HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Thanks so much ladies. I'm so excited, that my edges are filling in!!

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

i oiled overnight with evoo and then oiled again with it today beforei shampooed.

If Ya'll can think of any Oils to Help GrowingHealthyHair with her Edges, other than the ones I named, please let her (us) know.

Thanks!

Fro my edges I use JBCO,peppermint,camphor,black radish eo.....Apply it at night..

*Sulfur if your not sensitive to it.....

*If you are sensitive to sulfur try the black radish eo...It contains natural sulfur...Or use mustard seed oil it also contains natural sulfur...l...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Fro my edges I use JBCO,peppermint,camphor,black radish eo.....Apply it at night..

*If you are sensitive to sulfur try the black radish eo...It contains natural sulfur...Or use mustard seed oil it also contains natural sulfur...l...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

This sounds Delish!:lick:

Chile....You know You Will Mix Up some Potions!:lol: Sounds wonderful.

Happy Hair Growing!

All of these oils sound so great. I'm going to check out some websites to see if i can find these oils. Any of you ever heard of this website.

Essential Oils, Aromatherapy, Candle, Soap, Cosmetic & Spa Supplies

growinghealthyhair...I buy some of my oils from.... Garden Of Wisdom
thy ship pretty fast too!

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Thanks so much ladies. I'm so excited, that my edges are filling in!!

Sesame oil (light one) available at Indian grocers is good for hair growth.

Mustard oil is another good oil available at Indian grocers (warning: contains sulfur and warms the scalp). Buy the smallest bottle and test on your skin. Some people have allergic reactions.

I sealed up with some SSI Pumpkin Defrizz before I went to bed. Woke up with it nice and soft and smooth.

Sealed for tonight with Hydratherma Naturals Oil

These are a few oils I was thinking of purchasing..>What do you ladies think??

Camphor Essential Oil 3.3 oz
Argan Carrier Oil 3.3 oz
Avocado Carrier Oil 16 oz
Evening Primrose Organic Carrier Oil 16 oz
Kukuinut Carrier Oil 3.3 oz
Ricebran Carrier Oil 16 oz
Flax Seed Organic Carrier Oil 16 oz
Camellia Seed Carrier Oil 16 oz
Hemp Seed Organic Carrier Oil 16 oz
Almond Sweet Virgin Carrier Oil (Spain) 16 oz
Meadowfoam Carrier Oil
Grapeseed Carrier Oil
Tea Tree Australian Essential Oil
Aloe Vera Gel Juice - Raw Material

How do you seal your hair exactly?

Apply your Moisturizer (usually a water-based lotion or cream) Then lightly apply some oil over it to seal your Moisturizer in.

I usually do my whole head although you can also just seal your ends.:yep:

about to an oil rinse buuuuuuuuut imma spray my hair with a little water first (heard it helped better absorb the moisture a bit...)

I've seen it too for some time now but I've always heard truffles with chocolate so didn't know what could be in that oil.

You are right, the truffles are always the flavor added to the chocolate or oil in this case. If the brand was Tourangelle, it was sunflower oil infused with truffles. I would use that one for cooking. I love Tourangelle plain sunflower oil for oil pulling (cleaning teeth, gums).

Used my sister's special Shea/coconut oil and essential oil mix on my hair and the sulfur and oil mix on my scalp. I'm getting a lot of growth but won't reveal until March 31st.

Doing braid-out chignons daily and keeping the ends moist with coconut oil.

I warmed MTG Sulu and applied it to my scalp. Then I deep conditioned and flat ironed. My hair is shiny and full of body.

ChocTaw, and T here is my research on white truffle oil and to anyone else interested!

Truffles are one of the world's most complex and mysterious foods. Truly exceptional truffles (almost all of which from Italy) are costly, perishable and hard to find, but truffle oil captures the essence of Italy's best truffles without the expense.

This truffle seasoning, made with extra virgin olive oil and a slice of real white truffle, is a flavorful enhancement for steak, pasta, fried eggs, mushroom dishes and cheese.

This olive oil is infused with the exotic flavor of white truffles sometimes know as the "fruit of the woods" and comes in small bottles because a little of its very strong truffle flavor goes a long way.

A few drops of the truffle olive oil will give the final touch of class to an unforgettable dish. Drizzled over a sliced loaf of warmed bread, it makes an unusual, deeply flavored variation of garlic bread.

It is an excellent ingredient of the "primit piatti" or first course, particularly with risotto, pasta and fish dishes or just pour a few drops on a simple salad. Truffle oil is often poured at the table, so that the full aroma can escape and do its thing on your guest.

What is a truffle?
A truffle is a fungus that grows 3-12 inches below the ground at the base of certain trees and can only be located by pigs or dogs. Of the nearly 70 known varieties, the most desirable are black truffles (often from Umbria) and white truffles (from Piemonte). Fresh truffles are generally available from late fall to midwinter.

Truffle oil is a high-quality olive oil that has been infused with the flavor of either white or black truffles. It has an earthy flavor and is used sparingly to give a burst of flavor to savory dishes. It is as difficult to describe the taste of white or black truffle oil as it is to try to differentiate them, but both are earthy, savory, and robust. The white oil is likely to have a bit of a peppery taste. The source and quality of the oil used has a substantial impact on the taste, as well.

The best use for truffle oil is summed up in one word — drizzle. It is drizzled over mashed potatoes, slices of fresh bread, risottos, frittatas, foccacia and pizzas, asparagus, bowls of pasta, fancy salads (preferably including scallops), thick soups, and mushroom ragouts and sauces. Beyond the drizzle, it is used (sparingly) to make vinaigrettes for fancy salads or other vegetable dishes. Finally, once you get a handle on the taste, experiment by adding a little truffle oil to some of your favorite dishes. You may well find that the best use for your oil is one of your own creations.

So in a nutshell it's olive oil:rolleyes: I'm pass on that one for the hair:nono:

I always forget to come in here and update :ohwell:. Well I just finish prepooing with aloe vera juice and evoo. Once I am finish shampooing and deep conditioning I will oil my scalp with castor oil. This is the regimen I do every week. Although I oil my scalp 2-3x a week with castor oil

Rinse: hibiscus fenugreek tea
Oil rinse and scalp massage: rice bran oil
co-wash and detangle: Tigi Bed Head conditioner
oil scalp: coconut oil mixed with few drops of argan oil
Apply eco custard and make celie braids

Massaged my scalp with Red pimento Oil

still doing scalp massages although not with added oil due to build up...still using my growth oil..

I started to oil my hair up with some grapeseed oil,then I got curious about an argan oil blend that I bought as a facial moisturizer. The base is argan oil and lavender water. it has some other really good ingredients. No cones and no fillers. I slathered it all over my hair,and I'm going to sleep with a plastic cap on tonight. Will rinse in the morning.

Last night I Dc my bang (only),leave-in,used essential oil nutrients on my scalp,sealed with rice bran/jojoba mix....My bang feels like it belongs to some-one else...The roots feel like velvet...NOT ONE STRAND OF HAIR CAME OUT!

Essential Nutrients oil treatment ingredients-Ceramides,Coconut oil,Olive oil,Vit A,B & E..
Its a small tube you apply it to your scalp 1-2x's a week...OPTIMUM CARE CERAMIDE TREATMENT FOR DRY SCALP...Cons-It has a STRONG perfume scent.....

Happy Hair Growing!

I'll do an oil rinse with Vatika Oil on Thursday

I oiled up my hair with my mix of CoCasta, Hemp Seed, Rice bran, and Safflower oils. I'm gonna wash this afternoon.

Sealed my hair with grapeseed oil last night. Sealed this morning with Komaza Moku Serum.

Back