HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends Sealing&Scalp Oiling 9/1 - 12/31 2011

youwillrise, I don't think I've tried any of those oils. I'm intrigued...

avocado used to be one of my staples, but for whatever reason...i just stopped buying it. i tried apricot kernel for the first time recently and i like it.

i have never tried sunflower or rice bran...so hopppppefully these trials are successful.

Ms_CoCo37 I read up on it awhile back and I was very impressed with all the good things it does for your Hair/Scalp/Skin.

I like Sweet Almond too (but don't have any).

xdecided to use rice bran oil.

after i did my bentonite clay treatment, i slathered on some aubrey organics hsr that i mixed up with some coconut milk, then i put the rice bran oil on top of that.

mmmm...i have a feeling this will be niiiiiice lol.

will rinse around...11ish.

Refilled one applicator bottle with Kesavardhini concentrate and mustard oils and a second bottle with Mahanarayan and castor oils. Used maka oil for oil rinse. Applied kesavardhini blend to scalp and brushed through hair, braid to dry.

Good Evening Lovelies!

I just rinsed my twists and sealed with a delightful oil combo that I purchased from my local indian market. The oils listed are wheat germ, vitamin E, Arachis, and olive oil. I'll be sleeping in a baggy tonight. My hair smells sooooo good!

I've been applying hemp seed oil to my hair nightly and I love how smooth it makes my hair, as well as the shine.
d0362dff-045d-8d29.jpg

Sent from my HTC Glacier

ETA: Sorry the pic is so huge! It was uploaded from my phone and I can't resize it.

Last edited:
Also planning on purchasing amber bottles with pumps to make it an easier/less messier process to get to my oils. I'm currently using amber bottles with caps, which are fine but then I get the oils all over the bottles when picking up the bottle and then on my counter top.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

saturate hair with catnip teal. oil rinse with mahanarayan/castor oil blend (THICK oil but became slick and easily detangled with Joico Thickening conditioner) . Applied kesvardhini/mustard oil blend to edges and ends. braid hair to dry (my blend is 1:5 ratio kesavardhini to mustard oil -- will warm the scalp, nice scent).

Made an oil mix with hemp seed, EVOO and homemade shikakai oil (coconut oil base). I sealed my hair with it last night. I oiled my edges with castor oil before going to the gym this morning.

hay, I suck with updating but Ive been using

hemp seed (went off so I'll have to restock)
castor oil for sealing ends and smothing edges
sunflower, walnut for sealing (ceramides)
need to get back on track with my wheat germ oil

I usually seal with oils but I may branch out into HOT and adding oils to conditioners to steam

IDareT'sHair I had to leave my Apt when I realized I was just sitting down staring at da damn steamer wishing it was next week and time to steam again :nono:

but now Im by my parents trawling the net to find mixtures/products to steam with :spinning:

Back