HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

I so fell off of this :nono: See this is what happens, I see progress and then for some reason, I get ahead of myself and fall off the wagon!

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

@Shay72

Hey Shay, how are you doing this? Are you doing it on dry hair OR are you doing it on freshly co-washed hair?

How are you Steaming in your Oils?:yep:

If I remember I dampen my hair first then apply the oil but this rarely happens so it is on dry hair. I am getting under the huetiful steamer with nothing on my head and just the oil in my hair.

Getting Ready to do my evening Hydratherma Regi. Spritz in Follicle Booster, apply Protein L-I, Lotion and seal everything in with HTN Oil.

I just oiled up with Claudie's Montego Bay Oil :yep:

Last night I did a HOT with my ceramide mix. :lick:

@Brownie518

Hi Ms. B!:wave:

How's that Montego Bay Oil?:lick: Sounds good.

What all is in that? (If you don't mind me askin'?):lol:

Hey, girlie!!! :grin:

I have it sitting right here:

Camellia seed oil, Cranberry seed oil, Argan oil, Broccoli seed oil, Emu oil, Meadowfoam seed oil, Marula oil, Castor oil, Jojoba oil, Brazil Nut oil, Macadamia Nut oil, Seabuckthorn oil, Burdock root oil, Horsetail, , and Oatstraw.....:lick: So glad I got 2!! :look:

Camellia seed oil, Cranberry seed oil, Argan oil, Broccoli seed oil, Emu oil, Meadowfoam seed oil, Marula oil, Castor oil, Jojoba oil, Brazil Nut oil, Macadamia Nut oil, Seabuckthorn oil, Burdock root oil, Horsetail, , and Oatstraw.....:lick: So glad I got 2!! :look:

Brownie518

All That Sounds Delish!:lick:

*note to self: make a claudie list*:look:

@Brownie518, Olivado Omega Plus.The ingredients are only cold pressed olive,avocado,and flaxseed oils though. You can probably make that. :lol:. I know I wouldn't get the measurements right,so I just buy it.:yep:

JerriBlank - thanks! And I feel you on the bolded. :look:

I found some Vega EFA oil blend that I might get...it has Ingredients:
Organic Hemp Seed Oil, Organic Flax Seed Oil, Antioxident Oil Blend (Organic Green Tea Seed Oil, Pomegranate Seed Oil, Black Cumin Seed Oil, Black Raspberry Seed Oil, Blueberry Seed Oil, Cranberry Seed Oil), Organic Pumpkin Seed Oil, Organic Coconut Oil:yep:

growinghealthyhair

Thanks for the props! The Roux makes my hair smooth, easy to detangle, and I also believe it keeps the ph at a normal level (about 4.5), from what I gather on the bottle. I like to also use it to keep the porosity down.

My hair is not usually porous, but increased porosity means your hair's cuticles don't lie down, and it easily loses moisture, becomes tangled, may be prone to breakage, and easily matts. Also, high porosity can lessen shine.

The Roux just makes my hair smooth and shiny, less tangled, more moisturized (increases the amount of water my hair holds and the amount of moisture retained); the shine is almost as if I put in a cellophane rinse in it. I like to apply Roux every other week, minimally. I can tell the difference in moisture retention b/c my hair holds much more water and soaks a towel after applying Roux, whereas normally without applying Roux during a wash, it does not seem as saturated with water, if that makes sense.

Really, Roux is made for reducing pH and optimizing results for color, perm, and relaxer applications, but it can be used on virgin/natural hair, and gives great results from what I hear! It certainly is da truth on mine! :o HTH!

Last edited:

Rec'd my macadamia nut oil yesterday in the mail (so excited). Moisturized with my Shea Moisture CES, Care Free Curl, leave-in mix (bunch of cheapie conditioners mixed with HS 14-N-1, S-Curl, CFC Gold, and water in a spray bottle), then sealed my hair with Shikakai oil and the macadamia nut oil. The macadamia nut oil is very light, does not have a scent.

Oh, and since I love grapeseed oil so much, I already have a 2 oz bottle, but the lurking PJ just couldn't help snagging a 500 mL bottle of grapeseed oil yesterday! The unit price is cheaper than getting the small bottles. It's for cooking, hence the large bottle, but that is going right on this head as a HOT. lol :yep: ...and I might use a little to sautee' some chicken. Also got some "Nutrioil" soybean oil for cooking, but yall know the kitchentician will be adding some to my hair products! :drunk:

Today-Hot oiled my bang with Macadamia & Poppy seed/sulfate free poo wash-out/Dc with Moroccan mask 15min/applied Nioxin#8 con on scalp/Rinsed with BF Pistachio con/TW leave-in....Sealed with Sesame & Argan oil...Full,Fluffy,Soft bang....

*On my entire scalp oiled with Brahmi/on the rest of my hair sealed the ends with Sesame & Argan oil.....

*Macadamia is excellent as a hot oil treatment....

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

I oil rinsed with Sweet almond oil yesterday and my flat iron job was so silky, it made my natural hair color look extra rich. I will continue to do this. Its only and extra 2 mins in my routine and the results are major.

Brownie518

How do you ladies know which oils are ok to use in our hair? Some of these oils I would've never thought to use!!

growinghealthyhair

That's a pre-mixed hair Oil from Claudie's Hair Revitalizer. She has several Oils, including the Scalp Exlir and the Beautiful Oil (which I have but haven't tried):yep:

Evening HOT HEADS!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tonight, I did a Warm Water Oil Rinse with Burdock Root Oil w/Ceramides. I am under my Steamer now DC'ing.

I will finish up with a Little Argan under the dryer and then M&S with Hydratherma Naturals.

@Brownie518

How do you ladies know which oils are ok to use in our hair? Some of these oils I would've never thought to use!!

growinghealthyhair - I thought the same way, until I started looking at threads like this. Lita and other ladies have mentioned some of these oils and others I have read about on sites like New Directions, Oils by Nature, etc. Others I just google. :yep:
I can already tell that I am going to loooove this Claudie's Montego Bay oil. :lick:

I just oiled my hair with some of Claudie's Montego Bay oil...just sitting around with it in a messy bun.

Sealed with Hydratherma Naturals Growth Hair Oil

Did an HOT/pre=poo with safflower and coconut oil earlier....just massaged my scalp with a mix of jbco/CO/vitamin E oil/peppermint oil and Im steaming with it...feels great!

beautyaddict1913

That sounds really delish Beauty!:lick: Imma hafta' Steam with some Oils soon.

I might make that part of my Summer Regi (Steaming w/Oils). I have got to use up these Oils.:blush:

I really like that Warm Water Oil Rinsing alot too.:grin:

The castor oil I used made me itch really bad don't know if that is a reaction or detox, since its know for drawing out toxins too but won't use that. I use oil mix of evoo, cocnut and avacodo instead much better.

Ltown, sad to hear the castor oil gave the itchies.
maybe it was just that brand?
perhaps you can try dilluting the castor oil with some other lighter oils like sesame or almond.

i've got my homemade onion, garlic, coffee bean, cinnamon, hot pepper, eo's infusion on my head now.

but guess what ladies?

i'm thinking about making an oil infusion (y'all know i love making oils, lol!) with henna!

has anybody ever tried that?

i've been searching it (although this search feature isn't as good as the one they had on here last year, so the info is more difficult to find, in my opinion) and read somewhere that this brand (?) called Vatika is already made with henna in it.

any Vatika uses who can testify as to its effectiveness?

i'm thinking whether it's a brand like that one, or a homemade infusion, it should be good for strengthening the hair roots.
i don't need the coloring effects (i indigo).

thanks for any info y'all can share!

hhj ladies!

Ltown, sad to hear the castor oil gave the itchies.
maybe it was just that brand?
perhaps you can try dilluting the castor oil with some other lighter oils like sesame or almond.

i've got my homemade onion, garlic, coffee bean, cinnamon, hot pepper, eo's infusion on my head now.

but guess what ladies?

i'm thinking about making an oil infusion (y'all know i love making oils, lol!) with henna!

has anybody ever tried that?

i've been searching it (although this search feature isn't as good as the one they had on here last year, so the info is more difficult to find, in my opinion) and read somewhere that this brand (?) called Vatika is already made with henna in it

any Vatika uses who can testify as to its effectiveness?

i'm thinking whether it's a brand like that one, or a homemade infusion, it should be good for strengthening the hair roots.
i don't need the coloring effects (i indigo).

thanks for any info y'all can share!

hhj ladies!

grow, it was jbco so it possible. I'm stick with regular oils that I used before.

i finally got to my hair this weekend. prepooing with grapeseed, sunflower and argan oil right now. this is my first time mixing these ingredients. i get good results with grapeseed oil alone so hopefully i get good results with the mix.

Moisturized & Sealed with Hydratherma Naturals this morning.

Will do the same Regi this evening before bed.

Started oiling my scalp again with my sulfur mix (hemp, castor, vatika, sulfur powder).

Plan to do a HOT at some point this week.

I got into something that didn't agree with my Scalp so I had to do a Quick Cowash. :ohwell:

I'll do an Warm Water Olive Oil Rinse after I rinse this DC'er out.:lick:

Back