HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends Sealing&Scalp Oiling 9/1 - 12/31 2011

[USER=118875 said:
IDareT'sHair[/USER];14232745]@faithVA Nah.....It shouldn't be heavy at all.:nono: Nope. Not At All.:nono:

It couldna' been Pure Argan.:sad:

Yeah, I don't know. I bought this before Argan oil was all the rage. When I bought it I had never heard of it and it hadn't hit stores yet.

But I will check into it. Will pick some up if I happen to see it.

Sunflower is about the lightest thing I have ever tried. Of course last time I used it I packed a lot on and it can get greasy. I am very impressed with it because it has staying power.

If you want something lighter you might have to make a spritz. I ordered a bottle of argan oil from Israel so I will let you know when it comes if it is lighter.

i want to join something as my hair seems to be really dry, but I cant even begin to research how to do these treatments...

AnjelLuvsUBabe Hi! HOTs aren't complicated. You can keep it simple at first. Just start with a good moisturizing oil (like olive oil), and apply it to your hair. Wrap it up with a plastic cap and a towel and...voila! You're doing a hot oil treatment.

Oil rinsing is easy too. Just wash your hair, apply oil, then apply conditioner and "rinse" the oil out with the conditioner.

Oils for hair are :lick:

@AnjelLuvsUBabe Hi! HOTs aren't complicated. You can keep it simple at first. Just start with a good moisturizing oil (like olive oil), and apply it to your hair. Wrap it up with a plastic cap and a towel and...voila! You're doing a hot oil treatment.

Oil rinsing is easy too. Just wash your hair, apply oil, then apply conditioner and "rinse" the oil out with the conditioner.

Oils for hair are :lick:

So Guess it really is that simple.. What is Oiling pulling/sealnig

So Guess it really is that simple.. What is Oiling pulling/sealnig

Sealing just means that you apply a layer of oil over a moisturizer, or over water to "seal in" the moisture.

Oil pulling is something I read about a long time ago. I cant say for sure...rinsing your mouth with oil I think. But you're better off reading the thread on it.

Applied my oil blend to my scalp. Didn't really massage it in but put on my plastic cap to give it a heat boost. Appllied more shea butter to my ends.

Tonight I sprayed a little Aphogee 2-Min Leave in condish on my twist. Then I followed up with my oil mixture (see post# 264 for my list of oils). Now I'm all baggied up and tied down for bed. :)

I really need to wash my hair so I'm doing a pre-treatment with my coconut oil mix and will shampoo in the morning.

Prepooed with almond oil (love the slip!) and Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Conditioner.

After washing, conditioning, etc, I sealed with pure hemp seed oil.

@AnjelLuvsUBabe

There's a Mixture of Naturals, BKT's, Transitioners, Texlaxed and Bonelaxed. You have to experiment to come up with the right portions/amounts types of Oil(s) how to apply them to get the most benefit for Your Hair.

It's definitely going to be Trial & Error.

Personally, I am Relaxed. I'd like to say Bone Straight, but since I self-relax (and not very good) I am probably more Texlaxed.

Evening Hair Hotties!:grin:

Applied Camille Rose Growth Oil. Moisturized with Marie Dean's Henna Buttercreme.

faithVA I may try my Camille Rose under a Plastic Cap in the Evenings for that Extra Heat-Boost.

Thanks for mentioning that.:yep:

[USER=118875 said:
IDareT'sHair[/USER];14239271]Evening Hair Hotties!:grin:

Applied Camille Rose Growth Oil. Moisturized with Marie Dean's Henna Buttercreme.

@faithVA I may try my Camille Rose under a Plastic Cap in the Evenings for that Extra Heat-Boost.

Thanks for mentioning that.:yep:

I don't think that was me :look: What is Camille Rose? I'm just as lost :lol:

@[URL="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=118875" said:
IDareT'sHair[/URL];14239325]@faithVA Girl....I was talmbout this:lol:

Now you know you have to hold my hand the whole time you walk me down the path. Otherwise I get lost. :lol:

Ok... I understand. ... oh and your welcome :yep:

oil rinse with maka infused sesame oil. Final rinse with diluted ayurvedic tea. Spray hair with home made juice (castor oil, rosewater, Hawaiian Silky). Apply vegetable glycerin and argan oil to ends. Make chunky twists to air dry.

@choctaw You do the most creative things......:grin:

What would you say is the lightest Oil You've tried?

@faithVA is looking for a super lightweight Oil.

I think Pure Argan is the lightest I've tried. Along with Grapeseed, Black Cumin and now Pure Jojoba that I got from Jamaican Oils.com It's Super Light.

Back