HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Just finished up my HTN Moisturize & Seal.:grin:

Will do an Oil Rinse tomorrow (wash day) with either Safflower or Burdock Root Oil w/Ceramides.:lick: Both of these are almost finished.

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

I've been applying my coconut oil to the ends and I bought some Wild Growth Hair Oil and I have my own mix of grapeseed, EVOO, castor and coconut. I alternate applying it to my hair with the coconut or use them together.

I am going to oil my hair with sweet almond oil, put on a plastic cap for a hour, rinse,then follow with a cowash.

I did a nice HOT the other day with Safflower Oil.

ladies, what do you think about the difference with oils that are "cold-pressed" as opposed to oils that aren't?

...just interested in knowing if it really makes a difference for our hair or not.

thanks ladies!

hhj!

^^ Good question...I'd like to know, as well...

I just ordered some Walnut, Emu,and Argan oils.

Pulled out the Mastex Heat Cap. Doing a Safflower Oil HOT under my Mastex.

I want to steam tonight but I am so sleepy...long day, I'm just gonna braid it and oil it and steam tomorrow! Smooches!!

Lat night-Pree poo with Camellia,Jojoba on length/On scalp pepper oil mix/KeraCare sulfate free poo,wash/Dc/Rinsed (Mizani renew strength capsule fiber repair on 1 side)/other side Nioxin #8 rinse/Sealed with Sunflower oil/Christe gant pomade on ends...

*Dc on 1 side with Deity deep conditioner (jar) rinsed with Mizani strength caps/roots & ends-2 hairs came out..*Results smooth hair,NO TANGLES....

*Dc on other side with RedKen real control (jar) rinsed with Nioxin #8 on roots & ends 2 hairs came out....Results silky smooth hair with body,NO TANGLES..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

I just ordered some Walnut, Emu,and Argan oils.

Brownie, are you going to mix the walnut with anything? I have mine mixed with other oils but never paid attention to smells and thickness so I don't have any left to really get idea of smell or thickness of any of my oils because I just quickly mixed them together to get the benefits of ceramides.:rolleyes:

TIA

Brownie, are you going to mix the walnut with anything? I have mine mixed with other oils but never paid attention to smells and thickness so I don't have any left to really get idea of smell or thickness of any of my oils because I just quickly mixed them together to get the benefits of ceramides.:rolleyes:

TIA

Ltown Walnut oil smell is very lite (soft nut scent) you have to put it right to your nose/thats how lite the smell is/For texture/smooth serum & a cross between hemp seed & sunflower/Not to lite,Not to heavy..Just right....

*I hope you dont mind the hijack

Happy Hair Growing!

Ltown Walnut oil smell is very lite (soft nut scent) you have to put it right to your nose/thats how lite the smell is/For texture/smooth serum & a cross between hemp seed & sunflower/Not to lite,Not to heavy..Just right....

Happy Hair Growing!
:lachen:No problem Lita i regret mixing them all because I want to narrow down my oils, it been good experience and I'm getting the benefits but I don't need all them oils. I still have alot of this mix still to use up.

:lachen:No problem Lita i regret mixing them all because I want to narrow down my oils, it been good experience and I'm getting the benefits but I don't need all them oils. I still have alot of this mix still to use up.

Ltown I'm narrowing down too...Just going to keep oils I use for sealing & pre pooing...It been really fun finding out how & what different oils do...

*It helps when your looking at the ingredient list/back of products

Happy Hair Growing!

I agree @Lita

My plan is to use up alot of Misc. Oils. I'll keep a few on hand but won't overdo it (again).:sad:

I will pick up some Grapeseed Oil after I use up most of what I have.

Did my HTN Regi and Sealed with HTN Oil

Oiled with amla last night and slept with a plastic cap, rinsed this morning, did a tea rinse, and followed up with a cowash.

last night i slathered my hair in coconut oil and htn oil.

TIA

@Ltown Walnut oil smell is very lite (soft nut scent) you have to put it right to your nose/thats how lite the smell is/For texture/smooth serum & a cross between hemp seed & sunflower/Not to lite,Not to heavy..Just right....

Happy Hair Growing!

Ltown - I'll do what I usually do...I'll mix some of it but first I'll try it on its own, see how it does solo. :yep:

Lita - Thanks for the info! And, please, always hijack. :grin: You have the best information. Always appreciated.

I was just sharing w/ @Brownie518 how much I am enjoying doing these HOTs and Warm Water Oil Rinses.:lick:

My hair is incredibly shiny and I'm using up alot of oils that were just collecting 'dust'. It's been a good ride.:grin:

We started early (like January) and we've all been pretty consistent with it.:yep:

I even think my Ends have also improved from "Sealing".

This is a Great Thread *cough cough* I mean:look: It has really helped My Hair.:lol:

I was just sharing w/ @Brownie518 how much I am enjoying doing these HOTs and Warm Water Oil Rinses.:lick:

My hair is incredibly shiny and I'm using up alot of oils that were just collecting 'dust'. It's been a good ride.:grin:

We started early and we've been consistent. I even think my Ends have also improved from "Sealing".

This is a Great Thread *cough cough* I mean:look: It has really helped My Hair.:lol:

It IS a great thread, T!! :yep: I think a lot of us are benefiting from using the oils in different ways and from all the great info being shared here. I know its definitely helping my hair.

It IS a great thread, T!! :yep: I think a lot of us are benefiting from using the oils in different ways and from all the great info being shared here. I know its definitely helping my hair.

Brownie518

Girl Me Too!:grin:

My hair isn't nearly as 'dry' this Winter. It was a good move for the Winter.

And I am seeing results.:look:

I'm using up oils.:lol: And getting my Ceramide Fix w/some of the Oils.

@Brownie518

Girl Me Too!:grin:

My hair isn't nearly as 'dry' this Winter. It was a good move for the Winter.

And I am seeing results.:look:

I'm using up oils.:lol: And getting my Ceramide Fix w/some of the Oils.

:yep: Same here. My hair and scalp are definitely better this winter. None of the normal winter dryness issues. My scalp especially.

Oiled my scalp with Claudie's Elixir.

I agree. Using oils had tremendously changed my hair. I didn't realize it until I compared my pictures.

I agree. Using oils had tremendously changed my hair. I didn't realize it until I compared my pictures.

That's Great News:grin: growinghealthyhair

I think I bought them but didn't pull them out because I really didn't know what to do with them.:ohwell:

I didn't want to Mix them in my Conditioners (which is ok...I just never do it):look:

but....using them for Hot Oil Treatments and Warm Water Oil Rinses and Sealing and other things have been a Big Bonus for My Hair this Winter.:lick:

I feel My Moisture Levels are better and like I said, not as 'dry'. And it is Naturally more Shiny -- not a "Greasy/Oily" Shine, but a Natural Shine.:yep:

Glad you're seeing Positive Results too Girl.:grin:

Moisture is so important for black hair. Natural oils are the secret potion we have been missing out on for years. Coconut is my fave and I use it every single day no matter what. I really see a difference, especially in the ends. I haven't seen any split ends since last year!

Moisture is so important for black hair. Natural oils are the secret potion we have been missing out on for years. Coconut is my fave and I use it every single day no matter what. I really see a difference, especially in the ends. I haven't seen any split ends since last year!

prettyhair73

That's Great! Yeah, Coconut Oil is really good.:yep:

Coconut
Olive
Avacado

Are the only 3 oils that have the ability to penetrate the Hair Shaft. So, that's really good news & great results.:grin:

Hmp. Maybe I'll do a HOT w/Coconut Oil next wash day.:look:

Back