HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends Sealing&Scalp Oiling 9/1 - 12/31 2011

Moisturized with Hairitage Hydrations "Sprout" which is alot like (almost identical to) Christine Gant's "Mixed Greens" :lick:

So if any of you have ever used/tried "Mixed Greens" Sprout is exactly like that.:yep:

A Cross between a Grease, a butter, a pomade and an oil. *if that makes sense* And it's Green.:lol:

Today is my birthday and I decided to end this great day with an overnight castor oil baggy treatment. My hair deserves a gift too!
This time I applied Ovation to my scalp first, the covered that with a thick layer of Hollywood Beauty Castor oil.

Got TU today so tonight it is vatika frosting to soothe the scalp and nourish oil to soothe the strands. :lick: to both.

Started 4 mason jars of ayurvedic infused olive oil today: 3 brahmi, 1 neem.
Castor/sunflower oil rinse and oiled edges, ends with kesavardhini/mustard oil blend.

I'm using infused oils(grapeseed, avocado, evoo) with horsetail, nettle, and burdcock. For a while now.

I saw a you tube tutorial with honey and grape seed oil as a hot oil treatment. I dry detangled with it on my hair in 10 minutes. My hair used to take longer than that to detangle and it was so soft and shiny!:yahoo: I think using oils on my hair are optimum for growth retention for me.:yep:

Applied a layer of Ovation to my scalp, followed by Claudie's Growth Elixir. Sealed my ends with her Ends Insurance, and sealed my hairline with her Hairline and Temple Balm. Sleeping with my plastic cap on again.

Oiling scalp and sealing ends nightly (or every other night) with castor oil/wheat germ or castor/hemp seed. Oil rinsing with castor oil after cowash, 1-3x/week.

Bought a new oil to play with: Strong Roots Red Pimento. So far I've only sealed with it and applied it to my scalp. :) smells yummy yet herbal! :lick:

MaraWithLove

Mara keep us Posted on this one. Several Ladies had a 'reaction' to it..while others did not.:perplexed

I had bought it, to use as a Pre-Cowash Treatment, but decided against it after that, so I swapped it.

I hear it's very strong.:yep:

IDareT'sHair Omo, bad reactions? What happened?

I know I've heard someone before say it 'burned' their scalp in a sense?
I usually find out two days after use-if not immediately-whether my hair likes an oil. So far, I've tried it in a few different ways:
1. On a pre-moisturized, dry twist-out as a pre-oil before a cassia treatment
2. As a sealant after washing hair and applying leave-in + avocado butter
3. Directly to my scalp before sleeping last night
4. Just now, after my DC I put a generous amount directly on freshly-washed hair

I wouldn't say it's too strong yet, but it'd probably be best advised for people with very sensitive scalps not to use it. All that I've experienced is a tingling sensation (maybe similar to the feel of peppermint oil or at least neighboring that sensation?) which I LOVE. :giggle: I also like the consistency of the oil. In a way, this oil seems like a great balance (for me, at least): it has coconut oil which penetrates the skin, castor-which I assume is the voluminous factor (provides that nice smooth thicker look to my edges), plus wheat germ-which I already found out my hair loved due to a ceramide DC I use. :)

Anyway, whether for good or bad result, I will keep you guys posted! :) Please excuse the babbling! :D

I'm using infused oils(grapeseed, avocado, evoo) with horsetail, nettle, and burdcock. For a while now.

Ltown

That infusion sounds really good. A couple of questions :look: ? Where did you get your horsetail, nettle, and burdock, and what's your process for infusion? Thanks in advance! :grin:

Ltown

That infusion sounds really good. A couple of questions :look: ? Where did you get your horsetail, nettle, and burdock, and what's your process for infusion? Thanks in advance! :grin:

Brownie518, you know i'm simple. The those herbs are alvita tea bags from vitacost. I places oils and tea bags in mason jar place on stove let boils for 5min, then let the sit for 2 weeks. Simple!

mixed up some sunflower, avocado & apricot oil in my conditioner

dc'ed with that for a couple of hours.

oil rinsed with castor & rice bran.

@IDareT'sHair Omo, bad reactions? What happened?

I know I've heard someone before say it 'burned' their scalp in a sense?
I usually find out two days after use-if not immediately-whether my hair likes an oil. So far, I've tried it in a few different ways:
1. On a pre-moisturized, dry twist-out as a pre-oil before a cassia treatment
2. As a sealant after washing hair and applying leave-in + avocado butter
3. Directly to my scalp before sleeping last night
4. Just now, after my DC I put a generous amount directly on freshly-washed hair

I wouldn't say it's too strong yet, but it'd probably be best advised for people with very sensitive scalps not to use it. All that I've experienced is a tingling sensation (maybe similar to the feel of peppermint oil or at least neighboring that sensation?) which I LOVE. :giggle: I also like the consistency of the oil. In a way, this oil seems like a great balance (for me, at least): it has coconut oil which penetrates the skin, castor-which I assume is the voluminous factor (provides that nice smooth thicker look to my edges), plus wheat germ-which I already found out my hair loved due to a ceramide DC I use. :)

Anyway, whether for good or bad result, I will keep you guys posted! :) Please excuse the babbling! :D

I had small burns from the pimento, and I was not sensitive to anything prior to using it. I use peppermint, rosemary and lemon prior to using this never no burns and still use them other than lemon. I had small pimple burns throughout, you really don't know your sensitivity to some products until you use them that why it is good to test them as directed. I'm glad you don't have problems.

Pulled out my Jamaican Black Castor (maybe because it's a little chilly tonight).:lick:

Doing a nice Scalp Massage.

I also have a Bottle of Extra Dark Jamaican Black Castor. Looking forward to trying this one out as well.:grin:

pre-poo with castor and sunflower oils
shampoo, condition and detangle
apple cider vinegar rinse
kesavardhini/mustard oil & eco custard on edges

Back