HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Will oil my ends either tonight or tomorrow morning. or both :lick:

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

oh and I'm using One n Only Argan Oil to seal

Tonight I washed & Dc my bang/Sealed with Rice bran & Sesame seed...On the rest of my scalp oiled with Brahmi & re-sealed (my length) with Rice bran & Sesame seed/applied Njoi creations pomade on ends...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita, hope you had a blessed and joyous time. Please drop me a PM when you have a moment (no rush). I would love to hear about the retreat.

IDareT'sHair divachyk Yes,I had a blessed time....We went to a Amish Village & to see a play about Joseph....

*To see in person how the Amish live is breathtaking,Simple but fulfilling..How they appreciate nature & life itself....

Happy Hair Growing!

I dc'ed yesterday,and before I washed it out, oiled my hair with coconut oil,and let it sit for thirty minutes w/ my foil cap on. I don't know what it's called,but I like it. I didn't think I would like coconut oil on its own like that,but I do. Glad I tried it.

I dc'ed yesterday,and before I washed it out, oiled my hair with coconut oil,and let it sit for thirty minutes w/ my foil cap on. I don't know what it's called,but I like it. I didn't think I would like coconut oil on its own like that,but I do. Glad I tried it.

JerriBlank - I do that a lot, also. Put the oil on top of the DC. :yep: It works great for me, too!!!

Brownie518, I've never used coconut oil before,buy my mom bought it and gave it to me. I've never really oiled hair that had dc on it already,but this challenge makes me think of new ways to use oil. I'm very happy I did that!

Last edited:

I stroke it rich with avacodo oil yesterday at TJ max 100% pure oil forr $6.99 and another for $9.99 I had to get them all, it's hard to find it locally. I oil my scalp with (coconut,avacodo,evoo). My dd has very dried scalp and I have her using the mix too!

Brownie518, have you use the walnut oil yet?

So I am on staycation next week and will probably make a trip to WF. Does anyone know if I can get sunflower, safflower, and hemp seed oil there? I'm not trying to go to a bunch of different places. TIA.

Moisturizing & Sealing with Hydratherma Naturals

I stroke it rich with avacodo oil yesterday at TJ max 100% pure oil forr $6.99 and another for $9.99 I had to get them all, it's hard to find it locally. I oil my scalp with (coconut,avacodo,evoo). My dd has very dried scalp and I have her using the mix too!

@Brownie518, have you use the walnut oil yet?

Ltown - Hey! Yes, I did a HOT with it the other day and also used it to seal. I love it! :yep:

I have been using my new oil mix with the Argan, Emu, Walnut, Hemp and it is really making my hair feel so good. Nice and soft. I put a little on after taking off my scarf.

So I am on staycation next week and will probably make a trip to WF. Does anyone know if I can get sunflower, safflower, and hemp seed oil there? I'm not trying to go to a bunch of different places. TIA.

Shay72 Yes,WF should have it in the cooking section (foods)......Or you can try a natural store in the cooking section....

Happy Hair Growing!

Eisani

Girl....Come On Over Here with Us and Use up them Oils!:lol:

This is the Thread/Challenge for You!:grin:

Did a pre poo with Mahabhringraj oil/applied Brahmi paste mixed with Pumpkin seed oil & TW con 15min/Rinsed with BF Cotton cleanser/Dc with Argan Moisturizing con on length & Nioxin #8 on scalp 20 min..My hair feels soft & full....Sealed with Sesame & Argan oil/On scalp Brahmi oil....Njoi Creations pomade on ends..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Lita

Lita.... :lick:I am loving those BFH Cleansing Conditioners....:love:

What do You think?

Ladies....I received a couple PM's from Ladies that would like to see our HOTs (Oil Challenge) continue for a 2nd Leg.

Are you all interested in Oiling May - July?:grin:

Let's Discussed. I still have Oils to use up, so I'm all for going another 3 months.

What do you all think?

Ladies....I received a couple PM's from Ladies that would like to see our HOTs (Oil Challenge) continue for a 2nd Leg.

Let's Discussed. I still have Oils to use up, so I'm all for going another 3 months.

What do you all think?

im in!!! i think this would be good for my summer growth spurt

Lita

Lita.... :lick:I am loving those BFH Cleansing Conditioners....:love:

What do You think?

IDareT'sHair Yes,I'm loving them too..I was thinking about may-be using the yarrow cleanser/rinse/then seal with oil/No Dc...Just to see how my hair would respond...

Happy Hair Growing!

What do you all think?

IDareT'sHair I'm in..This way I will use all my oils..(For Sure)

Happy Hair Growing!

@IDareT'sHair Yes,I'm loving them too..I was thinking about may-be using the yarrow cleanser/rinse/then seal with oil/No Dc...Just to see how my hair would respond...

Happy Hair Growing!

@Lita

Interesting:ohwell: Lemme Know if you try it. The Yarrow and the Cotton Marshmallow both are very Moisturizing. Not sure how this would work.

@IDareT'sHair I'm in..This way I will use all my oils..(For Sure)Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

We'll see what a couple more Ladies think and then we'll do May 1st through July 31st.

IDareT'sHair, great idea! I'm so in.
Also,is anyone that recently started oil rinsing noticing that sealing with an oil is not as necessary as before? I sure am! It's crazy,but now I am only faithfully sealing with an oil once a day instead of twice! I love that!

@Lita

Interesting:ohwell: Lemme Know if you try it. The Yarrow and the Cotton Marshmallow both are very Moisturizing. Not sure how this would work.

IDareT'sHair When I try it/I'll just do my bang..This way if I don't like it I can rinse it out..No Damage done...

Happy Hair Growing!

@Eisani

Girl....Come On Over Here with Us and Use up them Oils!:lol:

This is the Thread/Challenge for You!:grin:
:lol: these mentions are tickling me. I looked around like, where am I? I feel like I walked into an intervention.

:lol: these mentions are tickling me. I looked around like, where am I? I feel like I walked into an intervention.

@Eisani

Girl, Go On Pull those Oils out. :blush:

We're ALL Committed to use up our Oil Stashes. And everyone has great recipes and uses for Oils.

So....Come On In!:lol: We'll have that Stash down by Fall.

Girl...We Uses Some Oils Up in Here!:lol:

Back