HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends Sealing&Scalp Oiling 9/1 - 12/31 2011

Applied AVG to my scalp and followed it up with my oil blend. My scalp is feeling so much better than it did at the beginning of the year. :yep:

Easy washed out henna paste with water and no dryness. Oil rinsed using maka infused sesame oil. Applied argan oil to edges, ends, crown and braided to dry. My celie braid is growing :lick:

Using hv vatika oil, got to use this coconut oil before it gets cold. Its starting to get cold early here.

[USER=302367 said:
thecurlycamshow[/USER];14348797]Has anyone ever steamed with two strand twists? I want to steam but I don't want my twist to unravel. Thanks!

No I haven't but I do plan on trying it this weekend but I braided my roots so they aren't just plan twists. I do understand your concern. When I wash my hair or just let too much water hit my hair my roots unravel. Actually my roots unravel when I sweat too much now that I think about it. :lol:

So I can let you know how steaming in braided twists work out if you are interested. I have a feeling I will need to coat them in oil first, then condition and then steam.

Hey, ladies. I'm still using my darling Hydratherma Naturals oil. :lick:
A friend gave me some Silk Dreams PRE and Nourish oil and I've been using those a little, also. The Nourish has a great mix of oils, makes my hair so shiny. Smells good, too.

Washed my hair, applied some avocado oil, then slathered on some Silk Dreams Moisture Cream condish. Im about to workout so that will generate the heat I need for my DC.

Hey Hair Hotties!

Massaged in Tiiva Oil today. Today is Wash Day. I'll use Pequi & Pure Argan with my Leave-In. Will Moisturize with PuraBody Murmurmu Lotion and Seal with Mango-Tango Butter.

wow, it has been a while....but I am still doing my weekly oil rinse and steam treatment. Just finished washing my hair with Shea Moisture Hibiscus shampoo, then oil rinse with a mixture of red palm oil and coconut oil:lick::lick: (sitting under the steamer)...... then I will rinse using Oyin Honey Hemp condish and seal with my homemade hair cream:drunk::drunk:.

Off topic------I just brought the monoi tiki tahiti vanilla oil from vita-cost, and was wondering if anyone has tried this oil at all:grin:?

No I haven't but I do plan on trying it this weekend but I braided my roots so they aren't just plan twists. I do understand your concern. When I wash my hair or just let too much water hit my hair my roots unravel. Actually my roots unravel when I sweat too much now that I think about it. :lol:

So I can let you know how steaming in braided twists work out if you are interested. I have a feeling I will need to coat them in oil first, then condition and then steam.[/QUOTE

I have steam with two strand twist and your roots will unravel ( well mine did), so if you have a style that you don't want to redo....... I would recommend that you wait until you are taking down your twist and then wash, DC and steam.

I have been slacking, since classes started I haven't been having the time BUT tonight, I will make-up for it. going to do a HOT with carrot oil, ceadarwood, rosemary and olive oil while I workout. I have a feeling it's going to be running all down my neck but oh well. Love the shine it gives in the end.

Did a water rinse last night, and moisturized with BB gelee and sealed with qhemets AOHC. I re-did my 3 day old bun and oiled my scalp with my sulfur oil.

Buttered my scalp with Seyani after my wash (this afternoon), and used a little vatika frosting all over. Gonna hit the ends with the butter again now that its time for bed and seal with grapeseed oil.

'Night Divas! :sleep:

Oil rinse: maka infused gingelly
shampoo: Giovanni Smooth as Silk
conditioner 1: Mane n Tail, liquid lecithin, water, Nexxus Humectress
conditioner 2: joico body deluxe
detangle with conditioners and shower comb
apply small amount of joico to edges and ends
apply small amount of sunflower oil to edges and ends
distribute oil/conditioner with shower comb
braid hair to dry

This is really the time of year that I need to up the use of my oil mixture on my scalp. Going to do it at least every other day. I applied a little to my crown this morning. I love the way it smells. :lick:

I can't wait to do an oil rinse this weekend. :yep:

Back