HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Well I need to get some grapeseed oil...Will do this weekend!!

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Decided to moisturize and seal last night.

My hair didn't feel as oily after my nap and shower so I said "why not".

My twists aren't frizzie so I guess once a day m&s is okay.

All those oils the ladies were talking about sound nice. I know they have a few at the natural store and definitely at WF.

Moisturized & Sealed with Hydratherma Naturals (Lotions and Oil)

I used BFH Tapestry Leave In and sealed up with Hydratherma Naturals Oil...

I'm in I will be using coconut oil, jbco and aphogee oil to seal and oil my scalp.

pre poo scalp (just the bang) mustard seed,garlic,broccoli,black radish & eo mix..miss jessie creme de la curl poo (wash)....RedKen real control mask (Dc)...Darcy pumpkin seed conditioner (to rinse)...Sealed with rice bran,apricot mix.....

The rest of my scalp I used Jojoba,Camellia,JBCO,Peppermint eo & Spearmint eo mix..spritz ends/water,Seald ends with JBCO..

*This weekend I will Pre poo,Wash & Dc my entire scalp/hair..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Sealed with vatika oil (love the bling this oil gives :grin:)

I have been doing a HOT w/ coconut oil the last 3 weeks and my hair has loved me for it.
I dampen my hair with water, apply the CO with a applicator bottle, cover with plastic cap, and then wrap my turbie twist around my head. After and hour I jump in to wash my hair and my hair feels great.

I think I'm going to pick up some grapeseed oil this weekend and keep my eye on JBCO castor and coconut oil.

Sealing my ends, and massaging my scalp with EVCO.

Ladies my hair feels like silk! I mean the combination of my leave-in cream AND putting Coconut Oil on my ends has been the best thing for my hair in a long time! I mean seriously, my hair feels so light and the ends, the ends, the ends!!! :yahoo:

I mean my hands are in love with stroking the hair shaft that even my fingers are having little orgasms when the coconut oil hits their tips.......

Did a pre shampoo oil rinse yesterday with EVOO :yep:

Did the moisture prepoo again yesterday but used my new ceramide mix. I let it steam in the shower for 15min, then did an oil rinse with the ceramide mix after my cowash.

I sealed yesterday with Avosoya over KCCC since I was doing a modified WnG.

Definitely seeing a difference in my hair with all this oil use.

Oiled my scalp with Claudie's last night. Seal my ends with Moku Serum on a daily.

For the ladies who oil rinse, how do you do it?

I'v never done it but want to give it a try.

I do it one of two ways:

I wet my hair, oil it, put on a plastic cap for a few minutes or a couple hours or overnight depending on what I have going on, then I rinse, and follow with a cowash.

Or I do a ayurvedic tea rinse, cowash, apply oil, then rinse

@cherry.a

Lately, I've been doing it post DC'ing. I'll rinse my DC'er out, Apply oil and rinse with warm water.

Also, I'll do it before DC'ing. Same process. Apply Oil. Rinse w/warm water, DC and proceed.

I got tired of wearing this scarf (and I felt like playing in my hair) so I sprayed some Hydratherma Naturals Follicle Booster, applied some of the lotion, and oiled up the the oil. Its now in a messy bun.

I got tired of wearing this scarf (and I felt like playing in my hair) so I sprayed some Hydratherma Naturals Follicle Booster, applied some of the lotion, and oiled up the the oil. Its now in a messy bun.

@Brownie518

This feels soooooooooooooooo GOOD:lick:

This is my Regi, right now, twice a day. Oh yeah, and I use the Protein L-I

Okay so I used that oil that has coconut,avocado,lavender,lemongrass,basil,and clary oils in it. It smoothed my end very nicely. The smell is a bit too lavender-y though. Just a tad bit overkill. I will pre poo with it overnight and do a co-wash tomorrow morning to test it again. So far I've used it to seal both wet,and dry hair. Nice results both times.

*Just want to share...

Since starting creamide & oil challenge (pre pooing 3x a week) on bang..

I notice that my bang hold curls better/very soft & silky/looks fuller too! At least to me..

Pix 1 is now..
Pix 2 challenge begin...

I have on the same cloths so you can see the difference..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Lita

Your hair definitely looks fuller. So nice and silky, too!!

IDareT'sHair Brownie518 Thank you both very much..Thats why its a good idea to take pixs/Feeling your hair is one thing but,seeing the change (pix) really makes a difference...I hope I can keep it up..

* I owe the bling to LHCF ladies...Thanks for being supportive..

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

Tell me more about mustard oil, and your prepoo with garlic, please???

Lita

Tell me more about mustard oil, and your prepoo with garlic, please???

Hi! Mustard oil is rich in sulfur (I cant use the other sulfur products people use) but this one works for me..Anyway its very moisturizing on the hair & scalp with-out product build up (A+) for me..It can have a slight warm feeling when you rub it in & I like that/Makes you hair feel & look like pure silk with out being greasy..

*My pre poo mix is Mustard,Garlic oil,black radish,broccoli. & eo's.*Mostly Mustard & Garlic...
The garlic oil you can find at your local market /Just buy fresh garlic & blend then add to your mix..I got lazy & brought the garlic oil instead...

*Roland Garlic oil...
*KTC Mustard oil..
Or you can order online at Garden Of Wisdom.com I get my Broccoli & Black radish oils from there too! *Black radish & Broccoli have high amounts of sulfur..

*The eo's are spearmint & peppermint..

*I do use straight Mustard oil on my parts & around my bang..Great results

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Thanks, Lita!! The mustard oil sounds good.

...i got the garlic oil instead, too! :look:

Back