HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

I did a prepoo with AV juice/castor oil/grapeseed oil. Sealed with hemp oil.

Oh, and I added some grapeseed oil to my body wash and my lotion. Soft silky skin! (My skin HATES winter.) I :love::love::love::love::love: grapeseed oil! It has been working wonders on my hair, my face, and now my body. Getting ready to pick up a gallon of this stuff!

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Oh, and I added some grapeseed oil to my body wash and my lotion. Soft silky skin! (My skin HATES winter.) I :love::love::love::love::love: grapeseed oil! It has been working wonders on my hair, my face, and now my body. Getting ready to pick up a gallon of this stuff!

baglady215

IA: Grapeseed is the Truth.:grin:

I hate I never replaced it:perplexed

Moisturized with Hydratherma Naturals & Sealed with Hydratherma Naturals Hair Oil

I have a couple tablespoons of mustard oil in my henna paste. The paste is still soft under the plastic cap after several hours and no drips ... kewl

So after looking at Sareca's op in the oil rinses thread I realized she was oiling on wet hair. I didn't feel like getting in & out of the shower more than once today so I dampened my hair with a spray bottle, oiled my hair with grapeseed oil, put on a plastic cap for two hours, rinsed then cowashed with Mozeke's Avocado Cleansing cream. Results :love:. My hair is soft and with very defined coils & curls.

Will be oiling my scalp in a bit with Claudie's Scalp Elixir.

@Shay72

When I use my Heat Cap (I do it on dry hair). However, when I've been doing those Warm/Hot Water Rinses, I've been doing it after Cowashing or DCing.:yep:

I think when I try it under the Steamer, it will be on freshly cowashed (or poo'ed hair).

I oiled rinsed my bang last night with poppy seed cowash it out with nourish conditioner/yes to carrots dc/komaza leave-in/sealed with jojoba,rice bran mix....fluffy soft,moisturize blinging bang...

Happy Hair Growing!

I bought some Hot Six oil for the first time!

Friday night I warmed up the oil and applied it to my scalp and hair. The next day I rinsed, cleanse, DC, rollerset.

My hair was easier to detangle. And the final results are super soft hair that feels like silk.

I am about to rub EVCO on my freshly co-washed hair. I will massage my scalp with Red Pimento before bed tonight.

I been using vatika oil heavy while out of town so much that I left juice on the leather seats at the airport:nono:. Reminded me of jheri curl juice on the couch in the movie Coming to America:lachen:

Just flatiron and oil with HTN growth oil.

I added some gleau oil to sitrinillah. I've got a plastic cap on now. Will take it off and steam in a bit.

I been using vatika oil heavy while out of town so much that I left juice on the leather seats at the airport:nono:. Reminded me of jheri curl juice on the couch in the movie Coming to America:lachen:

you were going hardcore with eau de Vatika? :lol:

Jheri_curl.gif

Just flatiron and oil with HTN growth oil.

you were going hardcore with eau de Vatika? :lol:

Jheri_curl.gif

..........:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oiled my entire scalp with JBCO,Jojoba,Camellia,peppermint eo,ginger eo, & lavender eo mix......Damp the ends with water Sealed with rice bran....

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

@Lita
@choctaw
and others..................:yep:

I saw some White Truffle Oil today (at TJ Maxx...in the Spice/Oil area) has any one tried?

I know PhilipB and Alterna has a White Truffle DC'er w/White Truffle Oil.:lick:

It sounded really good, but I passed because I am trying to use up some of the oils I have.:ohwell:

I'll wait to see if either of you (or anyone else) has tried????

You ladies are on your stuff. I wish I was as knowledgable as most of you!! I'm newly natural so learning what my hair loves!! The only oil that i'm using religiously right now is my JBCO. Any other suggestions for thinning edges?? I thought my edges were LOST never to be returned, but i've been using JBCO for about 3 months now (I've used it daily for the last month) and i am seeing hair starting to grow in. I'm truly impressed.

Oil's are so easy for me to apply. I think this is what my hair was missing. I did an oil rinse with Coconut oil today and JBCO. My hair feels so nice and soft. I love my natural hair. The only thing that just saddens me are my edges. If my edges weren't in such bad condition I would actually wear my TWA out.

What other oil can you ladies suggest to help thicken and grow out my edges and nape?? EMU oil is already on my list(trying to find a good brand)....Any other oil suggestions would be great :-)

How do you ladies even know what oils to use? Some of these oils i would've never thouhgt to ever put in my hair!!

@Lita
@choctaw

I saw some White Truffle Oil today (at TJ Maxx...in the Spice/Oil area) has any one tried?

It sounded really good, but I passed because I am trying to use up some of the oils I have.:ohwell:

I have never tried it...But,if you do..PLEASE give a review...

Happy Hair Growing!

gonna add some hair dew to the ends of my twists and seal with castor oil.

growinghealthyhair

You may want to try some Rosemary Oil to help your edges as well as JBCO. (I couldn't use the Rosemary...I had a reaction from it even mixed with other Oils:perplexed) some use Eucalyptus and I know there are many others. Simple Extra Virgin Olive is also good too.

I currently use Claudie Scalp Exlir and Claudie Temple Balm Rejuvenator (as a Growth Aid). I also use Hydratherma Naturals Growth Oil.

Some of the Ladies also use Red Pimento Oil. You have alot of Options.

Keep us Posted.:yep:

@Lita
@choctaw

Aramco oughta hire you to pimp their oil reserves!! :lachen::lachen:
I went to TJ yesterday but I forced myself to pass by the conditioners and oils and just buy some shampoo because I'm scraping the bottom of my last 2 bottles. TJ had sesame oil which I already have. I sincerely doubt that I would have left white truffle oil on the shelf :look:

Aramco oughta hire you to pimp their oil reserves!! :lachen::lachen:
I went to TJ yesterday but I forced myself to pass by the conditioners and oils and just buy some shampoo because I'm scraping the bottom of my last 2 bottles. TJ had sesame oil which I already have. I sincerely doubt that I would have left white truffle oil on the shelf :look:

choctaw

....................:lol:

And they had several bottles too:ohwell:.

This challenge is really helping me to concentrate on using up oils. I just could not allow myself to get it.:nono:

Oh Choc you had to pull it out the video, good one:lachen: my scalp is still sore from the pimento oil burn and vatika was cooling and dripping:lachen:

I am sorry to hear that the pimento oil irritated your scalp. I am glad that the vatika is giving you some relief and thank you for posting your experience with the pimento oil.

@choctaw

....................:lol:

And they had several bottles too:ohwell:.

This challenge is really helping me to concentrate on using up oils. I just could not allow myself to get it.:nono:

I've seen it too for some time now but I've always heard truffles with chocolate so didn't know what could be in that oil.

Sealed with my mix and put away my hair for the night.

If Ya'll can think of any Oils to Help GrowingHealthyHair with her Edges, other than the ones I named, please let her (us) know.

Thanks!

growinghealthyhair

You may want to try some Rosemary Oil to help your edges as well as JBCO. (I couldn't use the Rosemary...I had a reaction from it even mixed with other Oils:perplexed) some use Eucalyptus and I know there are many others. Simple Extra Virgin Olive is also good too.

I currently use Claudie Scalp Exlir and Claudie Temple Balm Rejuvenator (as a Growth Aid). I also use Hydratherma Naturals Growth Oil.

If you decide to use Eucalyptus eo..Use in a small amount because it can cause headaches......

Happy Hair Growing!

Happy Hair Growing!

growinghealthyhair

Thanks so much. I will try those oils. Is this a good website for oils??

Essential Oils, Aromatherapy, Candle, Soap, Cosmetic & Spa Supplies

Back