only oil product I have been using since I bought it. I have to be careful not to over do it with this. I get spray happy,and that causes more product than I think to be dispensed. I dont realize it until i touch my hair,and I'm like, whoa! I just slap on a processing cap and let it be a HOT when that happens. :yep: . So I did a HOT with the elixir yesterday,rinsed this morning. Moisturized,then sealed with the elixir again,focusing on my ends. I have been dc'ing back to back to stop some breakage. It has stopped almost completely. I'm very happy!

@JerriBlank

Nice Post Girl.:grin:

Glad you got that Breakage Under Control. I wasn't even curious in Shea Moisture Products until you mentioned this Exlir.:ohwell:

.........:look:

Ingredients to the shea moisture reconstructive elixir:

Butyrospermum Parkii Oil (Shea Butter), Argan Oil, Vegetable Squalane, Carrot Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Avocado Oil, Castor Oil, Sebacic Acid, Sea Kelp Extract, Essential Oil Blend, Lonicera Caprifolium Flower and Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract (Honeysuckle and Japanese Honeysuckle),Tocopherol (Vitamin E)

IDareT'sHair,I came in here running off at the mouthpiece huh? :lol:
I'm utterly terrified of breakage,so I had to nip that in the bud. Very scary. Honestly,that elixir on top of the tigi dumb blonde,mixed with the moroccanoil hydrating treatment made the biggest difference.

Last edited:

JerriBlank

I love Dumb Blonde Reconstructor.:grin:

Glad you Put the Brakes on Breakage. That's no fun.:nono:

I am really,really digging this shea moisture reconstructive elixir. The first ingredient is shea oil,then argan oil,i believe. Anyhoo, it is mostly all oils. I love it so much,so far. I went and bought two more yesterday. It is the only oil product I have been using since I bought it. I have to be careful not to over do it with this. I get spray happy,and that causes more product than I think to be dispensed. I dont realize it until i touch my hair,and I'm like, whoa! I just slap on a processing cap and let it be a HOT when that happens. :yep: . So I did a HOT with the elixir yesterday,rinsed this morning. Moisturized,then sealed with the elixir again,focusing on my ends. I have been dc'ing back to back to stop some breakage. It has stopped almost completely. I'm very happy!

I have this elixir and have had it for a while. You've got me wanting to use it right now. But, I need to focus. I'm trying to use up sweet almond oil bc it's aight but I don't have to have it. I'm also trying to use up Komaza's Moku Serum. Although it has fantastic ingredients they discontinued it for some reason :nono:. So until then.....I can live vicariously through your posts :grin:.

I am doing my first henna treatment in over 6 weeks. Oil rinses been keeping me straight in the interim. I mixed up 6 oz henna powder, 2 oz amla powder, 10 oz hibiscus fenugreek tea, 1 beaten egg, 1 tablespoon aloe vera juice, 6 tablespoon mustard oil, 6 tablespoon gallberry honey. I used dulhan henna so it should dye release within 1.5 to 2 hours.

Yep, its a strange mix but lots of oil, honey and egg makes an easy wash out for me. I spray my hair with distilled water, apply the paste, double baggy, use a terry cloth headband on edges for drips. I will take a hot shower, cover my pillow with an old towel and go to bed cuz Ise tired!

I am doing my first henna treatment in over 6 weeks. Oil rinses been keeping me straight in the interim. I mixed up 6 oz henna powder, 2 oz amla powder, 10 oz hibiscus fenugreek tea, 1 beaten egg, 1 tablespoon aloe vera juice, 6 tablespoon mustard oil, 6 tablespoon gallberry honey. I used dulhan henna so it should dye release within 1.5 to 2 hours.

Yep, its a strange mix but lots of oil, honey and egg makes an easy wash out for me. I spray my hair with distilled water, apply the paste, double baggy, use a terry cloth headband on edges for drips. I will take a hot shower, cover my pillow with an old towel and go to bed cuz Ise tired!

choctaw

Girl...Please come back and let us know how it turns out!:grin: TTYL!

Did a hot then an oil rinse with sweet almond oil.

Back