HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends Sealing&Scalp Oiling 9/1 - 12/31 2011

Applied my oil blend to my scalp before I steamed. Maybe this will work as well as doing a HOT. :yep:

And I guess I'm doing a faux oil rinse. Steamed with wheat germ oil and then applied the conditioner will rinse in a few hours. Hopefully it will be soft and moisturized.

Oil miss: Jane Carter solution Nourishing Hair Serum
Sucked arse,made my hair rough and dry feeling,stinky. Bottle says explicitly-Not for use on the scalp...wtf??

Oil hit: Beautiful Curls shea butter and neem nourishing curl oil.
Staple status!! The first ingredient is west African sesame oil,so its kinda stinky too,but everywhere the Jane Carter failed,this product excelled. A fraction of the price too. I want this mix and sapote oil to be my staple oils.

Midweek (hopefully, if I get over this cold in time), I plan to do a HOT, diluted shampoo, tea rinse, and DC. Oils I will use are grapeseed, africa's best herbal oil/hot 6 oil, brahmi oil, vatika oil, rosemary oil, eucalyptus oil, lavender oils (all mixed together). If I don't get to this midweek, it is in my plans for next week. I have to restock on rosemary and eucalyptus oil.

My crown is growing in but I sure want more :yep: So I applied my oil blend to my crown area after I twisted.

@faithVA

Seems like after I got my Crown turned around, my Nape started ackin' a Fool....so now I'm 'nursing' on that.:nono: heavily.

I'm always 'babying up' some troubled spot.:ohwell:

[USER=118875 said:
IDareT'sHair[/USER];14396319]@faithVA

Seems like after I got my Crown turned around, my Nape started ackin' a Fool....so now I'm 'nursing' on that.:nono: heavily.

I'm always 'babying up' some troubled spot.:ohwell:

Well way to encourage me and share the good news :lachen:

Sorry your nape is acting up. My nape and I have an understanding. It tells me to jump and I say how high :yep:

@faithVA That was never my "Problem Child" before. It was always my Crown. :perplexed

And as soon as I get that On Point, something else breaks out & starts Clowin'.:ohwell:

I will be listening to my Nape Loud & Clear from Now On.:rolleyes:

[USER=118875 said:
IDareT'sHair[/USER];14396507]@faithVA That was never my "Problem Child" before. It was always my Crown. :perplexed

And as soon as I get that On Point, something else breaks out & starts Clowin'.:ohwell:

I will be listening to my Nape Loud & Clear from Now On.:rolleyes:

Sounds like you need a family meeting to talk to all the hair and explain to it how things are going to work from here on out. :look: or maybe talk to every area and tell it you love it. :yep:

What did you do for your crown?

Sounds like you need a family meeting to talk to all the hair and explain to it how things are going to work from here on out. :look: or maybe talk to every area and tell it you love it. :yep:

What did you do for your crown?

faithVA Massaged it. Made sure I always applied Extra Product to that area. Also made sure I didn't over manipulate it.

I always loaded that area up with Moisturizers or something. Now, I'm doing the same thing to my Nape.:yep:

Hopefully, I can turn it around SOON.:rolleyes:

oh...havent been in here in a bit.

today i cleansed & dc'ed
then twisted just rinsed hair with castor oil...made for a neat, smooth look

when i was done, i smoothed some apricot oil on.

Thank God for grease and castor oil. My ends developed fingers, grabbed onto one another and refused to let go. That sunflower oil got my hair so shiny. I am halfway through a pound in two months

Baggied overnight with sunflower oil, then did a HOT, then finally did an oil rinse. I :love: this oil. It is a keeper.

My scalp has been tight ever since I relaxed a few days ago. So tonight I greased it with Hollywood Beauty castor oil (the kind in the jar). I glopped it on there real good and getly rubbed it in. I'm hoping this will sooth my scalp as my body heat melts it. I put some on my ends too, just for S&Gs. Im going to baggy overnight and clarify in the morning.
ETA: my hair feels soft and my scalp feels wonderful after my wash! I may do that more often with the castor oil. Great results!

I prepooed yesterday with walnut and hemp oil, but didnt have time to oil rinse with my sunflower oil. Will definitely do that next time.

pre-poo: mahanarayan and castor oils
shampoo: Swastik shikakai bar
conditioner: Joico Body Luxe
moisturize and seal: Nexxus phtyo organic Nectaress; castor and sunflower on edges and ends; braid to dry

Hi ladies!! Man, I have really slacked off on posting on here lately..smh.. I blame all my friends I actually have stuff to do on the weekend now, but they will be leavin soon and I will start stalkin da forum again. lol!

I have been working out so much lately so I haven't really been doin anything different to my hair cuz it's so thick and growing like crazy. I'm happy that it is growing and gettin so thick but at the same time I don't want to be bothered with it.. I am still water rinsing after workouts and applyin my sulfur mix and mega-tek mix. Qhemet Biologics has become my staple products and I do still use Botticelli botanicals brulee it gives me nice soft hold. So far it's only 4 products in my regimen and that's good. :-) Haven't had the urge to buy anything. Other than that I am still bunning religiously and hiding my hair as much as possible.

An_gell

Glad you have Good Friends There.:grin: You are so Far Away.:sad:

Keep up the good work with your Work-Out Regimen.

And don't slack off on your Oiling & PS'ing.:yep:

I put some Claudie's Elixir on my scalp and then soaked my hair in JBCO, Emu, Amla, and Brahmi oils. I'll be washing later.

Silk Dreams Nourish Dreamy Decadance Oil is thebomb.com. It is very light and makes my hair feel so smooth! ooooohwee!

@An_gell

Glad you have Good Friends There.:grin: You are so Far Away.:sad:

Keep up the good work with your Work-Out Regimen.

And don't slack off on your Oiling & PS'ing.:yep:

Awwwww. :blowkiss:Thanks!! I'm glad I met some awesome people so far here as well it definitely makes time go by faster..cuz da Lord knows I'm ready to go back home. I finally got my new assignment RIP today only 6 more months to go and I'll be chuckin up da dueces to this place and i can't wait.. :-) I been promotin this site though since I got here alot of sistas are interested and I keep tryin to put them on this site for information and support. Yall are da bumb!!

Last edited:
My crown loves a little oil in the mornings. I can hear it give a sigh of relief. :yep: So oiled it again this morning with a really quick scalp massage.

Quick scalp massage with sulfur infused Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade. Moisturized with Oyin Juices & Berries.

Back