HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends Sealing&Scalp Oiling 9/1 - 12/31 2011

choctaw How often do you Henna? Or apply some type of Henna Paste? You seem to do that often.

You're just going for the Conditioning effects right? And not the Color?

IDareT'sHair,

I use ayurvedic paste with henna every week. The amount and brand of henna may vary. My hair is deep conditioned; any greys are colored; I can oil rinse/co-wash and swim as often as I like.

Warmed up some JBCO, Amla, Brahmi, and hemp seed and soaked my head in that before washing.
Been sealing with Hydratherma Naturals oil.

Tonight I discovered that I need to seal my ends with shea butter as soon as I finish washing/conditioning my hair. This will prevent my ends from drying out and tangling while I am waiting to style it. So in the future I will apply the shea butter to my ends and then apply the leave-in and twist it up to air dry. I will try this with some heavy oils to see if they work as well.

Evening Hair Hotties! :kiss:

Just massaged in some Camille Rose Growth Oil. I am almost finished with the Bottle but have a Back-Up, so I will pull that out tomorrow.

Maybe I'll try 2 weeks on 2 weeks off the Sulfur Based Growth Oils and the substitute with something else w/o Sulfur.

Maybe JBCO or one of my other Oils.

@Nix08 I've heard alot of good reviews on Gleau Oil. I'd like to try it sometime.

It was one of the first oils I've used and have not strayed from it since. It's light, has no scent, it's absolutely FANTASTIC:yep: I bought one for my mom since she liked mine so much...but I couldn't bring myself to part with it:look: All my other oils I use to DC but always and forever I seal with Gleau:yep:

Last edited:
Hi ladies. Saturday night I did an overnight HOT with Hairveda Cocasta. Last night I oil rinsed with Hairveda Cocasta. I am so glad I re-introduced oil rinsing into my regi. Keeps my hair softer and detangled!

@IDareT'sHair - I've always wanted to try it, too. Shay uses it :yep:. I don't know why I've never purchased it, though.
I'll have to try it soon.

I moisturized, then sealed with Claudie's Montego Bay oil today. Shiny hair.

Brownie518 IK!:grin: I want to try it too. I finished up a Camille Rose (have a back up)

yea ive been using it and i like it. its very very light. makes the hair soft and gives a little shine.

chebaby I'm glad you like it. It's Jojoba right w/a Scent?

a little (or...a lot of?) heavy sealing on the ends with the oyin mix. got a plastic bag on that i'll take off before i go to bed.

i'm thinking of getting myself some avocado oil or butter. i used to use this stuff a lot, but it's been a while since i've used it - maybe a year or so.

@Brownie518 IK!:grin: I want to try it too. I finished up a Camille Rose (have a back up)

@chebaby I'm glad you like it. It's Jojoba right w/a Scent?
off the top of my head its jojoba, avocado, carrot seed and something else i cant remember. i think black currant oil too. its pretty ok. based off og the performance i wouldnt rush to repurchase it but the smell will keep me coming back. then again i love thicker oils and this oils is hella light like water so others might like it way more than me. its good but not a must have.

Continuing with the water rinses. I just started doin Insanity in the mornings and running in the afternoon so I might have to start oil rinsing and co-washing more to keep my scalp somewhat clean.

Moisturized then sealed with grapeseed oil.

Scalp massage with mix of coconut, vitamin E, lavender, eucalyptus, and tea tree oil.

Back