HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

@Ltown - I'll do what I usually do...I'll mix some of it but first I'll try it on its own, see how it does solo. :yep:

Brownie, I still have walnut left and a little of all the oils common mistake for a PJ don't know what she got:lachen::lachen:.

:lol: Hmph, I make that 'common mistake' all the time, too! All this stuff I got in here...I've been dying to try that Walnut oil, though. :yep:

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Yesterday pre poo my bang with Brahmi oil 4hrs/wash bang BF cotton poo/Dc bang pistachio con 1hr/put nioxin#8 on roots before rinse/on roots applied sesame seed & sealed length canola oil....silky full bang..

Happy Hair Growing!

yes, that sesame seed oil is the business!!!

i'm so glad i read about it on here, because i'd never really considered it before....just like with the mustard seed oil.

and i can get them both locally and inexpensively at the indian stores! what a blessing!

well, last night's oil rinses, cw'es, and oil washes got my indigo out very very well.

i bagged overnight and had damp hair this morning and unlike most mornings when it would dry to be crispy, it dried soft and supple.

AMAZING given the fact that i did a henna and an indigo! i've heard so many complain of the dryness, i expected it to be crispy, like usual, so i'm very relieved to find how well these oils work.

the more i implement them into my entire haircare system, the better my hair feels!

hhj ladies and thanks again for all the helpful advice!

grow Yes,I love Sesame seed oil on the roots & length..But,mostly applied to my roots (excellent at providing scalp health) also,has great detangleing abilities...(HELPS WITH SHEDDING)

*The + side I can find it locally too

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita, thanks!

it's good for shedding, too?!

there's yet another tidbit i didn't get the first time! (i only got the part about it helping detangle and given the chunkiness of henna/indigo, knew i needed detangling assistance)

so now i have yet another good reason to keep it in the rotation!

why didn't i get that before....hmmm....it's like my brain can only abosrb a certain amount of new information at a time.

thank goodness we repeat things ladies because all this new information takes a while to sink in!

oh, and a few pages back, i gotta also congratulate and thank op for putting up pics of natural hair pre oil rinsing and after 1 month of oil rinsing!!!

those pics speak thousands of words! .....and yes, her curl definition, especially on the ends, became much more pronounced!

beautiful results!!!!

(has me wondering....now exactly how many oil rinses was she doing a week?)

hhj ladies!

I have sweet almond oil in with a plastic cap on. Will rinse and follow up with a cowash.

i was reading in a thread where someone said oil is protein.

have you ladies ever heard that?

t.i.a.

i was reading in a thread where someone said oil is protein.

have you ladies ever heard that?

t.i.a.

Grow that was a big topic in ceramides thread. Oil is not a protein but nuts are protein in their original shape so some make mistaken that for oils being protein.

Moisturized and Sealed with Hydratherma Naturals Lotion & Oil

Next Wash Day, I'll pull out either EVCO or EVOO and my Mastex Heat Cap.

Hey yall, havent checked in for a while, and I wanted to update since I tweaked my regimen a bit and added new products. This evening I did a clarifying ACV/water rinse, and this was my first time doing that EVER. My hair loved it! Hair felt so clean and my curls were more defined, without applying shampoo! (Usually I apply diluted shampoo to my scalp and hair, but this time only applied to scalp to cleanse away all the oil/sulfur).

Followed up the ACV rinse with Roux Porosity Control (gr8 results), Nexxus Phyto Organics Babassu Mud Hair Revitalizing Trtmnt (protein), Shea Moisture Deep Trtmnt Mask (moisture), then left in a cheapie--White Rain Cuke/Melon Cond. This was my first time leaving in a conditioner and not rinsing it out...and I like the results! (I got the cue to try this from CelinaStarr, who is my hair inspiration)! I was going to do an oil rinse after the left in cheapie cond, but I like to add my oils after my leave-in creams so the creams can penetrate first, and the oils are to seal them in.

I applied my MTG oil mix to my scalp, as well as Megatek, and massaged in. Then, applied hemp seed, Shikakai, Amla, and Hot 6 oils to hair after leave-in creams were in (yep, all of em, cuz my hair loves oil). Combed thru (very little hair shed/lost in detangling), gelled back into wet bun, and thas it. This will be my regimen weekly for everything except the Roux. I will do Roux every other week to once a month, and alternate doing oil rinses every other week.

So far I've been using grape seed, hemp seed, Hot 6 Oil, and ayurvedic oils...but I'm waiting on an order of sweet almond, avocado, jojoba, and safflower oils. :lick: The PJ is surely creeping back up after being suppressed forcefully for the past 4 years! I was doing good...[sigh]

Last edited:

Doing a overnight pre poo with Brahmi oil.....On Entire Scalp (Hair)....On ends JBCO & Wheat germ oil..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Oiled my scalp with Claudie's Elixir.

Monday morning I oiled my scalp with my vatika/omega 3,6,&9/ argan oil blend. I meant to wash it out that night,but ended up sleeping in it and rinsing it out the next morning. I co washed with Oyin honey hemp condish. My hair felt good,so I didn't use a moisturizer until later that night. I'm taking these durn three quarters head full of braids down too. :look:

The PJ is surely creeping back up after being suppressed forcefully for the past 4 years! I was doing good...[sigh]

Jewell

Glad you're back.:yep: Thanks for posting.

Keep the PJ-ism at bay.:yep:

I washed my hair with WEN tea tree oil, air dried then moisturized my hair and scalp with Pantene oil cream and sealed with JBCO.

i want to start oiling my hair lightly like 2-3 times a week. probably with coconut oil. but i dont know if thatll weigh my hair down and mess up my braid out. ill try tomorrow.

Monday morning I oiled my scalp with my vatika/omega 3,6,&9/ argan oil blend. I meant to wash it out that night,but ended up sleeping in it and rinsing it out the next morning. I co washed with Oyin honey hemp condish. My hair felt good,so I didn't use a moisturizer until later that night. I'm taking these durn three quarters head full of braids down too. :look:

JerriBlank

I had this Oil before and I absolutely Loved it. It was an Essential Fatty Acids Oil (Omega 3,6,9) I got from Mountain Rose Herbs.:yep:

IDareT'sHair, I mix that oil in everything!!! I got mine from whole foods. What ingredients were in yours if you remember?

@IDareT'sHair, I mix that oil in everything!!! I got mine from whole foods. What ingredients were in yours if you remember?

JerriBlank

I don't.:perplexed (at bolded) But it's prolly still on the Mountain Rose Herbs website. I think Olive Oil was the base in it tho'. I loved it.:lick:

Glad to know you can pick it up at Whole Foods.:yep: Once I determine what I'm keeping (as far as Oils) I may pick this one up again.

I can tell when I love something, I use it up fast.:blush: Like my Grape Seed, Avacado and Hemp Seed oils (which I've never replaced):sad:

I'm doing an overnight pre-shampoo treatment with my medicated scalp oil. I put some of the Cholesterol that you can get from Sally's mixed with some coconut oil on my hair. Will wash it out tomorrow morning and oil my scalp with either the Qhemet Amla Pomade or the Heavy Cream.

About to oil my hair with sweet almond oil then steam with it.

About to oil my hair with sweet almond oil then steam with it.

Shay72

Hey Shay, how are you doing this? Are you doing it on dry hair OR are you doing it on freshly co-washed hair?

How are you Steaming in your Oils?:yep:

Jewell What does the Roux do for your hair?? Nice regimen!

Hey yall, havent checked in for a while, and I wanted to update since I tweaked my regimen a bit and added new products. This evening I did a clarifying ACV/water rinse, and this was my first time doing that EVER. My hair loved it! Hair felt so clean and my curls were more defined, without applying shampoo! (Usually I apply diluted shampoo to my scalp and hair, but this time only applied to scalp to cleanse away all the oil/sulfur).

Followed up the ACV rinse with Roux Porosity Control (gr8 results), Nexxus Phyto Organics Babassu Mud Hair Revitalizing Trtmnt (protein), Shea Moisture Deep Trtmnt Mask (moisture), then left in a cheapie--White Rain Cuke/Melon Cond. This was my first time leaving in a conditioner and not rinsing it out...and I like the results! (I got the cue to try this from CelinaStarr, who is my hair inspiration)! I was going to do an oil rinse after the left in cheapie cond, but I like to add my oils after my leave-in creams so the creams can penetrate first, and the oils are to seal them in.

I applied my MTG oil mix to my scalp, as well as Megatek, and massaged in. Then, applied hemp seed, Shikakai, Amla, and Hot 6 oils to hair after leave-in creams were in (yep, all of em, cuz my hair loves oil). Combed thru (very little hair shed/lost in detangling), gelled back into wet bun, and thas it. This will be my regimen weekly for everything except the Roux. I will do Roux every other week to once a month, and alternate doing oil rinses every other week.

So far I've been using grape seed, hemp seed, Hot 6 Oil, and ayurvedic oils...but I'm waiting on an order of sweet almond, avocado, jojoba, and safflower oils. :lick: The PJ is surely creeping back up after being suppressed forcefully for the past 4 years! I was doing good...[sigh]

After my 14 hr pre poo (plastic cap/hat) with Brahmi on scalp & JBCO,Wheat germ on length/wash Keracare sulfate free poo/Dc with RedKen 1hr/Nioxin #8 con on scalp 2min/Rinsed with BF Pistachio con..Sealed with Argan & Sesame seed oil..Then applied a little Sesame,Brahmi oil on my scalp....

*Nioxin smooth silk.to blow-dry & lite flat ion...I have 2 upcoming events....

Happy Hair Growing!

I've been using castor oil to heal the scalp and it's working fast but it's sticky to the hair. I infuse some nettle/horsetail in coconut,evoo and avacodo oil on monday will start using that soon.

Hot six oil had been my go to this week. I finally got my sunflower oil and argan oil and I'm going to pre poo with it tomorrow. Might mix it with some evoo.

Brownie518, Olivado Omega Plus.The ingredients are only cold pressed olive,avocado,and flaxseed oils though. You can probably make that. :lol:. I know I wouldn't get the measurements right,so I just buy it.:yep:

Back