HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Sealed with grapeseed oil after my leave in.

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Moisturized with Hydratherma Naturals Protein L-I and Sealed with HTN Oil.

Hi Ladies!

So last week was a bust. I had deadlines out of the ying yang, so I didn't get to try the oil rinse. However, I got bright and early on Sunday morning and gave it a try. I used JBCO, castor oil, coconut oil, almond oil, mustard oil, olive oil, and peppermint oil. I mixed them all together, and heated them up in the microwave. After I cowashed, I applied the oil and sat under my steamer for 30 minutes. Then I hopped in the shower and rinsed it out, and applied a little Hair One.

Me likey! I will definitely be doing that one again.:yep::lick:

I heavily oiled dry hair with mustard oil. Will rinse, shampoo, condition, etc. later today.

I have mustard oil on my scalp since last night & hemp seed mix on the length..Leaving it on all day..

Hemp seed mix is by North American Hemp Co. ingredients-hemp seed,sunflower seed,coconut oil,olive oil & orange oil....*I have been using this for a while/it does wonders as a deep treatment & to seal...

*You can find it locally...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita, where do you find all this good stuff???

I used my new ceramide oil mix to coat my hair after I applied my DC. I also used it to seal my leave in before drying. My hair dried so soft and strong and shiny. I'm really liking the addition of the rice bran oil to my mix.

I used my new ceramide oil mix to coat my hair after I applied my DC. I also used it to seal my leave in before drying. My hair dried so soft and strong and shiny. I'm really liking the addition of the rice bran oil to my mix.

@Lita
@choctaw
@Brownie518

Isn't that the truff???:lol:

These 2 Ladies always manage to come up with some unique combos. They are the Oil-Divas for sure. They know their Stuff.:grin:

I am constantly amazed at what they are able to come up with for an Oil Regimen.:lick:

Keep up the Good Work Everyone!!!!:grin:

Last edited:

@Lita
@choctaw
@Brownie518

Isn't that the truff???:lol:

These 2 Ladies always manage to come up with some unique combos. They are the Oil-Divas for sure. They know their Stuff.:grin:

I am constantly amazed at what they are able to come up with for an Oil Regimen.:lick:

Keep up the Good Work Everyone!!!!:grin:

I just found the one Lita mentioned, the hemp mix, on Amazon. I need to ask her how much she pays for it. :look:

I've been slackin' ova heeya!

I *will* pre-poo with coconut oil on Saturday and I'm going to add castor oil to whatever I dc with.

All of these fancy oils in here! :blush: Dang, guys. :lol:

I am about to steam with Mega-Tek, Coconut and a little moisturizing Aphogee conditioner...We'll see how it turns out. I've been keeping coconut oil on the ends and don't have a split end in sight, thank goodness!! Trying to make sure I keep those strands moist.

Off topic...I just got Chicoro's book in the mail yesterday. I was curious about her "methods". Detangling and moisture seem to be the focus.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm always on the look out for good quality products (oils,butters,conditioners etc) because I look for my Mom & Aunts too...They live out of state so I try to help them out...

*If I order on line I try to find sellers with good turn over policy & great customer service....

Happy Hair Growing!

I just found the one Lita mentioned, the hemp mix, on Amazon. I need to ask her how much she pays for it. :look:

Brownie518

Hi! I paid $8.99 for my bottle..I brought it from duane reade...Its good to catch the sells..

Happy Hair Growing!

Hummmm..I am loving all these oil combinations in here!
This morning I oiled my scalp with Vatika oil, mixed with a little Wild Growth oil that I've had forever but didn't know what to do with it. :look: Figured this would be a good way to get me started using it. The smell wasn't too bad, and my scalp seemed to like it. I sat with it on my scalp after a little head massage, covered with my heat cap for 10 minutes. Before bed tonite, I'll moisturize my strands with a little spritz mix, and leave-in.

@Brownie518

Hi! I paid $8.99 for my bottle..I brought it from duane reade...Its good to catch the sells..

Happy Hair Growing!

:ohwell: Hmph! I see the 6+ ounce for 17.11...what the?? :nono:

ETA - found it for half that...Phewww!!!!

I am about to steam with Mega-Tek, Coconut and a little moisturizing Aphogee conditioner...We'll see how it turns out. I've been keeping coconut oil on the ends and don't have a split end in sight, thank goodness!! Trying to make sure I keep those strands moist.

Off topic...I just got Chicoro's book in the mail yesterday. I was curious about her "methods". Detangling and moisture seem to be the focus.

prettyhair73 Yes,moisture,detanlgling is the key & adding healthy products helps to maintain *I carefully detangle/add moisture/seal with oil...

Happy Hair Growing!

Moisturized the hair after poo with HTN tonight.

Moisturized Tonight with Hydratherma Naturals (HTN) Follicle Booster, Protein L-I & Hair Lotion.

Sealed with (HTN) Oil.:lick:

I want to try an oil rinse.

To my oil divas: Do you do it like the oil rinse thread says (poo or CW, rinse, oil, rinse, DC, etc.) or do you do something different? What are your fav oils for rinsing?

TIA!

Last night oiled scalp with Claudie's Elixir.

Sealed ends with Komaza's Moku Serum this morning.

Tonight oiled with grapeseed,put on plastic cap for about 4 hours, then steamed. Put some dc on top to stay on overnight.

I want to try an oil rinse.

To my oil divas: Do you do it like the oil rinse thread says (poo or CW, rinse, oil, rinse, DC, etc.) or do you do something different? What are your fav oils for rinsing?

TIA!

baglady215 I dont oil rinse to much..I do pre poo a lot...For the oil rinse..I like poppy seed,sweet almond oil & grape seed...It washes out very nice...Leaving a lot of shine..poppy seed seems to make it look & feel fuller...

*To pre poo I like rice bran..It seems to give more protection to the ends (makes them very smooth & gives it a healthy appearance...I like strong roots (red pimento oil)..& a host of others for pre pooing..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

@baglady215 I dont oil rinse to much..I do pre poo a lot...For the oil rinse..I like poppy seed,sweet almond oil & grape seed...It washes out very nice...Leaving a lot of shine..poppy seed seems to make it look & feel fuller...

*To pre poo I like rice bran..It seems to give more protection to the ends (makes them very smooth & gives it a healthy appearance...I like strong roots (red pimento oil)..& a host of others for pre pooing..

Happy Hair Growing!

I just started using the Rice Bran and its :lick:. I'm glad I got the 16oz.:yep: I need to take a look at the poppy seed oil.

I just started using the Rice Bran and its :lick:. I'm glad I got the 16oz.:yep: I need to take a look at the poppy seed oil.

If you try the poppy seed..Let me know how you like it...

Happy Hair Growing!

Moisturized Tonight with Hydratherma Naturals (HTN) Follicle Booster, Protein L-I & Hair Lotion.

Sealed with (HTN) Oil.:lick:

This has been my Regi Twice a Day lately.

So, I just finished this.:yep:

Will do a HOT tomorrow with Soybean Oil. Should finish that up and may hafta' add some EVOO with it.

Next to use up: WhGO.:yep:

By the end of April, I want to have my Oil Stash down to a sensible amount. And maybe try 1 or 2 new oils.

OR Repurchase Avacado, Grapeseed & Hempseed which I used early on, loved and never replaced.

Deep conditioning with Aphogee 2 min and then deep conditioning with BFH Banana and Avocado Mask. Will co wash with Ginger Orangel Cleansing Condtioner. I will use Elucence MB as my leave in, oil my scalp with castor oil, moisturize with QB BRBC and seal with evoo!

Oil rinsed with sweet almond and coconut oil after my cowash.

For those of you who use rice bran oil, does it have a smell?? I'm trying to get my oil stash up but if I can't take the smell of something I won't use it.

Oil rinsed with sweet almond and coconut oil after my cowash.

For those of you who use rice bran oil, does it have a smell?? I'm trying to get my oil stash up but if I can't take the smell of something I won't use it.

LuvlyRain3..The one I use does not smell...

Happy Hair Growing!

Back