HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

I pre poo my scalp with strong roots (red pimento oil mix with mustard seed) Dc with nexxus/BF desert leave-in/essential ceramide oil on scalp/rice bran on length/avocado butter on ends...Hair feels & looks very rich in texture

*The next 2 days my hair will be up in a braid/twist bun/my bang will be out as always.....
Thats why I added the avocado butter to the ends.....

Happy Hair Growing!

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Lita :huggle:

Thanks for posting about the Rice Bran Oil. I was curious about that one too.

Thanks for being so helpful. Especially since you have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to Oils & Thangs......:lol:

Lita :huggle:

Thanks for posting about the Rice Bran Oil. I was curious about that one too.

Thanks for being so helpful. Especially since you have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to Oils & Thangs......:lol:

Your Welcome! I'm still learning about hair-care & products...Thats why I love how we share information with each other/SO WE ALL CAN LEARN TOGETHER!

Happy Hair Growing!

Your Welcome! I'm still learning about hair-care & products...Thats why I love how we share information with each other/SO WE ALL CAN LEARN TOGETHER!

Happy Hair Growing!

@Lita

Me Too!:grin:

I like it, because it's a laid back thread and Ladies can come in, post, share, relax ...... no worries!

I've learned so much too about how to use those oils that had been just sitting around.

I had some great oils, but didn't know quite what to do with them.:perplexed

So, this thread has been very helpful.:lol:

So, I'm still experimenting with Sweet Almond Oil and so far I have nothing but positive results with it. For the past week, its the ONLY thing I've used on my toddler's 4a hair and it's great. I love the sheen and it leaves her hair soft. My hair is in mini twists and its the only product I'm using as well. So far so good. Nice sheen and my hair isn't crunchy. Whoop dee doo.

I'm going to oil my hair up with my vatika/omega 3 blend tonight. I guess I'll leave it on and rinse in the morning. The weather has been good,and I'm so taking advantage of it. I think I'll add some castor to my ends as well.

Where is a good place to purchase jojoba oil online? This is getting tough.

I oiled my scalp with Claudie's Elixir last night. Sealed this morning with Moku Serum. I got the Komaza Moku Hair Oil yesterday. Very light oil. Smells really good. I haven't tried it yet. I'm thinking since it is so light (my hair is thick) I will add it to stuff rather than oil rinsing, doing hots, or sealing with it. IIRC the ingredients are: coconut oil, kukui oil, meadowfoam seed oil, and sunflower oil.

Last edited:

I pre poo my scalp with strong roots (red pimento oil mix with mustard seed) Dc with nexxus/BF desert leave-in/essential ceramide oil on scalp/rice bran on length/avocado butter on ends...Hair feels & looks very rich in texture

*The next 2 days my hair will be up in a braid/twist bun/my bang will be out as always.....
Thats why I added the avocado butter to the ends.....

Happy Hair Growing!

How is the pimento oil for you? It burn me pretty bad!

Been sealing with my ceramide mix daily. Did a HOT on wet hair with the mix and my hair felt wonderful. Even in braids I can feel the improvement in my hair with the increased usage of oils.

Looking forward to what my loose hair will look like next week after all this extra care its gotten.

I washed my hair last Monday having forgotten to do the pretreatment with oil - there was a big difference. My hair was very knotted and was a pain to detangle, I ripped through my hair from being inpatient. So pretreatments or oil rinsing is a must for me now. *sigh* I find that the closer I get to SL the less I can get away with NOT doing.
Anyway, because of my incredibly dry and very picky scalp I have been oiling it with Qhemet's Amla Nourishing Pomade which I like because it doesn't have much of a smell and it doesn't make my scalp feel coated or look shiny like old fashion grease does. I plan to do this 1 or 2 times a week and see which works better for me. It has really helped with the itchiness I have been having lately.

Sitting with my HOT/ prepoo right now then will wash, dc and oil rinse later.

How is the pimento oil for you? It burn me pretty bad!

Ltown Sorry that happened to you..Did you use Strong roots by JBCO or just red pimento oil by itself?

Happy Hair Growing!

Where is a good place to purchase jojoba oil online? This is getting tough.

OsnapCnapp!

mountain rose herbs.com

iherb.com

new directions.com

camden grey.com

from nature with love.com

garden of wisdom.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have order from all the above/oils,butters etc..good quality products..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

@Ltown Sorry that happened to you..Did you use Strong roots by JBCO or just red pimento oil by itself?

Happy Hair Growing!

I used the strong root and only a little, it probably was also the lemon oil it the mix too.

I used the strong root and only a little, it probably was also the lemon oil it the mix too.

Ltown

I think it was the lemon too..With lemon oil you have to use small amounts....

*Its great as a growth aid if you add a little to your oil mix (lemon eo)..

Happy Hair Growing!

Evening Oil Beauties!:wave:

Sitting here under my Steamer. May do a warm oil rinse after my DC Session.

And will use Pure Argan Oil w/my Leave-In and then apply a little HTN Oil during my Moisturizing & Seal routine.

@IDareT'sHair Thank YOU for starting this challenge! I love this thread!

baglady215 :luv2:

Thanks Girl. I'm glad. I enjoy it too!:yep:

AND.........everyone seems to be getting such great results!:grin:

It has totally given me a new appreciation for "Oils" and the results you can get from incorporating them into your regular Regi.:yep:

I did a warm water Oil Rinse with Burdock Root Oil with Ceramides last night after DC'ing/Steaming. Very nice.:yep:

M&S today with HTN products.

I did a warm water Oil Rinse with Burdock Root Oil with Ceramides last night after DC'ing/Steaming. Very nice.:yep:

M&S today with HTN products.

IDareT'sHair My scalp loves burdock root & nettle mix with oils/Scalp & hair feels so good..
*Burdock root aids in growth too!

Happy Hair Growing!

@IDareT'sHair My scalp loves burdock root & nettle mix with oils/Scalp & hair feels so good..
*Burdock root aids in growth too! Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

IK (bolded):grin:.

I found a (premixed) Burdock Root oil with Ceramides :yep: It's very nice.

I bet 'nettles' and maybe some 'horsetail' would really be dabomb in there too.:lick:

@Lita

I bet 'nettles' and maybe some 'horsetail' would really be dabomb in there too.:lick:

@IDareT'sHair My scalp loves burdock root & nettle mix with oils/Scalp & hair feels so good..
*Burdock root aids in growth too!

Happy Hair Growing!
Yep, nettle, burdocks good for hair and skin. I infuse my ceramdies oils with skin tea mix, that has (burdock, nettle, hibiscus, clover, dandelion, yellow root, grape root, green tea). I didn't like the taste but mxing with oil for hair so much better.:grin:

Yep, nettle, burdocks good for hair and skin. I infuse my ceramdies oils with skin tea mix, that has (burdock, nettle, hibiscus, clover, dandelion, yellow root, grape root, green tea). I didn't like the taste but mxing with oil for hair so much better.:grin:

Ltown

Girl.....This sounds really, really good!:lick:

Lita

Camden Grey.com Nettle is pretty nice its infused with EVOO...The burdock root is nice too!
Both are infused with EVOO....Nice & Soft..

I purchase the 2 oils from there..

Happy Hair Growing!

Camden Grey.com Nettle is pretty nice its infused with EVOO...The burdock root is nice too!
Both are infused with EVOO....Nice & Soft..

I purchase the 2 oils from there..Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

*off to check camden grey*:look:

Lita

Hmp.:look:

I may hafta' treat myself to those next week.:look:

Decent prices....

Back