HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

I'll be using these HOTs

Vatika
Jojoba
Coconut
JBCO
Sweet Almond
Claudie's Mix
Wheat Germ

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Did a HOT on wet hair with my ceramide mix. I'm going to try this way for the rest of the time I have my braids in.

Will seal with the ceramide mix after my leave in.

Having the braids in is really letting me use my oils. I' not really a daily sealer, but the braids allow for it and rarely get greasy/oily.

I did a HOT with a mix of oils. I think there was Amla, JBCO, Garlic, Hemp Seed, and CoCasta. Needless to say, it kinda stank but felt good. When I did my DC, I added a little Safflower oil, too. Nice...

Did a HOT on wet hair with my ceramide mix. I'm going to try this way for the rest of the time I have my braids in.

Will seal with the ceramide mix after my leave in.

Having the braids in is really letting me use my oils. I' not really a daily sealer, but the braids allow for it and rarely get greasy/oily.

How do your hair feel after it dry from wet oiling?

Last night I did a HOT with grapeseed oil. First with a plastic cap for 2 hours then I got under the steamer with it. I left it in and did an overnight dc with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque to which I had already added gleau oil . My hair feels like butter today. I will oil again with grapeseed tonight, rinse in the morning, followed by a cowash. I will also be using Claudie's Elixir and doing a scalp massage tonight.

Will do a HOT tomorrow night with Extra Virgin Olive Oil under my Mastex.

Will DC after that.

Applied after poo, and dc ceramides mix and vatika frosting,

How do your hair feel after it dry from wet oiling?

Initially it felt softer. It isn't fully dry yet so I can't make a finally decision.

I do think I'm going to try it more often after I take the braids out.

Finished Up a Hairveda Cocosta/JBCO Mix I mixed up.

Won't replace the Cocosta. Will just stick with JBCO.

Hot oil treatment on my bang/Argan DC/Rinsed with TW/BF leave-in/Sealed with Meadowform,Jojoba mix....(Just the bang today)..

The rest of my scalp I used JBCO,Camellia,Jojoba, Eo mix
On the length Soy Butter/coconut moisturizer....

*Mega Care (Oil treatment) Ingredients-sweet almond oil,lemon oil,wheat germ oil,grape seed,jojoba,vit e & rosemary extract....very smooth application/rinsed well too! ITS A KEEPER.....

Happy Hair Growing!

*Mega Care (Oil treatment) Ingredients-sweet almond oil,lemon oil,wheat germ oil,grape seed,jojoba,vit e & rosemary extract....very smooth application/rinsed well too! ITS A KEEPER.....Happy Hair Growing!

.............:drool:

^^^ Thank u! I will definitely pick this up next time!

^^^ Thank u! I will definitely pick this up next time!

Keep me posted...I only used it as a hot oil treatment...Let me know how you use it & what you think!

Happy Hair Growing!

Cream of Nature shampoo
rice bran oil rinse with scalp massage
wash & detangle with skala conditioner
acv diluted in catnip tea leave-in rinse
oil scalp and seal ends with hemp seed/argan oil blend
soft fat bantu knots for twist out tomorrow

Last edited:

sealed with my growth oil after a quick cowash today.....

wow, the oiling going on here is really inspirational!

thanks @baglady215 for the link! i found lots of good recipies that i can't wait to try!

thanks to the awareness this thread is giving me, i must testify that i have been much more open to ps'ing lately.

for example, i've had a week where i haven't had to be around colleagues much so i've been not only keeping the oil on, but also covering my head with a plastic cap, black scarf and cute hats, so i've been "wearing" my oil treatments around town all week!

this is an exceptional alternative to the baggy bun, which i love, but bunning does require that i do something to my hair, unlike wearing a hat (i've kept my hair oiled in braids underneath).

when i finally do get around to styling my hair to wear it out, i'm sure it will be much healthier because i've never felt my hair stay consistently as soft as it is now!

happy oiling ladies!

Will Relaxed Later on today.

Applied Pure Keratin Oil to Previously Relaxed Hair.:yep:

I just did a HOT with EVCO on dry hair for 30 mins.

Now I'm dc'ing with elasta qp soy oil deep conditioner. I really like it. It makes coming this hair a breeze!

Let me head on over to the roller setting challenge since I will finally be doing a set today :look:

Oil rinsed today with grapeseed and olive oil after a cowash. Bought some sweet almond oil yesterday. Don't really know what I'm going to do with it yet. It was on sale so..... :look: :look:

I just took off my scarf and put some Emu and Jojoba on. I hope I can get away with not leaving the house again today. If so, I'll soak my hair in JBCO for my prepoo. My new ceramide oils should be here today so I'll make a new mix and probably add it to my DC.

Did an oil rinse today with some vatika oil that I had previously added some of my omega 3 blend to. I really needed that today. I was having some slight breakage from something stupid that I did.:look:
It's mostly gone now. My hair feels almost normal again. It dried really soft too. I moisturize with Oyin hair dew,and sealed with the vatika/omega 3 blend. Very nice results,and my ends feel good too.

Tonight:

Dried using Pure Argan Oil
Moisturized & then Sealed with Hydratherma Naturals Oil

I did another pretreatment with coconut oil and washed my hair. I love that stuff! It really helps to combat the dryness of the medicated anti-dandruff shampoo that I'm using right now. Used the samples I bought from Brown Butter Beauty and Qhemet afterward. AOHC mixed with OHHB puts my hair in moisture heaven. :lick:

Last night I moisturize my hair with komaza coconut milk/rice bran oil on the ends/poppy seed on the length to seal...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last night I moisturize my hair with komaza coconut milk/rice bran oil on the ends/poppy seed on the length to seal...Happy Hair Growing!

How interesting & unique.... (Poppy Seed oil):yep:

How interesting & unique.... (Poppy Seed oil):yep:

It works very well on damp or soaking wet hair...At least for me....It washes out easy & doesn't weigh the hair down..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Ok, so I did an o/n pre poo treatment with hempseed + EVOO. I applied a little more EVOO in the morning and did an oil rinse with hot water in the shower; then proceeded to wash and DC as usual. I love it! I've done o/n pre-poos before but the oil rise makes a difference. My hair was even easier to detangle, so much so that as I was under the shower I could feel the shed hairs gliding out under the running water! :yep:. My hair is noticeably shinier, even before as it was airdrying with no product, I saw shine, like that gloss you get after a fresh henna tx. I will do this again in in 1 week.

Back