Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2015-2016 Challenge!

^^^^^ And yes I know that picture is stooopid large but my phone is broken and I'm on my laptop....and ya girl aint with that resizing life.

Anyway....yall know I am NOT cutting my hair so I went with a short sew in bob weave instead. I'll shoot to keep it in for 8 weeks

^^^^^ And yes I know that picture is stooopid large but my phone is broken and I'm on my laptop....and ya girl aint with that resizing life.

Anyway....yall know I am NOT cutting my hair so I went with a short sew in bob weave instead. I'll shoot to keep it in for 8 weeks
Ok. You almost gave me a heart attack. I need you to post disclaimers in the original post ma'am

Just finished retwisting my hair. It looks good but I feel like it's going through an awkward stage because of the length of the sides. If they were a little shorter or a little longer it'd look better :look:

For now I'll leave it alone but at the end of the year I think I'm going to trim an inch....watch me change my mind next week :):lachen:

Love the positivity in this thread! :yep:

I have just been cowashing every three days. I think I've found yet ANOTHER favorite conditioner in Tresseme Flawless Curls! :lol: I tried it on a whim and I love it so much I bought a second bottle...much bigger and with a pump! :) I eventually will buy the matching shampoo as well.

My new favorite gel...which isn't really new to me...is Ampro Olive oil when I can't find my Wetline Xtreme gel.

I'm gonna do a shampoo wash the first week of July. I've been cowashing all month and I think my lowest layer is a little past Hip length now! Hopefully in September I'll be able to straighten it so I can trim off a good 2 inches.

Time to trim and grow!! I want to maintain at Hip Length.

This is my hair today. I actually tried using a "detangler" before washing today. (Spray bottle of conditioner and water)

I shampooed, deep conditioned and styled as usual. Nothing fancy.

Attachments

• 20160702_154019.jpg
    20160702_154019.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 60
  • 20160702_154032.jpg
    20160702_154032.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 20160702_155242.jpg
    20160702_155242.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 20160702_155259.jpg
    20160702_155259.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 55
Hey guys! I know I'm super late but I want to join in. I have 4 inches to HL and I know it's kind of ambitious to reach HL by the end of the year but I figured I'd give it a shot.

Current length: MBL. Also, 1 inch away from WL

• Regimen: I got a sew recently and my hair grew so much that I've decided to go back to the routine that got me the majority of my length, PS. I will get a sew in every 6-8 weeks and take 1 month off in between each install. I will moisture my hair while in a ps. When not in a ps, I will wear wet buns and wngs and will also M&S daily and DC weekly. I will also take vitamins and exercise.

• Exact goal length (for this challenge): HL

• Exact goal date: December 2016

• Tools + plans to help reach final goal: DC with heat, steam treatments and light trims as needed.

• Maintenance + plans once goal is achieved: Low mainencence hairs styles, hide ends, minimal heat, wet buns and weekly DCs.

@lulu97, I know your Cali stylist, probably told you how to care for your hair under the weave. I still wanted to share this YTer's video.

She's so gentle with her hair! I need her to rub my forehead, so the gentle touch can transfer to my hands.

Last edited:
@MileHighDiva Thanks so much for the video Sis!

I found a local stylist to wash and style the weave so all I do is moisturize the braids underneath a few times a week. She does some similar things.

She washes it twice (not with an applicator bottle though) She puts the shampoo in her palm and dips her fingers into it and apply the shampoo in between each track. Lawd it feels good.

Apply the deep conditioner and sits me under the dryer (it was a very short session...I'm thinking 10 minutes) I didn't mind though as I usually deep condition 15-20 minutes

Rinses out the DC. Sprayed a light leave in to my hair underneath as well as the weave. Puts a roller on my leave out then sits me under the dryer for 1 hour.

Styles the weave and blends my hair into it. (Without heat) She was surprised that my own hair got so straight with a roller. LOL

She is good. She also used Joico products so you know I was a happy camper. She used the Joico Color Endure shampoo, the Intense hydrator and a leave in that was in a blue bottle. (The name escapes me ATM) I plan on purchasing the shampoo once my current one is out.

@Joigirl What do you use in your hair to make your curls clump so nicely!?? I can't get mine to form thick spirals like yours. :(

Sorry for the delayed response. I use a modified curly girl method. I cowash weekly and shampoo monthly. That helps me with moisture retention and curl formation. As for products, I mix and match a lot because my hair hates coconut oil. I like Darcy's Botanicals Leave in, Donna Marie Buttercreme, Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic for both WNGs and TOs.

Back