HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

@Lita They call it a "reconstructive elixir" for hair that's dry/damaged hair. It has Argan oil, sea kelp and Shea butter. I just loooove the scent.

I've been co-washing with their conditioner too, and I purchased a shampoo as well.

@prettyhair73 I have not tried that...Is it moisturizing?

Happy Hair Growing!

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Oiled edges & PARTS with JBCO-Morning......

Happy Hair Growing!

Did an impromptu oil rinse with olive oil this morning before work. My hair feels so soft! It's amazing what a little oil can do...:look:

Here are some pix I posted in another thread this morning:

Attachments

• BPuff 1.JPG
    BPuff 1.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 19
  • BPuff 2.JPG
    BPuff 2.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 21
  • BPuff 3.JPG
    BPuff 3.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 18

Did an impromptu oil rinse with olive oil this morning before work. My hair feels so soft! It's amazing what a little oil can do...:look:

Here are some pix I posted in another thread this morning:

Ms_CoCo37 Not only does it look soft/looks nice & fluffy too!

Happy Hair Growing!

@Ms_CoCo37 Not only does it look soft/looks nice & fluffy too!

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita, Thanks! I really need to try incorporating these rinses more regularly. It was so much easier to detangle this morning.

BTW, your hair is to die for!:love:

Lita, Thanks! I really need to try incorporating these rinses more regularly. It was so much easier to detangle this morning.

BTW, your hair is to die for!:love:

Ms_CoCo37

Awwww,Thank You!

Happy Hair Growing!

Wow, i feel better about my 5 oils, :lol: are some of these mostly EO I have alot too.?

I didnt list my eo's :perplexed:

Cowashed w/Aussie Moist, oiled my scalp n sealed w/Cocasta.

Hey Lovely Ladies.....:wave:

Sitting here under my Mastex Heat Cap with some EVOO doin' a HOT. Used up a EVOO. I have another Bottle tho'.:look:

Will Co-Cleanse with BFH Yarrow, do a Reconstructor and DC w/Steam.

Will finish up with Pure Argan Oil and a little HTN Oil.

My hair loves oil! It has grown a lot just since my BC. I've been oiling my scalp with my MTG oil mix and Megatek (alternating one on one day, one on the other) every other night, applying macadamia, grapeseed, hemp seed, coconut, Ayurvedic oils as needed to seal over my moisturizers.

On a mission to stock up on oils & butters of all kinds and varieties for body, hair. Haven't done a HOT in a while, but thas on the list for nxt wk.

The retention is def. on point! I will be WL by summer 2012 if this keeps up along with PS'ing!

Thank ya Lord for LHCF and the other natural hair sites! Learning new hair care techniques is such fun! :yep:

Last edited:

Jewell

Beautiful Testimony Jewell.:kiss: I hope we all reach our Hair Goals.

Thank you so much for sharing that.:yep:

i have some rose hip seed oil, hemp seed, coconut and black currant seed oil i will be mixing in my deep conditioners.
i am already have success with kbb mask mixed with hemp and evoo.

Re-moisturize my bang BF leave-in & little water/Brahmi on scalp/Sealed with Sesame seed oil..

Happy Hair Growing!

Still oiling with HTN and evoo,evco, avc.

Will oil my hair with sweet almond oil and leave in overnight

Just SATURATED my hair with EVCO, EVOO & Safflower - doing an overnight HOT!

M&S with Hydratherma Naturals Lotion and Oil

i finally found some Vatika oil!!!

ok, i won't tell you how many stores i had to go to to find it, but i'm sooooo happy i did because after putting it on my dry hair, it melted my tangles in a flash!

plus it smells good, too!

vatika is gonna have to stay in my regular lineup, lol!

@grow

Glad you found it Grow. Did you go to an Indian Store? How will you use it ?

Will you use it for sealing?

Will oil my hair with sweet almond oil and leave in overnight

Didn't do that after all :giggle:. Got up this morning put some shikaki oil in and doing a HOT right now. Will rinse, do tea rinse (fenugreek & kalpi tone), and follow with a cowash.

I did a HOT the other day with Safflower oil. Very nice.
Last night I oiled my hair with Grapeseed oil and left it for a while, before washing. Grapeseed is a new favorite.

@grow

Glad you found it Grow. Did you go to an Indian Store? How will you use it ?

Will you use it for sealing?

honey, i went to the indian store, the cinese store, the turkish store and finally found it at an international food store.:lachen:
(of course, going to all the other stores, i picked up lots of other goodies, hehehe!)

what i did was put some in the palm of my hand (had to put the bottle in hot water to melt it first...thick stuff) then i patted that into my hair which was parted down the middle. (to make sure i get the roots of the crown....one of my driest, toughest spots)

in the future, i'd like to apply it to the scalp directly because of all of those healthy ingredients it has.:yep:

i'm only baggy bunning, so at 13 weeks into my stretch, i think i'll seal with jbco, because it's heavier.
maybe after i perm, i'll be able to seal with the vatika, but i haven't tried it yet.

oh, and guess what y'all?!

i made some shikakai oil yesterday with evoo, mustard, coconut and sesame oils in jar of 7 tbsp of shikakai!:lick:

i also got some bay leaves, curry leaves, cloves, dried gotu kola, and cinnamon sticks thats all marinating in individual jars with evoo!:rolleyes::lick:

@grow

WOW Grow! You are becoming Quite the Mix-Master! What a Mixtress!:lol:

Let us know the results of your latest "Recipe".:yep:

IDareT'sHair, thank you sugar!

this started because of bare necessity, having such a difficult time finding the oils here and being tired of ordering everything online.

now, i'm enjoying them all at the same time because what i do is:

after they are infused, i get an applicator bottle and a funnel and put 3 tbsp of all my infused oils in (like maka, coffee, brahmi, fenugreek, nettle, horsetail, etc.), then i put my other store bought oils in (like the jbco, wgo, mustard, etc.).

so i mix them all together in one convenient bottle.
if i need one specific oil, it's in it's own container, otherwise i get this applicator bottle and spritz it into my dc's, on my scalp at night, in my ayurvedic pastes, as my oil rinse etc.

it's actually this thread that got me doing that because there are so many ways the ladies use the oils and i love all these oils too much to favor just one! lol!

hhj ladies!

Question, how are you guys doing the thing were you say AvaSpeaks and it connects to the link? What exactly are you guys doing?

After my wash day routine I M&S with hemp oil. I'm going to go back a few pages to see what mixes you ladies raved about to try since I'm out of my usual mix.

Back