HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Oiled my scalp last night with Claudie's Elixir. I'm so proud of how consistent I have been with it. I have been doing it 3x/week since January. I think I've only missed 1 or 2 days.

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Oiled my scalp last night with Claudie's Elixir. I'm so proud of how consistent I have been with it. I have been doing it 3x/week since January. I think I've only missed 1 or 2 days.

Shay72

Great Job Shay.:grin:

This thread is helping me stay consistent too. I have found new ways & a new appreciation for Oils.

I really like doing a warm water Oil rinse.

I still want to keep my Oil stash low and this is helping me use them up.

@Shay72

Great Job Shay.:grin:

This thread is helping me stay consistent too. I have found new ways & a new appreciation for Oils.

I really like doing a warm water Oil rinse.

I still want to keep my Oil stash low and this is helping me use them up.

I want to buy more oils but my oil stash has never been huge. I plan to replace grapeseed and now I'm also interested in hemp seed,rice bran, sunflower, and safflower oils.

I want to buy more oils but my oil stash has never been huge. I plan to replace grapeseed and now I'm also interested in hemp seed,rice bran, sunflower, and safflower oils.

Hempseed is Excellent. Safflower is good too.

I'd like to try Rice Bran and maybe Walnut Oil as well.

grow That mixture sounds amazing and POTENT!

I'm sure Lita choctaw Ltown can possibly tell you how to make a pomade out of your mixture.

I was thinking Emulsfying Wax or maybe Shea Butter would give you the base you need (But Chile....I ain't no Mixtress:lol:)

But those Ladies are all good at creating things.:grin:

But I gotta give it to you --- that right there sounds GOOD.

I never made pomade just oil or spritz but T, you are right Grow will need something to thicken, maybe anthem gum or cornstarch.

I'm prepoo scalp and hair with aloevera/wgo

grow You got a GREAT mix going...When I mix things up/make into pomade.I add it to my avocado butter in a separate container ..If you have Shea butter/or or any kind of absorbing butter around/add it to that/it should work out very well...Vegetable wax will work too..

*If you have a pomade sitting around that needs a boost add some of your tonic..
*That way/you have different options of use..(spread it out)

*For my christine gant mixed greens pomade/I added some of my scalp tonic (to the mixed greens)/It has given it a great boost/with smoothing qualities..(No more dripping on cloths)

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Oiling for tonight with Hydratherma Naturals Growth Oil

Oil rinsed with grapeseed. I finished it so my next oil rinse will be with Sweet Almond oil.

All great oils, Shay72 !!! :yep:

I just ordered 2 of Claudie's Montego Bay oil :yep:

Ingredients: Infusion of herbs with Camellia Seed Oil, Cranberry Seed Oil, Argan Oil, Broccoli Oil, Emu Oil, Sea Buckthorn, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Marula Oil, Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil, Macadamia Oil, Brazil Nut Oil :lick:

Sunday-night-I re-moisturize my hair with Taliah Waajid (detangler) oiled my scalp with Treasured Locks (hair balm) I added my JBCO mix to it/Sealed with Hemp seed/Applied CG pomade on ends contains (Sweet almond oil,Safflower & WGO) my scalp feels refreshed & my hair feels soft..

*Treasured Locks (herbal hair balm) ingredients-rosemary,sage,nettle,oatstraw,burdock root,horsetail,peppermint,lemongrass & lavender flowers in coconut oil,shea butter,olive oil & tea tree...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

thanks ladies for your comments on my homemade oils!

@IDareT'sHair, @Ltown, @Lita, the support is really helpful because i read about all these fabulous oils on the market (and just love it when folks list the ingredients of the products!) but am weary of sending away for products.

when i first joined last year, it was fun getting new stuff in the mail all the time, but now it's a bit tiresome. wherever i can, i want to cut down on that and save my ordering for things like AO products cuz i KNOW i cannot make that type of conditioner. (nor the indigo, nor ayurveda powders, etc...)

i like the ideas you ladies have put forth and have to be careful because whatever i put in there will go on my scalp so i want to give it the healthiest "food" i can find.

that's why i'm hesitant about cornstarch and even the avocado butter has me wondering: what's in avocado butter, besides maybe avocado oil?
(anybody got any ideas why butters are solid?)

i'm afraid the waxes or things like it (the gum) might clog my pores.

Lita, lucky you to get that treasured locks line! i love them! but they don't even ship to europe, what a pity.
that idea you have to use this tonic in other things has got me to thinking!
yes, this should go in with my conditioners, in ayurvedic pastes, i bet it might even work in tea rinses, too!

thanks ladies!

Sunday-night-I re-moisturize my hair with Taliah Waajid (detangler) oiled my scalp with Treasured Locks (hair balm) I added my JBCO mix to it/Sealed with Hemp seed/Applied CG pomade on ends contains (Sweet almond oil,Safflower & WGO) my scalp feels refreshed & my hair feels soft..

*Treasured Locks (herbal hair balm) ingredients-rosemary,sage,nettle,oatstraw,burdock root,horsetail,peppermint,lemongrass & lavender flowers in coconut oil,shea butter,olive oil & tea tree...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita, you got some great goody I like that treasure lock pomade got to make sure there is no lemon oil. I used komaza conditioner and it irriated my scalp even more. I wonder why lemon oil is so strong, I've used stuff with lemongrass? What in your scalp tonic, I'm still healing from the pimento burns?

Lita, you got some great goody I like that treasure lock pomade got to make sure there is no lemon oil. I used komaza conditioner and it irriated my scalp even more. I wonder why lemon oil is so strong, I've used stuff with lemongrass? What in your scalp tonic, I'm still healing from the pimento burns?

*Sorry to hear about your scalp burns-Try not to put any-thing harsh on your hair right now-Scalp needs to heal..Use something healing like/little coco butter/little JBCO/very healing & soothing...

Ltown Yes,lemon oil ..Lemongrass is much better.. *I like lemon oil (very small) amount /like 1 drop..

My Scalp Tonic's-

Scalp tonic-Jojoba oil,Camellia,JBCO,Broccoli,Eo's-lavender,peppermint,ginger & camphor..
Scent a little spearmint....

Pre poo-Mustard,Garlic,Apricot,Black Radish,Broccoli & eo's..

*I have a custom blend on its way from GOW-Nettle,Burdock & Coffee oil....

Happy Hair Growing

Last edited:

grow Avocado butter-some companies use veg wax to add tex/others soy bean oil & veg wax...

*The tonics I use/I add to everything..ex-Dc/Rinse/Paste & Hair Balms...This way I can stretch the product & be consistent at the same time...

*With summer coming (I will downsize my tonics & oils)....

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita, thank you for mentioning the hair balms to put the homemade tonic in! i totally forgot about that! gotta get it in those others you mentioned too!

that custom blend you have sounds delicious!!!

i've never tried camphor eo before.....i bet it's tingly all over....yum!

Ltown, i'm so sad to hear of your scalp.
Lita's advice is really good because those soothing oils really help.
maybe you can open up some vitamin e capsules to get that pure healing in there, too.
i sure hope it gets better soon. (you are low manip, right? the least to do with the hair and scalp right now, the better)

*Sorry to hear about your scalp burns-Try not to put any-thing harsh on your hair right now-Scalp needs to heal..Use something healing like/little coco butter/little JBCO/very healing & soothing...

@Ltown Yes,lemon oil ..Lemongrass is much better.. *I like lemon oil (very small) amount /like 1 drop..

My Scalp Tonic's-

Scalp tonic-Jojoba oil,Camellia,JBCO,Broccoli,Eo's-lavender,peppermint,ginger & camphor..
Scent a little spearmint....

Pre poo-Mustard,Garlic,Apricot,Black Radish,Broccoli & eo's..

*I have a custom blend on its way from GOW-Nettle,Burdock & Coffee oil....

Happy Hair Growing

Great tonic and advice! I've used lemon oil before with no problems but the body changes. thanks

@Lita, thank you for mentioning the hair balms to put the homemade tonic in! i totally forgot about that! gotta get it in those others you mentioned too!

that custom blend you have sounds delicious!!!

i've never tried camphor eo before.....i bet it's tingly all over....yum!

@Ltown, i'm so sad to hear of your scalp.
Lita's advice is really good because those soothing oils really help.
maybe you can open up some vitamin e capsules to get that pure healing in there, too.
i sure hope it gets better soon. (you are low manip, right? the least to do with the hair and scalp right now, the better)

Grow, I'm not doing much with the hair but thanks!

grow Yes,the camphor gives a nice tingle all over (only need a small amount) too!

Happy Hair Growing!

Hey Ladies......:hiya3:

I was lurking in this thread today at work....I am really liking the Vibe up in this piece and our willingness to help each other out with Oils & Information to help us on our Journeys.:grouphug2:

This is a nice place to kick back & post.:meditate: (Drama-Free):lol:

Anyway, I'm getting ready to seal with HTN Oil and finished my Evening M&S w/HTN Follicle Booster, Lotion, Protein L-I.

I think next wash day I'll do another warm water Oil Rinse w/Safflower Oil or the Burdock Root Oil w/Ceramides.

Use HTN to seal today.

i added evoo to my jar of kbb hair mask last night and my hair felt amazing. its been a long time since ive added oil to my conditioners. next im going to add hemp oil to it because im all out of evoo(been using it up by pre pooing with it).
since im out of evoo i will now be pre pooing with coconut oil.

oils i have on hand right now are:
coconut oil
hemp oil
black currant oil
rose hip oil
and a tiny bit of vatika frosting

Hey ladies! Still sealing with Coconut Oil everyday on those ends. I also use it along the hair shaft as well.

I use my oil on my hair after I moisturize. So in other words, I'm sealing on "dry" hair. Anybody else does this?

Hey ladies! Still sealing with Coconut Oil everyday on those ends. I also use it along the hair shaft as well.

I use my oil on my hair after I moisturize. So in other words, I'm sealing on "dry" hair. Anybody else does this?

yupp I do :yep:

Sealed with a mix of argan and EVOO oil.

All great oils, Shay72 !!! :yep:

I just ordered 2 of Claudie's Montego Bay oil :yep:

Ingredients: Infusion of herbs with Camellia Seed Oil, Cranberry Seed Oil, Argan Oil, Broccoli Oil, Emu Oil, Sea Buckthorn, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Marula Oil, Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil, Macadamia Oil, Brazil Nut Oil :lick:
:lick:Sound good, why is her site or products not listed.

I bought some Wild Growth Oil, it smells like that old school "dog mane" stuff people used to put in their hair. But it's very light and bearable so I am alternating applying it with the sulfur oil.

grow Forgot to mention..Been adding Emu to my oils & pomades/it gives it a perfect kick...

Happy Hair Growing!

that's great news, Lita!

thanks, i think the emu can help thicken my homemades too.....i need to replenish my stock of it and when i do, i'm gonna try some of that camphor, too!

grow Keep us posted....

Happy Hair Growing!

Funny you guys should mention emu oil,as I was just in whole foods on Sunday looking for it. The associate said they don't carry it. I asked was there a specific reason why,and she went off into this long spiel about it being derived from an animal and...:look:
Anyhoo,:lachen:
Also,that argan oil from camdengrey is definitely refined. I had a few drops of of the unrefined stuff,so I did a test on two different parts of hair. Like I already knew,the unrefined outperformed the refined on my hair. The refined is definitely not bad,but I won't be repurchasing after it is used up. It still makes my hair feel silky and soft,just not as much so as with the unrefined stuff. I still have big plans for the refined argan though!:yep:

Also,that argan oil from camdengrey is definitely refined. I had a few drops of of the unrefined stuff,so I did a test on two different parts of hair. Like I already knew,the unrefined outperformed the refined on my hair. The refined is definitely not bad,but I won't be repurchasing after it is used up. It still makes my hair feel silky and soft,just not as much so as with the unrefined stuff. I still have big plans for the refined argan though!:yep:

@JerriBlank

I felt the same way. Definitely different.:yep:

Back