HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Today was my wash day. I did Chicoro's AVJ prepoo and DC with OH HH. I used this conditioner when I was transitioning and it was a staple of mine. A friend of mine gifted the HH and BSP for my bday. I loveee it! Why did I ever stop using it? lol

I rubbed my hair with EVOO and its airdrying now.

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Today was my wash day. I did Chicoro's AVJ prepoo and DC with OH HH. I used this conditioner when I was transitioning and it was a staple of mine. A friend of mine gifted the HH and BSP for my bday. I loveee it! Why did I ever stop using it? lol

I rubbed my hair with EVOO and its airdrying now.

@lolita1987

Nice Friend & Great Gift :yep:

Happy B-Day!:grin:

I love the Honey Hemp too.:lick:

IDareT'sHair

Yes. My hair has benefited greatly. Thats the only thing I can think of. This is mostly what I do. I use oil in some for or fashion! Just so many uses!! Just went down to Whole Foods picked up a few things there!

Did a bit of search and destroy on about a quarter of my hair. I am very pleased that I had only one or two splits. Mostly I had a few single strands knots. The condition of my hair has benefited tremendously since joining LHCF.
Before rebraiding I dampened my hair, applied Qhemet's AOHC and then sealed with apricot kernel oil. This stuff smells so good and is very light... a nice change from coconut oil which I love to death. lol I can see this oil would be great to use to keep pressed hair conditioned without weighing it down.

growinghealthyhair
Oil rinsing has made a difference in the defining of your curls. I noticed that with my hair also :yep:.

washed my hair and deep conditioned with organics hair mayonnaise my hair is still damp in box braids so im about to seal with my growth oil and start getting ready for church

@IDareT'sHair

Yes. My hair has benefited greatly. Thats the only thing I can think of. This is mostly what I do. I use oil in some for or fashion! Just so many uses!! Just went down to Whole Foods picked up a few things there!

growinghealthyhair

Nice Comparison Shots! I can definitely tell. Looks Amazing:grin: Okay what did you pick up at WF?:lick:

@growinghealthyhair
Oil rinsing has made a difference in the defining of your curls. I noticed that with my hair also :yep:.

Shay72

Shay, again, Your Avi is Blingin'. Them Afro Puffs are on "Shine":lol:

@Shay72

I agree. I couldn't believe it at first. I guess it's because my hair has NEVER been this healthy or moisturized. I didn't even think my hair had any curl to it.

Very Good Shots!:yep: Great Before & After Shots

To OP-Thanks for starting this Thread

*This winter is the first time in a while that I did not have dry,flaky & itchy scalp & I notice the improvement in the health of my hair..HUGE IMPROVEMENT my ends even look better..

*Today I re-moisturize my hair BF/finger comb/applied oil to scalp TL/sealed with rice bran,sesame seed/christine gant pomade on ends...

Happy Hair Growing!

Nice Comparison Shots! I can definitely tell. Looks Amazing:grin: Okay what did you pick up at WF?:lick:

IDareT'sHair

This is my first time EVER going into wholefoods, I've been wanting too for so long and finally got around to it. I didn't buy much because I wasn't sure of what all they had and didn't want to just get wreckless and let my addiction take over lol. I did purcahse:

The big jug of Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe Vera Gel

(My hair Loves Aloe)

JoJoba Oil

Whey Protein

Avocados (I've been making these awesome smoothies)

Peppermint Oil

Neem Oil

Flax Seed Oil

Raw Honey

And hmmm I think that's it?? There's so much more that i wanted!!

growinghealthyhair Love the before & after..Great Progress ..Your curls look so defined..Love it!

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

Thanks so much :-)

I was here before lurking and didn't really take heed to any of the advice here like I should have , but now I"m actually taking the advice and it's working for me!!

Lita :flowers:

And Thank You for all your assistance and answering all our questions.

You have been a big Help and a Huge Support to make this Thread Successful.

Lita

Thats what I'm so amazed by. MY ENDS. I've NEVER had nice looking ends unfortunately. Now they're gorgeous. I'm so ready to take down my PS and REALLY get to my hair!! I have a Dermatologist appointment in April regarding my nape area. It just stays so dry. Nothing i can do stops that, which is why (I think) i'm not retaining any growth there at all. You'd think i shaved :-(

growinghealthyhair

You will be able to Nurse your Nape back to health too. Just be patient. Look at the amazing progress you've already made by a few simple steps.

You will turn that around too. Maybe a little JBCO? Have you tried that?

IDareT'sHair

Yep! I use JBCO as well. And it just stays so so short. Sometimes it looks like it grows but then I'll notice its back short again. SO I assume it's breaking off :-( Been using a satin shower cap instead , (because maybe it's also the friction of my scarf)

Moisturized & Sealed today with Hydratherma Naturals Lotion & Oil

Doing a HOT right now with sweet almond oil. Will rinse in about 30 minutes. I think the oil rinsing is helping with my perimeter. I've thought it was 4B what I'm finding is it is 4A too and slowing and surely is starting to show itself.

Lita :flowers:

And Thank You for all your assistance and answering all our questions.

You have been a big Help and a Huge Support to make this Thread Successful.

Awwwww...THANK YOU!

*I'm glad to be a part of it..We are all learning from each other...Trail & error/but,its worth while......I love how friendly the environment is here........

Happy Hair Growing!

IDareT'sHair

Yep! I use JBCO as well. And it just stays so so short. Sometimes it looks like it grows but then I'll notice its back short again. SO I assume it's breaking off :-( Been using a satin shower cap instead , (because maybe it's also the friction of my scarf)

growinghealthyhair I agree with IDareT'sHair JBCO is really good/for extra you can add peppermint,camphor & emu to it..See if that works.....

Happy Hair Growing!

Awwwww...THANK YOU!

*I'm glad to be a part of it..We are all learning from each other...Trail & error/but,its worth while......I love how friendly the environment is here........Happy Hair Growing!

Everybody's Participation has been a Huge Help. And the Results for everyone has been amazing.

I'm thinking about what I'll use next wash day.:lick:

Maybe try to use up my Safflower Oil.:yep:

i just did my second henna yesterday (a gloss), got the indigo on now and when i finish, i plan to oil rinse with mustard oil!

i already dc'ed overnight last night after the henna, so i don't want to dc again today.

i chose mustard because y'all got me hooked on it now!

that stuff is amazing! it really softens more than i ever knew it could do!

i might throw some sesame in with it for the detangling purposes....

has anyone tried washing thier hair in just oil?

hhj ladies!

Running late as usual but Saturday I did an HOT with coconut oil and safflower. Yesterday, my hair was still braided so I spritzed with Taliah Wajiid PMB and sealed with safflower oil....Trying to use up my coocnut oil, I will stick to HV Vatika frosting, and I will be re-purchasing safflower oil...its one of my hair loves!

This is one of my favorite threads of all time...

tis all

janda,I was looking for alternatives to Josie Maran after my first purchase.:lol:
Just way too high! I hope you find something soon!

I'm going to see about these ceramide rich oils,and try some walnut oil next. I am soooooo tempted to oil rinse with these braids,but I just know they'll slip out and i will be pissed! I'm going to oil them up tonight though. I'm not sure with what yet. My ends love oils!

Decided to do my Hair Tonight. No reason, just wanted to.

Right now, I'm doing a HOT with Ceramide packed Safflower Oil. Will Cowash in a few.:yep:

Oiled hair (mainly ends) with Sally's Argan oil

i need to pick me up some sweet almond oil, more evoo since im oil and some avocado oil. i havent used avocado oil in more than a year so i cant even remember if i liked it. i remember it was a tad bit heavy. i was using it in my pre poo treatments.

Ltown - I'll do what I usually do...I'll mix some of it but first I'll try it on its own, see how it does solo. :yep:

Brownie, I still have walnut left and a little of all the oils common mistake for a PJ don't know what she got:lachen::lachen:.

Back