HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

I am still using my sulfur/oil mix. The oil includes coconut, EVOO, avocado, and jojoba. Plus some other stuff. It tingles when I apply it but I am getting growth. I may be nearing two inches this far, January had about 3/4 to a full inch and this month has seen much of the same growth.

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

I HOT every wash day which is 1-2 times a week and my hair has thanked me for it.

My only minor problem was being heavy handed with oil, which meant drippies and sometimes oily/greasy hair. However I'm natural with dry hair and scalp and HOT has been a help esp for the fall/winter.

Are you HOT before you wash or after?

As for my other oil, I have been faithfully sealing with the Coconut Oil after I moisture my hair with my Leave-In. So far, my ends have been extremely soft and moist and feels full in my fingers.

I think my hair loooooves stroking my hair when I am putting the leave-in cream on it :grin:

AvaSpeaks

I HOT on dry hair or rinsed hair before I wash. I don't use poo often so I don't HOT for the extra moisture before using poo.

You can HOT before or after. It's all based on your personal preference and what you hair likes.

Moisturized & Sealed with Hydratherma Naturals i.e. Follicle Booster, Protein L-I, Hair Lotion and their Fabulous Hair Oil!

This is my Winter Regi twice a day.

I oil rinsed with grapeseed oil. I've been an oil rinsing fool since I've been home and I have had time to do it. My hair is already soft so now it is sooooooooooft. I sealed with Komaza's Moku Serum. I will be oiling my scalp with Claudie's Elixir in a bit.

I saw a new oil mix at the bss that I want to try badly. I might swing through and pick one up tomorrow. It has coconut and avocado as the main oils,and also had lemongrass,basil,and some other nice oils added in. The bottle was pretty small,but I will buy it just to try it out.:yep:

Does anyone do HOTs daily before daily co washes?

Does anyone do HOTs daily before daily co washes?

When I am home and have time I will or if I remember I will do an overnight hot, rinse it out in the morning and follow up with a cowash.

When I am home and have time I will or if I remember I will do an overnight hot, rinse it out in the morning and follow up with a cowash.

Yay! Thnx now I don't feel too crazy about wanting to do it. I just started this tonight and ran across this forum while sitting under my heat cap. This heat cap feels sooo good (nice and relaxing), I just want to treat myself to this every night (that is if I don't get too lazy). I also want to use up my oils and quench my super dry hair....I just hope this doesn't have the "too much of a good thing" effect on my hair :drunk:

I am deep conditioning with ORS hair mayo, followed by BFH Banana and Avocado Mask. Will co wash with BFH Ginger Orange Cleansing Con, use Elucence MB con as my leave in.
I am going to oil my scalp with castor oil, moisturize with QB BRBC and seal with EVOO.

Sealed with hemp oil and a little shea butter on my ends.

im about to do a scalp massage/oil with my growth oil and tie it down for tonight..

Last night..I pre poo (bang only) on scalp mustard,garlic oil & black radish mix...on length soybean,broccoli seed oil mix/rinsed/Dc/use leave-in/sealed with sunflower oil....On the rest of my hair/spritz with water/sealed with soybean oil....*Bang is soft,fluffy & lite..

*Noticing my hair likes poppy seed oil mixed in DC...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Morning!

I wanted to share my little DC concoction that I came up with for DD and myself.

I combined the following in a blender:

4 over ripe avocados (I couldn't bring myself to through them out)
Honey
Aloe Vera juice
Olive oil
Almond oil
Peppermint oil
Coconut conditioner (some cheap brand I can't seem to recall this morning)

I set the blender to "smoothie" mode and let it do its thing. Once that was done, I slathered it on our freshly washed hair and got under the steamer for 45 minutes each. After that we did a rinse, and I proceeded to blow out and straighten DD's hair with my Instyler, and I threw my hair back in a bun.

Both of us have the softest hair! I'm definitely going to have to use this little treatment again.:yep::lick:

I think the next oil I'll experiment with is the grapeseed oil. Maybe I'll do an oil rinse this weekend.

I just oiled my hair with a mix of Hemp Seed, Wheat Germ, and Rice bran oils.

Not sure if this is was asked and answered but...Is it WISE to a hot oil treatment a week before a relaxer?

Yesterday I moisturized and sealed with Shea Rinse and a new ceramide mix.

My hair feels a lil oily today so I may start sealing every other day.

I'm going to tie my hair up for the day and see how it feels tonight, then decide.

Not sure if this is was asked and answered but...Is it WISE to a hot oil treatment a week before a relaxer?

that's a good question op!

i never tried it, but am curious to know what the others think.....hmmm

beebellkel When I was relaxed I would use vo5 hot oil treatment a week early/for extra strength...I dont know if they still make vo5 hot oil/Thats the one I used..Many,many moons ago & I still got great results..

*If you decided to do a treatment a week before/use lite oils..

*NO SULFUR...Keep us posted.

Happy Hair Growing!

Did my HTN Regimen. Moisturized & Sealed with HTN Hair Oil.

Will do a HOT or Oil Rinse this weekend.

@beebellkel When I was relaxed I would use vo5 hot oil treatment a week early/for extra strength...I dont know if they still make vo5 hot oil/Thats the one I used..Many,many moons ago & I still got great results..

*If you decided to do a treatment a week before/use lite oils..

*NO SULFUR...Keep us posted.

Happy Hair Growing!

Thx! I was thinking of using BBD KING light keala oil as a hot oil treatment which includes 12 oils and fortified with walnut,grapefruit and avacado oil

Sounds good?

I will be steaming with grapeseed oil tonight.

I will be steaming with grapeseed oil tonight.

Hey, Shay! :grin:

I swore I had some grapeseed oil...? I'm gonna get some of that, some Walnut, and some Poppy Seed. :yep:

Hey, Shay! :grin:

I swore I had some grapeseed oil...? I'm gonna get some of that, some Walnut, and some Poppy Seed. :yep:

Shay72
Brownie

Yeah...Grapeseed is the Business. I ran out and never replaced.:sad:

Lemme know about Walnut & Poppy. I hear Broccoli Seed is really good too. Lita mentioned that one too.

@Shay72
@Brownie

Yeah...Grapeseed is the Business. I ran out and never replaced.:sad:

Lemme know about Walnut & Poppy. I hear Broccoli Seed is really good too. @Lita mentioned that one too.

See, this right here (the bolded!). Lita knows all the good stuff!!! :nono: Gets me every time.

That Broccoli Seed oil sounds really good! :lick:

My HOT is keeping me from doing my hair :look:

:nono:

Just the thought of having to deal with the oily mess is making me cringe. However, I will pull through lol Just not tonight :lol:

See, this right here (the bolded!). Lita knows all the good stuff!!! :nono: Gets me every time.

That Broccoli Seed oil sounds really good! :lick:

Brownie518 The broccoli seed is really good/I wish I could use it as a leave-in (smells a little/texture feels like a serum/smooth) but,it rinse's out clean/leaving behind soft tangle free shiny hair...To combat the scent you can add it to your conditioners..I use it with apricot oil/Talk about extra soft hair...*A little goes a long way ...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Yesterday I moisturized and sealed with Shea Rinse and a new ceramide mix.

My hair feels a lil oily today so I may start sealing every other day.

I'm going to tie my hair up for the day and see how it feels tonight, then decide.
I HOT last week and I'm due for a TU this week. I did clarify on Sunday though so that pretty much ridded the oil. I was too nervous to let the oil stay in my hair.

Back