HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends Sealing&Scalp Oiling 9/1 - 12/31 2011

sprayed olive oil into my roots and massaged it down to the ends. I have a plastic cap on now and will steam after dinner.

Put some more EOs in my oil blend. Heated the oil up and put it on my scalp and gave myself a quick scalp massage. I sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes but I might skip this step in the future and just wear a plastic cap while I exericise.

Just checking in, oil rinsing with castor and sunflower oil. Sealing ends with puranatural capuchu butter. Edges are laid down with lavender wax stick

loving my walnut/apricot mix for sealing

Its so odd, that this really light oil mixture is doing my ends so right. I'll stick to castor oil for smothing edges from now on :)

Did a quick Growth Cocktail of Tiiva Oil and ButtersnBars Grow My Hair, Hair Butter.

Will put on a Plastic Cap & Wig...Run an errand and come back and Cowash.

dabur vatika oil pre-poo
giovanni 50:50 shampoo
joico body delux conditioner
leave-in: castor oil, rosewater, hawaiian silky
edges & ends: kesavardhini & mustard oil
braid to dry

will be adding neem oil, vit e oil, peppermint and tea tree oil to my castor oil to rub on my scalp. Will be researching infusions....wanna increase the ways I use my oils. So I'll be throwing random question to this group if you guys don't mind, every once in a while. I LOVE oils!

Pre oiled my hair with coconut and olive oil. Shampooed in the shower and followed with PC. Parted my hair in four sections, applied JBCO to the parts and along my front hairline. Massaged in. Sprayed olive oil on top of that and massaged that from root to tip. Added SitriNillah on top of that and put a shower cap on for 15 mins. Now I am under the steamer for another 20 (no cap). Once I'm dry I Will seal with coconut oil, probably Vatika frosting. Im moving more into coconut oil based stuff for the winter.

ETA: OMG! That turned out horrible. My hair was a sticky mess after that. Note to self- dont apply JBCO directly to wet hair an then DC. I had to reshampoo. Now I am doing a quick 3 minute conditioning with Matrix Ultra moisturizing balm.

@LaidBak

Thanks for that observation and your post. :yep:

I won't be doing that.:nono:

My hair feels great now that its all said and done-thick and lush. I always mix JBCO into my conditioners, I've just never used it straight like that. I would do it again but only as a prepoo. Like, prepoo with JBCO and heat, then shampoo out.

Had a very strange experience today

Yesterday I went to an indian store and asked if they had mustard oil. He said he had some but it wasn't labeled. I bought a jar for $5. It was a pale yellow color and had a very faint mustard smell. I assumed it was either low quality or watered down with some kind of vegetable oil.
I oil rinsed with it and it didn't make my hair soft and detangled like real mustard oil does so I decided I wasn't going to use it any more. I put some in a marinade for my tofu, and that wasn't all that great either so I decided to just get rid of it

I dumped the jar down the drain and then filled it up with water. As soon as the water hit the jar it instantly turned BRIGHT RED. I kept the water running and it gradually got lighter until it was all flushed out

Anyone have any kind of explanation? I'm pretty concerned about what exactly was in there because I ate it and i'm pregnant

Had a very strange experience today

Yesterday I went to an indian store and asked if they had mustard oil. He said he had some but it wasn't labeled. I bought a jar for $5. It was a pale yellow color and had a very faint mustard smell. I assumed it was either low quality or watered down with some kind of vegetable oil.
I oil rinsed with it and it didn't make my hair soft and detangled like real mustard oil does so I decided I wasn't going to use it any more. I put some in a marinade for my tofu, and that wasn't all that great either so I decided to just get rid of it

I dumped the jar down the drain and then filled it up with water. As soon as the water hit the jar it instantly turned BRIGHT RED. I kept the water running and it gradually got lighter until it was all flushed out

Anyone have any kind of explanation? I'm pretty concerned about what exactly was in there because I ate it and i'm pregnant

You ATE some unlabeled mystery oil???? :nono:

Back