HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Currently pre-pooing with grapeseed oil. I haven't pre-pooed in a looooooooOOOOOooooong time. :lol:

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

I've fallen off the wagon the last week or so. I'm about to to a HOT in a few minutes.

Squirted a little Kukui Nut Oil in my Henna Mixture right before applying. I find that, that extra dash of Oil in the Henna Mix gives it a little kick!

@JayAnn0513, i admire your honesty.

i fell off the wagon too, but the knots i've been getting at detangle time have surely reminded me to get back with it!

so right now i've got mustard oil in a dc i've left on my hair since last night.

@IDareT'sHair, thanks for that tip! i will henna this monday and so many ladies have said "do not put oil in your mix or it will not take to your hair".
i'm only using the henna for its strengthening qualities and to act as a base for the indigo, so it's not so easy to understand why the oil is such a bad thing. it's good to see that someone else uses it successfully!

@IDareT'sHair, thanks for that tip! i will henna this monday and so many ladies have said "do not put oil in your mix or it will not take to your hair".
i'm only using the henna for its strengthening qualities and to act as a base for the indigo, so it's not so easy to understand why the oil is such a bad thing. it's good to see that someone else uses it successfully!

@grow

I add a squirt of Oil right before I apply it to my hair (after the dye has fully released). Just a Splash -- not much.:yep:

I've been doing this well over a year and it works fine. I use to add Amla Oil (to darken the stain as many have suggested) but I ran out and never replaced it. Alot of Ladies use Amla Oil w/Henna to darken the stain. Here's some of the ones I've used:

Amla
Wheat Germ
Soybean
EVOO
Kukui Nut
*whatever's close by*

Not much. Just a bit. I gave this tip to @Vonnieluvs08 and she has been doing it as well.

Last edited:

girl thank you sooooo much!

IDareT'sHair:thankyou:

i think i finally understand what the difference is!

i must be careful to put the oil in LAST, not just mix it in with the ingredients like i do with my other ayurvedic powders!:yep:

what you said about "waiting for the dye to release" is what put the light bulb on for me!:urock:

NOW it makes sense.....i CAN use the oil, i just have to be careful to mix it in at the very last minute!

i really appreciate your bringing clarity to that issue and also the list of good ones to add. whew, now i believe i'm good to go!

@grow

Yup.:grin: I do it as my last step.

I squirt the Oil in & stir a little right before I put on my Gloves.:yep:

I did a HOT last night with VF and Sunflower Oil. I finished the bottle of SO.

Finished Up my Henna/Indigo. After I rinsed my Indigo out, I slathered my Hair in Safflower Oil and did a warm water Oil rinse.:lick:

(Especially after reading JJamiah post about how 'dry' her hair was after Indigo'ing.

Although I've never had that 'problem' after Henna/Indigo it made me want to try a warm water oil rinse after the Process. And Safflower Oil is one of those Ceramides packed Oil.:lick:

After the Warm Water Oil rinse, I put my DC'er On and am now Steaming.

grow when I did use henna I put Amla & Coconut oil in/right before I put the henna on my hair...I still use other powders & do it the same way...Excellent results...*I no longer use henna...

Last night I sealed with Sesame & Pumpkin seed oil mix

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

@grow when I did use henna I put Amla & Coconut oil in/right before I put the henna on my hair...I still use other powders & do it the same way...Excellent results...*I no longer use henna...

Last night I sealed with Sesame & Pumpkin seed oil mix...

Happy Hair Growing!

grow
Lita

IA:grin:

That little addition of Oil(s) really gives it that extra littl' somethin':yep:

That Pumpkin Oil sounds good Lita. Thanks for posting that site. Wisdom something....they had some really nice sounding Oils & great prices.

grow
Lita

IA:grin:

That little addition of Oil(s) really gives it that extra littl' somethin':yep:

That Pumpkin Oil sounds good Lita. Thanks for posting that site. Wisdom something....they had some really nice sounding Oils & great prices.

IDareT'sHair Yes, the extra oil helps with moisture (keeps your hair from drying out)

*Pumpkin seed oil....I really like it ...I think its better to use for wash & go's/Twist outs..Because it helps define your waves (even at the roots) a little goes a long way..I can be heavy handed times

Happy Hair Growing!

Getting ready to Dry. Will apply my L-I and a Little Pure Argan Oil.

After drying, I will M&S with Hydratherma Lotion & Oil

Lita (And all the other Ladies)

Hey Girls...I can't remember????

How many of you use the Tangle Teezer???

*I specified Lita right now, because she's on & in this thread*

Dare, how do you like steaming?? I'm interested in trying it out one day.

Lita (And all the other Ladies)

Hey Girls...I can't remember????

How many of you use the Tangle Teezer???

*I specified Lita right now, because she's on & in this thread*

IDareT'sHair I was using it & it really did help with tangles..I gave it to my Mom because she always has a house full of grandchildren..

*I used it on dry hair most of the time/Wet hair I use fingers & shower comb..

Happy Hair Growing!

IDareT'sHair I was using it & it really did help with tangles..I gave it to my Mom because she always has a house full of grandchildren..

*I used it on dry hair most of the time/Wet hair I use fingers & shower comb..

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

I had just finished using mine and wondered how many Ladies in Our Challenge is using the Tangle Teezer.:yep:

I Love it! Although it has been getting some "Mixed" Reviews from some of the Natural Ladies.

By me being "Relaxed" It's been all Good.

I still Detangle first with something else. Today I used my Super Detangler Bone Comb I just got in the mail yesterday.

I don't have enough Hair for all that comb tho'.:lol:

Has Your Mom said anything about using it on the Grandbabies "dry"?

I have never used it on my Dry Hair.:ohwell:

IDareT'sHair My Mom uses it on dry hair (grandchildren) for her its the truth..because they don't cry when she combs/little ones hair & very little hair shed....

Happy Hair Growing!

IDareT'sHair My Mom uses it on dry hair (grandchildren) for her its the truth..because they don't cry when she combs/little ones hair & very little hair shed....Happy Hair Growing!

That's exactly what I wanted to know. If it worked just as well (with Tangles & Sheds) on dry hair as it does Wet.

Thanks Girl.:yep:

Lita

IDareT'sHair
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Give a review..When you use it .. Thanks..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

I will be oiling my scalp with Claudie's Scalp Elixir in a bit

Dare, how do you like steaming?? I'm interested in trying it out one day.

@growinghealthyhair

You should absolutely try it out one day.:grin:

I think you'd love it.:love:

It definitely makes your Conditioner perform better and puts your Moisture On Point.

For Me, it was definitely the best hair care purchase I've made in my HHJ.

It has been a Good Investment.:yep:

@Lita

I had just finished using mine and wondered how many Ladies in Our Challenge is using the Tangle Teezer.:yep:

I Love it! Although it has been getting some "Mixed" Reviews from some of the Natural Ladies.

By me being "Relaxed" It's been all Good.

I still Detangle first with something else. Today I used my Super Detangler Bone Comb I just got in the mail yesterday.

I don't have enough Hair for all that comb tho'.:lol:

Has Your Mom said anything about using it on the Grandbabies "dry"?

I have never used it on my Dry Hair.:ohwell:

T, I use it on dry hair it and it is the truth, like Lita said!! :yep: Smooths everything right out. I really liked it.

T, I use it on dry hair it and it is the truth, like Lita said!! :yep: Smooths everything right out. I really liked it.

@Brownie518
@Lita
(and others)

Okay. Interesting. I've never thought about trying it on dry hair.:yep:

Did ya'll read the Manual?:perplexed I didn't (of course).:lol:

I thought it was just suppose to be used on 'damp' hair.:look:

@growinghealthyhair

You should absolutely try it out one day.:grin:

I think you'd love it.:love:

It definitely makes your Conditioner perform better and puts your Moisture On Point.

For Me, it was definitely the best hair care purchase I've made in my HHJ.

It has been a Good Investment.:yep:

What kind do you have?? I've been researching a few.

Mixed some coconut oil in with my Cholesterol for a nice DC.

That HOT I did last night was just what my hair needed. I rinsed ( no poo or condish) it out this morning and my hair still feels fab. I'm goint to Poo and condish w/ the Nexxus Split End Mender Line before I hit the sack tonight. I think I might do a pony set so I'll seal with one of my many oils after I apply my lacio lacio then roll it up.

sealed my pin curls tonight with my growth oil..

Back