HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Lita

Girl.........You know I will.:lick: They both sound very nice.:yep:

Especially since they are infused with EVOO

IDareT'sHair

At one time my hair & scalp didn't like EVOO now it does .....

I wonder if its because my hair is getting healthier or may-be its just changing...

Happy Hair Growing!

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

@IDareT'sHair

I wonder if its because my hair is getting healthier or may-be its just changing... Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

Really???? WOW That's interesting....(bolded)

Well.....Your Hair looks Gorgeous in your Avatar.:grin:

@IDareT'sHair

I wonder if its because my hair is getting healthier or may-be its just changing...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita, my hair didn't like evoo either but that was when I was relax. I've not tried it since being natural.

Lita

Really???? WOW That's interesting....(bolded)

Well.....Your Hair looks Gorgeous in your Avatar.:grin:

Thank You! I'm still trying to get it as healthy as I can/trying to thicken it up too...lol

I hope I can keep my healthy hair practice up,because summer is approaching & I visit my parents during that time/they complain that I use tooooo much water for them ...Whats a girl to do...lol

Happy Hair Growing!

@Ltown
@Lita

WOW! Ltown That's interesting.:yep:

What were both of your Findings?

T, it's been years since I've tried evoo but someone told me to use it after my poo and this was way before lhcf:lol: my hair was hard after rising. Everything don't work on all hair! Now this ceramide mix of mine have been great on wet hair, so has vatika. castor oil :nono:

I brought some ghee butter from indian shop, wonder if it good for something? I got it because DLewis used it. Let me search:grin:

Lita, my hair didn't like evoo either but that was when I was relax. I've not tried it since being natural.

Ltown Glad I'm not the only one...If you have any on hand give it a try/never know...

Happy Hair Growing!

Ltown
Ghee is really good if your moisture deprived..You can leave it on over night for a good treatment/or if you need a pick me up..

Happy Hair Growing!

I wonder if QB CTDG does similar things as pure Ghee? I love QB CTDG!

I wonder if QB CTDG does similar things as pure Ghee? I love QB CTDG!

IDareT'sHair

Both are excellent products..However,Qb ctdg..You can leave in with-out a smell but,the ghee is more of a creamy tex then QB & better as a pre poo/or conditioning treatment...
*The QB doesn't have a greasy feeling & you dont have to mix it with any-thing for the smell...
*The ghee you can always use it for food...

*I still love my QB CTDG

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Just oiled up my hair with my ceramide oil mix, getting ready for my wash later.

So I did a tea rinse, cowash, and oil rinse today. I'm glad I'm only doing that 1x/wk. All that time in the shower is too much for me. That's why I had to stop detangling in the shower bc I was getting impatient. Anyways my hair feels really soft, is well defined, and my hair clumped together nicely. Just oiled my scalp with some Claudie's Elixir.

Oiled down my hair with ceramides mix.

Did an oil rinse with grapeseed oil

sealed with water and my growth oil after a particularly dry week..

Oiled my scalp with my sulfur mix and sealed with hemp oil.

Oiled my scalp and ends with melted vaseline in preparation for my relaxer tomorrow

Will be oil rinsing followed by a cowash in a bit. Will be using grapeseed oil.

I added EVOO to my henna mix last thursday and followed up with an EVOO oil rinse. I liked it, hair was smoother and easier to detangle :yep:

yesterday: prepoo with con and castor oil, shampooed, deep condition, use leave in and then oil my scalp. Follwed with QB BRBC and sealed with castor oil.

today: m&s with QB BRBC AND evoo

Last edited:

Did the moisture prepoo today. It was a bit messy for me but I know now how to do it and how not to. Next time I will mix it in a spray bottle.

My hair was sooooooo soft and shiny afterward. I used the last of my HOT ceramide mix for my oil and then Vatika Oil for my coconut Oil. I left it on for 30 minutes under the heat cap. Rinsed and did prepared my hair for Aphogee 2 step. I could still feel the benefits after rinsing the Aphogee.

I'm a lil heavy handed so my hair was a lil greasy even after a light pooing.

Definitely incorporating this weekly into my reggie. I'm so in love with my hair right now.

Did the moisture prepoo today. It was a bit messy for me but I know now how to do it and how not to. Next time I will mix it in a spray bottle.

My hair was sooooooo soft and shiny afterward. I used the last of my HOT ceramide mix for my oil and then Vatika Oil for my coconut Oil. I left it on for 30 minutes under the heat cap. Rinsed and did prepared my hair for Aphogee 2 step. I could still feel the benefits after rinsing the Aphogee.

I'm a lil heavy handed so my hair was a lil greasy even after a light pooing.

Definitely incorporating this weekly into my reggie. I'm so in love with my hair right now.

@Vonnieluvs08

Thanks for sharing this Vonnie in the Oil Thread:yep:

I was lurking at work and was hoping you'd post this here.:yep:

It's great to be in love w/your Hair!:lol:

How often do any of you ladies hot oil your hair?

Is every week too much? I was considering this since I have started hot oiling with Jojoba Oil but I was wondering if doing this every week was too much or not enough. I tend to have a dryer scalp.

IDareT'sHair

I think this will be my new way of HOT.

I was basically doing this before when I'd rinse my hair then apply oil. Now instead of water I'll use Aloe vera.

Is every week too much? I was considering this since I have started hot oiling with Jojoba Oil but I was wondering if doing this every week was too much or not enough. I tend to have a dryer scalp.

I HOT every wash day which is 1-2 times a week and my hair has thanked me for it.

My only minor problem was being heavy handed with oil, which meant drippies and sometimes oily/greasy hair. However I'm natural with dry hair and scalp and HOT has been a help esp for the fall/winter.

AvaSpeaks

I've been doing it one a week (in one form or another):yep: I also have dry scalp/skin etc.....

Back