HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends Sealing&Scalp Oiling 9/1 - 12/31 2011

Been massaging my hair line for the past half hour. It feels good! Gonna apply some JBCO to my hairline and ends and go to bed.

Buttered my scalp with Seyani after my wash (this afternoon), and used a little vatika frosting all over. Gonna hit the ends with the butter again now that its time for bed and seal with grapeseed oil.

'Night Divas! :sleep:

LaidBak

I've been in a Buttered-Up Mood too LB!:grin:

I'm liking Njoi Creations Healthy Hair Butter w/MSM. It's nice. And Her Ayurvedic Hair Butter and the Green Tea Butter.:lick:

Another Poster sent me Claudie's Curl Butter. :yep:

It looks and smells wonderful:lick:
tiffers have you tried this one?

@LaidBak

I've been in a Buttered-Up Mood too LB!:grin:

I'm liking Njoi Creations Healthy Hair Butter w/MSM. It's nice. And Her Ayurvedic Hair Butter and the Green Tea Butter.:lick:

Another Poster sent me Claudie's Curl Butter. :yep:

It looks and smells wonderful:lick:
@tiffers have you tried this one?

Its the vanilla almond scent that has me in love with Seyani! And the fact that my hair LOVES shea butter and this stuff is whipped. Not too heavy, not too light...well it just makes this stuff perfect for me!

The ingredients are fab! Certified organic Unrefined Shea Butter, Coconut oil, Organic Avocado Oil, Grape seed oil, Glycerine, Sorbitan Oleate, Hydrolyzed wheat protein, soya bean oil, kiwi oil, macadamia nut oil, panthenol, rosemary oil, sweet almond oil, eucalyptus oil, Aqua, fragrance,Phenoxyethanol.

I had a sample in my stash literally for YEARS before I tried it. I'm so glad I didn't trash it. :love: OK I'mma stop gushing now...

Well, I have been getting tired of the daily manipulation of my hair, so I was anxious to go and buy a new wig to rock this fall and winter. Happened to snag one on sale (last one available), so I came home from the BSS, spritzed with leave-in mix and smoothed on carrot oil creme.

Braided hair in 2 thick French braids to the back (wig is big and curly, so the braids wont be too bulky and cause the wig to lift in the top). Sealed ends and exposed hair (and edges) with castor oil/shea butter pomade. Donned satin scarf (which I wear that or a smooth edged satin bonnet around the house...wig only goes on when I leave the house).

My hair will remain braided under my wig for the next few weeks until next wash. Will do a diluted shampoo of scalp and to remove product buildup/perspiration, deep cond. mask, oil rinse, cheapie cond. and braid her up again after leaving in a cheapie, hair creme/butter, and saturating with Ayurvedic oil (Brahmi or Vatika).

I LOVE the Fall and Winter because I can slap on a wig and call it a day!! :drunk:

@Jewell

Gurl Me Too!.....:lol: And if you get the 'right' one....there is Never a Bad Hair Day.

Hmp.:rolleyes: Keeps the Head Warm too.

Yes indeed! I have wigs from over 6 yrs ago that still look brand new, because I take good care of them, and even trim the ends when they start looking a lil unkempt, lol. I really care for my wigs; I consider them an investment!

Sometimes I go out-of-town with my natural hair exposed, but I always take a wig just in case my own hair goes bad! :lachen: Wigs give me that "salon look" with only a small initial investment that more than pays for itself over the life of the wig. 6 yrs and counting out of a $49 wig? Sounds like a PLAN to me!!

@IslandDiva08 Keep us Posted on your Monoi Tiki Tahiti Vanilla Oil!:grin:

Sounds Interesting.:yep:
IDareT'sHair Got it today.......... love the scent:lick:, but i won't use it on my hair. I am thinking about mixing it with my lotion and use it that way, or by itself.

The name does give the impression of something exotic and rare:lol::lol:, but It's good 'ole' coconut oil :grin::grin:.....infused with vanilla bean and Tiare flower.

Applied a little oil blend to my scalp this morning before I walked out the door. Maybe I should make an oil blend that I can use on both my body and my hair.

My hair is SO shiny from the JBCO i put in last night. I have the sunroof open and Im loving how the sun reflects off of it!

Brownie518 Isn't Nourish Oil the bomb?! I love it so hard. :cloud9:

Have you tried mixing it with Vanilla Silk for a dc? Amazing. :love:

Oil rinse with blend of Mahanarayan and castor oils. Used small amount of kesavardhini and mustard oils on edges and ends. Braid to dry

Soothing my scalp. Dabbed on some AVG and then put on my oil blend. ahhhh .... feels so much better. My scalp said, Thank You For Caring :lol:

Last night: Massaged my scalp with claudie's elixir and prepooed with my mix.

Today: Oil rinsed with hemp & CO and will seal later with Enso's serum.

Moisturized with Oyin's Juices & Berries and sealed with coconut oil. I want to bling at church tomorrow since I've been in the house all week.

@BreeNique

You hafta' come on over here in the Oils Thread and take a Look Around for some ideas.:grin:

I'm liking:

Pure Argan
Pequi Oil
Black Cumin Seed
Pure Pumpkin
Pure Plum is getting alot of thumbs up
Of course oils like: Hempseed, Emu, Jojoba (Pure), JBCO

In the Oil Blends I like:
Hairveda Cocosta
Hairveda Avosoya Oil
Hydratherma Naturals Growth Oil
Shea Moisture Exlir
Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin, Cherry, Peach, Watermelon, Apricot, Plum Oils

Growth Oils:
Tiiva
Claudie Exlir
Camille Rose

I've been using hot 6 regularly since I'm deep into a stretch. I'll ease up on it after I get my TU later this week. I'll go back to using my Tiiva oil.

Back